Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon)

+2
janey
Ben
6 posters

Go down

Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) Empty Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon)

Post by Ben Wed Jan 02 2013, 22:50

Here are a few pics from a snowshoe hike from the cabin up to the bridge via the beaver dam. No doggies as they aren't allowed at the cabin broken heart . At least they are having fun at the doggie resort.

Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2345_zps0fd56ad4
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2357_zpsd9c2ca5a
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2358_zps8dd420b2
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2359_zps77a6c2b6
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2360_zpsca7d0faa
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2374_zps0193fb51
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2376_zpse2d7ee67
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2381_zps8a748c73
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2385_zps568f6e2f
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2386_zpsa190782c
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2388_zps9c9bec61
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2393_zpsa26cb8c4
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2398_zps984ff8ab
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2399_zpsa70bc65f
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2407_zps88700066
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2411_zps7cfd8b89
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2418_zpse6bb881d
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2420_zps54bb149a
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2421_zps3fc11a83
Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) IMG_2510_zps10d3dae8
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) Empty Re: Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon)

Post by janey Wed Jan 02 2013, 22:54

Simply stunning! Great pics, so so so not jealous at all Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) Empty Re: Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon)

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02 2013, 23:30

Oh how I envy you. Just the snow, not the scenery Laughing but it is very beautiful, great pics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 00:09

Wow, that's so beautiful!

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Thu Jan 03 2013, 00:32

Lovely pics.
But aside from the content, that lens looks sharp (and with a wide aperture - is it a zoom with f2.8 or lower max aperture, or are you using various primes?) Love Struck
Keith
Keith

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Jan 03 2013, 00:41

Keith wrote:Lovely pics.
But aside from the content, that lens looks sharp (and with a wide aperture - is it a zoom with f2.8 or lower max aperture, or are you using various primes?) Love Struck

Not using various primes. It is a EF 70-300 F/4-5.5 IS USM lens. It takes amazing pics. It is extremely sharp. Didn't drop the dough to get the super fine macro. I have to stand back nearly 5 ft to get the macro shots, but it does pick up great detail. Got it for a steal at $350 versus it normally sells for $650 here. There are some nicer lenses for the wider angles but I'm not in love with Canons. Think I may try out some others.

Edit: left out a key word Laughing "not"
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 05:09

Looks far to cold for me cold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jan 03 2013, 11:24

Wow cracking shots there Ben, where about is the cabin ??It looks beautiful
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Thu Jan 03 2013, 12:14

Beautiful photos and scenery. Oh what a joy to see blue sky Love Struck Smile
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jan 03 2013, 12:38

Ben your livin the dream mate, cabin in the snow Surprised day dreaming

A lot of the lads on the american Jeep forum I use are posting up pics of trips out in the snow for a bit of off road fun day dreaming
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Jan 03 2013, 15:02

Kathy, it is in Lake Tahoe.

Andy, planning on it. I'm right by the rubicon trail but have to go all the way around the lake to get to it (1 hr drive). Lots of off road opportunities in the snow. Did a bit of drifting in some lots. Big Grin
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jan 03 2013, 16:59

Ben wrote:Kathy, it is in Lake Tahoe.

Andy, planning on it. I'm right by the rubicon trail but have to go all the way around the lake to get to it (1 hr drive). Lots of off road opportunities in the snow. Did a bit of drifting in some lots. Big Grin

"Rubicon Trail" ... Surprised ... I hate you Sad Tongues (tho I would think your Yota is a bit posh for that type of trail isnt it ? whew! $-) )
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Jan 03 2013, 17:26

Andy wrote:

"Rubicon Trail" ... Surprised ... I hate you Sad Tongues (tho I would think your Yota is a bit posh for that type of trail isnt it ? whew! $-) )

You should see the Mercedes G, new Land Cruisers and Range Rovers take it. I need to remove my nerf bars, pull the flaps and skirts and bolt on the rock sliders and I'm good to go. Plenty of power and I'm running 24 inches of clearance and armor. Rubicon is a beast! Meet and see people from all over the world coming to do that one.

Last edited by Ben on Thu Jan 03 2013, 17:46; edited 1 time in total
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 17:43

I'm not jealous. I don't even like snow.

Pics from today's snowshoe hike (Keith... taken with the Canon) Man-crying

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jan 03 2013, 18:40

Ben wrote:
Andy wrote:

You should see the Mercedes G, new Land Cruisers and Range Rovers take it. I need to remove my nerf bars, pull the flaps and skirts and bolt on the rock sliders and I'm good to go. Plenty of power and I'm running 24 inches of clearance and armor. Rubicon is a beast! Meet and see people from all over the world coming to do that one.

Do it do it do it do it do it do it ... Big Grin ... I'd be there like a shot is lived over there mate day dreaming ... in fact, when I win the lotto, I think I will travel the states and Canada in an Earth Cruiser Big Grin day dreaming day dreaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvVYQkrTxbA
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Thu Jan 03 2013, 19:11

Andy, planning on it! I'll keep my eye out for your monster rig!
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Jan 03 2013, 19:29

Ben wrote:Andy, planning on it! I'll keep my eye out for your monster rig!

Here's hopin Ben praying

I expect pics of any off road excersions you have Big Grin thumbs up
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 06 2013, 13:01

Nice pics Ben.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down