janey
Hayley109
Steve
JK1ass
8 posters

Go down

Hey.... new here... please be gentle Empty Hey.... new here... please be gentle

Post by JK1ass Wed Feb 02 2011, 16:28

Hey every1.... I must confess straight out that I don't own a staffy yet REALLY want to!!! I am now doing my research and preparation so when I do get one I am more than ready..

Some info abt me... I have never owned a dog (tbh up until recently I have been pretty scared of all dogs then I met a friend's staffy and I was mesmerised and he was so friendly etc etc) I don't have any kids so it'll just be my dog and I.

I found these forums coz I wanted to ask a few questions that I don't seem to be able to find on my google searches and also its kinda better asking a real person you know that owns one of these dogs... ok so here goes...

1. Are the red staffys' harder to find then the blue / black ones and if yes is there a reason for that...

2. What is the ideal / best exercise time staffy's need~ I see some sites say 2hrs a day ... is this just like an average or should they be getting more

3. As I work I am wondering what is the longest time in a day they should be left alone for....

4. Should I be looking for a puppy or older dog....

5. Is there a huge difference in temperament between male and female dogs???

My head is full of questions but I will start with these ^^^^^ for now .

Thanks for reading and responding if you can Smile

JK1ass
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Hey.... new here... please be gentle Empty Re: Hey.... new here... please be gentle

Post by Steve Wed Feb 02 2011, 16:30

Hi & Hey.... new here... please be gentle Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Hey.... new here... please be gentle Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Hey.... new here... please be gentle Icon_arrow Here are a list of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Hey.... new here... please be gentle Icon_arrow You can ask for help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Hey.... new here... please be gentle Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
Hey.... new here... please be gentle Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Hey.... new here... please be gentle Empty Re: Hey.... new here... please be gentle

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 16:31

Ive gotta go 2 work and i sooooo wanna answer all your questions!! By the time i get back im sure u will have the answers you need lol xx

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley109 Wed Feb 02 2011, 16:37

Hello and welcome!

A lot of people will want to answer the questions i'm sure.

As i am a recent owner i can only answer what i know! My pup (Logan 7 months) comes to work with me and then is left by himself in the afternoon for approx 4 hours.

If you do work all day and cant take him/her i would deffo think about adopting. Adoptive dogs have lots of plus points - already house trained being one of them. But can have negatives too - ie. you dont know whats happened to them in the past.

But either way i'm sure you'll eventually find the right staffy for you and the right staffy will also find you!

Smile
Hayley109
Hayley109

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Logan
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JK1ass Wed Feb 02 2011, 16:38

blaze wrote:Ive gotta go 2 work and i sooooo wanna answer all your questions!! By the time i get back im sure u will have the answers you need lol xx

Awww thank you for the welcome... I saw your post on another thread and clicked the link to the website so I have been there reading some more.. :p

Hope you have a good day at work Smile

JK1ass

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Feb 02 2011, 16:41

Hiya and welcome, any questions just bombard us with them! I'll do my best on these but its only my opinion,

1. Are the red staffys' harder to find then the blue / black ones and if yes is there a reason for that...

This I have not a clue, mines a rescue.

2. What is the ideal / best exercise time staffy's need~ I see some sites say 2hrs a day ... is this just like an average or should they be getting more

On average I would say 2 45 mins a day and play time etc imbetween, and thats just an average. We have 2 really good walks a day, a couple of round the block walks and lots of playing, but I don't have a garden so try and get her out as much as I can.

3. As I work I am wondering what is the longest time in a day they should be left alone for....

I also do a 9-6, but I have a dog walker (my mujm and best mate) that usually have her for the day or do an afternoon walk so I would say the most I have ever left her is 3-4 hours, but thats only been recent since I changed jobs, I know someone that leaves theres 6 hours and hes ok.

Up to you but if you are thinking about leaving the dog whilst you are at work I would probably suggest a slightly older dog.

I've only had girls so I can't really help there, I think girls are easier because they are less dominant, but there all strong willed thats the breed.

