Change of food

Go down

Change of food  Empty Change of food

Post by staffybwoii Thu Jan 03 2013, 12:22

My eldest two are on pero and are doing amazing on it they have good coats good muscle definition and to top it off they love it. Infact all the foods I've tried pero has been the best in my opinion. (And my dogs) lol. Not sure what everyone else's opinion on it is or if they rate it but like I said for my two its the best. Onto my point chaos is 7 months on 17 jan and I was wondering if anyone knows when I can introduce him to this? I know guidelines say like 12 months or some even say 18 months but I've read a few times pups can be introduced to adult food sooner? At the moment he's on wainwrights 2 - 18 months he is doing well on it but for me I'd personally like him on pero as soon as possible. If anyone knows anything about this or can guide me better I'd appreciate their advice thanks.
staffybwoii
staffybwoii
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : gunner + minnie + chaos
Dog(s) Ages : 17months + 3 1/2 + 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : male/ bitch/ male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Change of food  Empty Re: Change of food

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 12:24

Just wondered why he's on Wainwrights if you like Pero? I'm sure Pero do a puppy food?

Back to top Go down

Post by staffybwoii Thu Jan 03 2013, 12:28

Only started using pero in the summer and I assumed wainwrights would be best for chaos weren't too sure what the pero puppy was like, also I was put off by the fact the pero I use is breed specific and the puppy is just regular for all dogs.
staffybwoii
staffybwoii

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 12:37

I wasn't criticizing, I just wondered.

The breed specific one is ok, although it'd be no good for me because it's chicken based & Dempsey is chicken intolerant.

The puppy one, I must admit, doesn't look as good - it's got a very high cereal content. Does it give any guidelines on the Pero packet when to change?

Back to top Go down

Post by staffybwoii Thu Jan 03 2013, 12:47

I haven't actually ever brought the puppy one and it doesn't say on the web site. I do know there are better foods out there but my two are fussy so it's hard, and the only other food they have ever really liked was one from my local farm which they made and that Wernt good them at all
staffybwoii
staffybwoii

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 13:10

Hopefully someone else can give you a better idea of the time to change than me! I don't feed dry/commercial food, so unless there's instructions on the packet, I'm not much use! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down