hoof!!

2 posters

Go down

hoof!! Empty hoof!!

Post by sonics family Wed Dec 26 2012, 15:04

Hello, after sonic being very enthusiastic with our visitors yesterday i was dreading another day of having to keep her on the lead for hours till she calmed down again but then had a breakthrough.

My sister bought a hoof with her, someone had bought a bag of them for her ridgeback and she thought sonic may like one. she walked in sonic smelt the hoof and sat so was given the hoof which she spent the next hour destuffing and chewing....by which time she was used to everyone being here so wandered round for strokes and then went to sleep.

I know she can't have a special treat every time someone comes round but as a one off it made things really easy and i felt so much better not constantly telling her to get down etc!
sonics family
sonics family
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sonic
Dog(s) Ages : 26.06.2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 24

Back to top Go down

hoof!! Empty Re: hoof!!

Post by Mark Wed Dec 26 2012, 15:13

its a good idea sometimes for visitors to bring treats, Helps take the dogs mind off the visitor Smile
Mark
Mark
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 26 2012, 15:14

We did the same with Loki. My nan came over yesterday for dinner, and my uncle yesterday and today. So he had to be in his cage while we ate in the dining room, and I knew he'd start barking, so I gave him a stuffed bone yesterday and a stuffed hoof today. Worked like a charm Big Grin he was very well-behaved. Keeps them occupied and gives them a little treat too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down