Mark
janey
Panda
Taryn
8 posters

Go down

poor romeo and his bad leg. UPDATED Empty poor romeo and his bad leg. UPDATED

Post by Taryn Tue Jan 01 2013, 19:44

for over a month Romoe has had a bit of a bad leg. He bombs around so recklessly that we thought he might have pulled amuscel or knocked himself a little hard since he was still running on it and using it just fine, only holding it up when he stood still. But now that it has been a month and things are not getting any better... if not a little worse i must take him to the vet. thsi is goingt to cost... ... much more than i can afford. Romeo is insured luckily, but if he has done real damage to himself here in finland with out insurance it could be something like 6000€ for surgery... and i have to pay 25% of it according to my insurance poolicy... money is very tight for me as it is... but for the love of my dog, it must be done, i can have him suffering. I hope it is nothing too bad and that we can avid sugery... but if it is... my poor baby D:'

UPDATE:
We're going to the vets on monday, but i dont feel that it can come soon enough. Romeo just Vomited everywhere and then i tried to offer him some bolied rice and other soft each foods and he wont eat them.... it worries me so much and now he is clearly restless....oh my poor dog i'm so worried about him, he's my world Crying or Very sad
I hope he's ok Sad well... he is clearly not ok, i just hope its not too serious Straight Face

Last edited by Taryn on Sat Jan 05 2013, 18:27; edited 1 time in total
Taryn
Taryn
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

poor romeo and his bad leg. UPDATED Empty Re: poor romeo and his bad leg. UPDATED

Post by Panda Tue Jan 01 2013, 19:54

We all have to face up to this once in a while. Can you try to contain him in a cage for most of the day and take him out on a lead for his walks, so he does not have the opportunity of bombing around ,which obviously leads to him limping?
Panda
Panda
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Solomon
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years
Support total : 58

Back to top Go down

poor romeo and his bad leg. UPDATED Empty Re: poor romeo and his bad leg. UPDATED

Post by janey Tue Jan 01 2013, 19:56

If its like here you gonna have to rest him and be on anti inflams, hope all goes well at the vets Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Tue Jan 01 2013, 19:58

hope he gets his leg sorted soon. We would go without ourselves to make our dogs better rather them be well. Hopefully we wont ever have to though but accidents happen Smile
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Tue Jan 01 2013, 19:59

he does have a canvas show crate, its pretty big, big enough for a lab or dalmation to be comfortable, i just dont want to leave him crated for 6 or 8 hours while i work Sad the hardest part is stopping him jumping on and off of things like the sofa. he's such a creature of comfort.
i hope the vet tells me he is just going to need pain med and bed rest, but like i said, if it comes to it i have no choice, cant have him suffering
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Tue Jan 01 2013, 20:00

yeah i agree... i go with out for my dog, he is insured.... i'm not Laughing
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Tue Jan 01 2013, 20:21

Poor Romeo. Sorry to hear it it such a bad one. They can be so stubborn about not resting! Hope it improves without the need for surgery.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01 2013, 20:24

Keeping our paws crossed for you and Romeo ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Jan 01 2013, 20:24

Awwww poor Romeo, sounds like it needs checking by the vet, if only to confirm what the problem is. He may need some kind of pain relief and further exploration.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jan 01 2013, 20:27

TBH until you have to have rested him for at least a week then your not going to know if it is a sprain or not. I would hope it is but after that its x rays, I very much doubt he needs surgery, otherwise you wouldn't have him running about.