Goodluck and look forward to hearing how you get on. Oh and a staffy is the best breed ever Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by JK1ass Wed Feb 02 2011, 16:45

Hayley109 wrote:Hello and welcome!

A lot of people will want to answer the questions i'm sure.

As i am a recent owner i can only answer what i know! My pup (Logan 7 months) comes to work with me and then is left by himself in the afternoon for approx 4 hours.

If you do work all day and cant take him/her i would deffo think about adopting. Adoptive dogs have lots of plus points - already house trained being one of them. But can have negatives too - ie. you dont know whats happened to them in the past.

But either way i'm sure you'll eventually find the right staffy for you and the right staffy will also find you!

Smile

Thanks Hayley... Congrats on Logan and I wish I could take a dog to work but that's definitely a no go area. And that's what I am worried about with the adoptive dogs line...being that I am overcoming my fears at the same time as getting a new companion... I dont want a dog that has a history which idk about to scare me and lose my confidence. whereas with a pup we can both learn about each other as he/she grows up . Uhmmm so much to think about ...

Did you crate train Logan - just been reading about that now and if you did was it easy to do? Is Logan your first dog..

JK1ass

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by JK1ass Wed Feb 02 2011, 16:51

Janey wrote:Hiya and welcome, any questions just bombard us with them! I'll do my best on these but its only my opinion,

This I have not a clue, mines a rescue.

On average I would say 2 45 mins a day and play time etc imbetween, and thats just an average. We have 2 really good walks a day, a couple of round the block walks and lots of playing, but I don't have a garden so try and get her out as much as I can.

I also do a 9-6, but I have a dog walker (my mujm and best mate) that usually have her for the day or do an afternoon walk so I would say the most I have ever left her is 3-4 hours, but thats only been recent since I changed jobs, I know someone that leaves theres 6 hours and hes ok.

Up to you but if you are thinking about leaving the dog whilst you are at work I would probably suggest a slightly older dog.

I've only had girls so I can't really help there, I think girls are easier because they are less dominant, but there all strong willed thats the breed.

Goodluck and look forward to hearing how you get on. Oh and a staffy is the best breed ever Smile

Aww ty Janey... very helpful stuff you posted...

How old would you say a pup has to be before they could be left alone... as I would be willing to take time off work and arrange for family members to come over until she/he was ready .. Like Hayley above has Logan who is 7months do I need to wait at least this amount of time before being able to leave the house...

Now for some reason I was thinking that girls would be a handful. I like that you have said they are less dominant. I am leaning towards a girl now... wow this is just like so exciting and scary at the same time

JK1ass

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Feb 02 2011, 16:59

Well as you have looked up crate training that would probably suit you, I never have crate trained and up till now she came to work with me, now she will be nearly 2 and always has been fine left alone, as I said I have people pop in to see her too.

Theres a few members on here where there pups have grown up since the forum opened and when they come on they may be able to advice on how long they leave theres. I do though think a slightly older dog may suit you better, maybe a 1 year old as they need so much training and 1 on 1 attention when they are pups. You'll still bond and grow and a lot of places do know the background etc. I got mine at 8 months and she was from a family moving back to SA, so I new history etc. Buts its an individuals choice Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by JK1ass Wed Feb 02 2011, 17:04

Janey wrote:Well as you have looked up crate training that would probably suit you, I never have crate trained and up till now she came to work with me, now she will be nearly 2 and always has been fine left alone, as I said I have people pop in to see her too.

Theres a few members on here where there pups have grown up since the forum opened and when they come on they may be able to advice on how long they leave theres. I do though think a slightly older dog may suit you better, maybe a 1 year old as they need so much training and 1 on 1 attention when they are pups. You'll still bond and grow and a lot of places do know the background etc. I got mine at 8 months and she was from a family moving back to SA, so I new history etc. Buts its an individuals choice Smile

Yeah I can see the wisdom of that... if the dog is about 1yr old will I need to still do crate training ...

