Margaret Green Animal Rescue

4 posters

Go down

Margaret Green Animal Rescue Empty Margaret Green Animal Rescue

Post by MGAnimalRescue Thu Nov 29 2012, 13:23

Margaret Green Animal Rescue is the oldest and largest animal rescue charity founded in Dorset. Every year we rescue and re-home over 1,000 abandoned, unwanted and ill-treated animals and re-home them to loving owners. We have centres in Devon and Dorset and have a large variety of rescue pets including Staffordshire Bull Terriers / Cross. We are a registered charity and 100% of donations go directly towards animal welfare. Registered Charity No. 252594.
www.margaretgreenanimalrescue.org.uk

This forum is a great opportunity to help re-home more of our dogs. So, thank you.

Last edited by MGAnimalRescue on Thu Nov 29 2012, 14:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to put web address on.)

MGAnimalRescue
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Rescue Supporter

Status Status :

Support total : 0

http://www.margaretgreenanimalrescue.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Margaret Green Animal Rescue Empty Re: Margaret Green Animal Rescue

Post by Kathy Fri Nov 30 2012, 14:30

If you drop an email to Steve he can add your rescue centre's details to our list. Use the link below to email Steve:

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/contact

Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sar H Fri Nov 30 2012, 22:42

I am involved with a pound that has four staffies on death row. It is such a shame your rescue isn't taking any more staffies on (as I was told today) as no other rescues are either Sad
Sar H
Sar H
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maddie
Dog(s) Ages : about 9
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Mon Dec 03 2012, 13:38

How sad Sad
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by MGAnimalRescue Mon Dec 03 2012, 14:37

Hi Sar H, I'm not sure if you have spoken to one of our Centre staff or not, but we certainly do not discriminate between breeds that we take on. I have spoken to our Lincoln Farm Centre and they run a waiting list that is usually long, as we have all the stray dog contracts in Dorset.

MGAnimalRescue

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sar H Mon Dec 03 2012, 15:10

MGAnimalRescue wrote:Hi Sar H, I'm not sure if you have spoken to one of our Centre staff or not, but we certainly do not discriminate between breeds that we take on. I have spoken to our Lincoln Farm Centre and they run a waiting list that is usually long, as we have all the stray dog contracts in Dorset.

Thanks very much for replying. Smile

I'm not sure now if it was Lincoln Farm or Church Knowle (I think it was Lincoln Farm) and the lady I spoke to said she wouldn't even put staffies on the waiting list as they have too many already. She was very nice and suggested a couple of other rescues we might try but we have already tried them so these four are still in a very precarious situation. worried
Sar H
Sar H

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MGAnimalRescue Mon Dec 03 2012, 15:53

Sar H wrote:
MGAnimalRescue wrote:Hi Sar H, I'm not sure if you have spoken to one of our Centre staff or not, but we certainly do not discriminate between breeds that we take on. I have spoken to our Lincoln Farm Centre and they run a waiting list that is usually long, as we have all the stray dog contracts in Dorset.

I'm not sure now if it was Lincoln Farm or Church Knowle (I think it was Lincoln Farm) and the lady I spoke to said she wouldn't even put staffies on the waiting list as they have too many already. She was very nice and suggested a couple of other rescues we might try but we have already tried them so these four are still in a very precarious situation. worried

Hi, I'm thinking maybe you spoke to one of the new members of staff who may have got the wrong information. I'm currently looking into it and will keep you posted.

MGAnimalRescue

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 03 2012, 18:07

Fingers crossed for some lucky dogs in the run up to xmas Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by MGAnimalRescue Wed Dec 05 2012, 11:49

MGAnimalRescue wrote:
Sar H wrote:

Hi, I'm thinking maybe you spoke to one of the new members of staff who may have got the wrong information. I'm currently looking into it and will keep you posted.

Hi Sar H, just to say that I've spoken to Lincoln Farm and we don’t discriminate against breeds, however, we are under constant pressure through the number of dogs coming into us through our stray contracts, the bulk of which are Staffordshires and we simply aren’t in a position to take on more from other rescues. We're really sorry we can't help at this time. Sad

MGAnimalRescue

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sar H Wed Dec 05 2012, 15:38

MGAnimalRescue wrote:

Hi Sar H, just to say that I've spoken to Lincoln Farm and we don’t discriminate against breeds, however, we are under constant pressure through the number of dogs coming into us through our stray contracts, the bulk of which are Staffordshires and we simply aren’t in a position to take on more from other rescues. We're really sorry we can't help at this time. Sad

Thanks for checking. All the rescues are telling us the same thing at the moment at wits end Rescues do such an important job and you are all at bursting point. Where is this never-ending tide of unwanted pets coming from? angry
It is such a shame for these dogs because if they can't get into a rescue they can't find a new home, so if every rescue is full they will be taken on a final trip to the vets and that just breaks my heart. Sad
Sar H
Sar H

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down