Total rest for now, and cross the later bridge when/if it comes to it
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Tue Jan 01 2013, 20:57

As janey says rest up then evaluate. If you have to go to the vet try not to mention insurance straight away as un less you have a good one they just see "pay day" and will prescribe all sorts which isnt necessary whats best for your dog. Im sad to say that but unfortunatly its what experiance has left me with. good luck and hope he gets better naturaly
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Tue Jan 01 2013, 22:00

its just that its been a while month that he has been suffering from it and i have been trying to keep him from bounding about too much the poor sod, he's going stir crazy....
i think i have to take him this month at least to put my mind at rest
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01 2013, 22:02

Hopefully he will be better with some rest >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01 2013, 22:06

He might just need some anti inflammatories to reduce any discomfirt. Hopefully that will set him on the path to recovery!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Tue Jan 01 2013, 22:10

Prob best to see a vet then, just question them. Ive never been so cynical as i have until recently... Discounting riley a lump on marleys legs was diagnosed as possible cancer and had all sorts of creams for it at £11 a time but i got fed up after nothing took it down and took advice of a gun dog owner...sea salt and pick it away and now its gone...i hate going home usually but these old know it alls draw me back for advice on dogs...
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Tue Jan 01 2013, 22:23

my breeder is pushing for me to get xrays. matilda jumped on him last night and he yelped and limped rather badly. i'm just so worried for him
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01 2013, 23:54

Poor Romeo Sad hope it's something minor and hope he feels better soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Tue Jan 01 2013, 23:58

Hi Taryn, I'm not if this will help or not but Milo suffered a similar thing back in September the next day following one of his usual big walks where he'll also chase around after his ball and tear through the undergrowth with the kids or other dogs Rolling Eyes

It kind of got better then worse and so on but my husband kept exercising him thinking he was helping grrrr! After 3 or 4 weeks I put my foot down and insisted on total rest. We gave him total rest for 2 weeks. Yes he went a bit crazy with funny 5 minutes in the garden from time to time but considering the exercise he was used to getting he was a star and actually suprised us. We started on lead walks then after 2 weeks total rest and went on from there. He's totally fine now and enjoys as much exercise as he can get Smile Hopefully it's just that simple for you too Smile
ardvark
ardvark
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
poor romeo and his bad leg. UPDATED Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Wed Jan 02 2013, 00:31

i might give that a try. total rest for two weeks and if it doesnt improve...vet
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ardvark Wed Jan 02 2013, 21:31

only you can guage what's right, hopefully though like I said it's as simple as that and just a sprain Smile
ardvark
ardvark
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
poor romeo and his bad leg. UPDATED Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Wed Jan 02 2013, 22:55

well my breeder booked him an appointment with the vet for xrays next week.... i was a little annoyed since i had told her i wanted to do it... i didnt figure that she was going to do it for me... and its at the most high costing place in helsinki Straight Face
but... whats done is done. i accidentlt leant a little on his leg today on the sofa and he cried again... so yeah... he's been suffering too long... time to get this sorted
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jan 02 2013, 22:58

Moo ended up having arthritis in all her 6 front joints, only x rays showed it. Not saying yours is bad but its the best way forward Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 03 2013, 21:24

Romeo's breeder booked him for an x-ray? At least that sounds as if she is concerned, and as she booked the x-ray I would guess she is going to pay for it too - all this is good and well done for the breeder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sat Jan 05 2013, 19:42

no... i need to pay for it. but she's a very involved breeder.
Romeo's so young, i hope its not too bad.
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05 2013, 20:35

Well it's very good she is an involved breeder- a bit off that she took it on herself to book an xray and expect you to pay for it!

However, as Romeo IS so young the chances are that this xray will come back clear and then you will know more what you're dealing with. Hopefully it IS "just" a sprain or a pulled muscle - you'll let us know won't you?

Wishing you the VERY best of luck >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sat Jan 05 2013, 20:49

yeah he walks on it fine seemingly, its just tender when i go to touch it or when he is standing still he holds it up... i have no idea whats wrong with him really. good thing is he isnt vomiting any more and is now begging for food and playing... must have eaten something that didnt agree
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05 2013, 21:29

I hope the x-rays give you an answer and that Romeo is okay >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 06 2013, 22:10

Poor Romeo, I hope the x-ray helps you find out what's wrong with his leg >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down