JK1ass

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Feb 02 2011, 17:24

depend how well the dog you going to get. i always go by a tired dog is a good dog, a bored dog can be a pain dog.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JK1ass Wed Feb 02 2011, 17:27

Lol Steve... thanks... and can I just say that the website and this forum are awesome..... I cant believe how much time has gone by and I am still here reading stuff. Thanks for putting all that info out here

JK1ass

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Feb 02 2011, 17:28

Smile i'm glad you like it

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Feb 02 2011, 17:29

plus if you have any ideas to improve the website or the forum we love feedback

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hayley109 Wed Feb 02 2011, 17:42

Did you crate train Logan - just been reading about that now and if you did was it easy to do? Is Logan your first dog.. [/quote]

He does have a crate and he will go in it willingly. Im lucky that i can dedicate the whole dining room to him tho so he's never really been in it longer than about 1 hr. Hes quite a chilled dog too and well behaved, he took to house training really quickly. Crate training can really help with house training.
I now use the crate at work so if i have to nip out the office he can stay in his crate and not get in the way of everyone else! (but they all love him)

And before i got Logan i had a rescue Belgian Shepard called Ruby. And i had 3 Heinz 57 dogs when i was growing up!
Hayley109
Hayley109

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Logan
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JK1ass Wed Feb 02 2011, 17:57

Steve wrote:plus if you have any ideas to improve the website or the forum we love feedback

Sure steve... the photos thread are awesome its so nice to see every1's staff... Smile

JK1ass

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Feb 02 2011, 17:58

Big Grin

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JK1ass Wed Feb 02 2011, 17:59

Hayley109 wrote:
Did you crate train Logan - just been reading about that now and if you did was it easy to do? Is Logan your first dog..

He does have a crate and he will go in it willingly. Im lucky that i can dedicate the whole dining room to him tho so he's never really been in it longer than about 1 hr. Hes quite a chilled dog too and well behaved, he took to house training really quickly. Crate training can really help with house training.
I now use the crate at work so if i have to nip out the office he can stay in his crate and not get in the way of everyone else! (but they all love him)

And before i got Logan i had a rescue Belgian Shepard called Ruby. And i had 3 Heinz 57 dogs when i was growing up!

Wow sounds like Logan is the perfect friend... has the paw thing worked itself out.. I was just reading on another thread that you were worried when you first got him about his walk... hope that is all good now Smile

JK1ass

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by JK1ass Wed Feb 02 2011, 18:05

Looking thru some of the photos thread .... I'm a little confused by some colors... Now this might sound silly but: I can make out the ones that are red.... black ... white ... mixed but some are called blue and fawn... and I dont get where blue comes from coz they look black to me and some are a golden like col but they are called red. Is this just a particular way to label staffys. Or am I missing something so obvious.

there is a pic of billy's dad for example on another thread and he looks kinda brownish but I read some1 calling him blue...

JK1ass

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Wed Feb 02 2011, 19:12

blues are more a shade of grey ,

you will find a red dog no probs in my opinion .

i would also suggest you are better getting a puppy , and having people help out etc as that way you have that bond from the pup being so young you can train the pup up as you wish , you aren't getting a dog that has a past that you no nothing about , personally i think you shuld also get a dog that is KC registered and has been dna tested clear for hereditory illness
, i would also say males and females are noticably different in physical appearance , and temprament , males are from my experiance far more challenging as pups and just as testing as adults but worth the work as they love you to death , females from my experiance easier to train less stubborn and challenging and also bloody brilliant too my two never leave my side ( male and female ) i cant say enough for the breed
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Wed Feb 02 2011, 19:15

Hi and welcome!
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Wed Feb 02 2011, 20:53

JK1ass wrote:Hey every1.... I must confess straight out that I don't own a staffy yet REALLY want to!!! I am now doing my research and preparation so when I do get one I am more than ready..

Some info abt me... I have never owned a dog (tbh up until recently I have been pretty scared of all dogs then I met a friend's staffy and I was mesmerised and he was so friendly etc etc) I don't have any kids so it'll just be my dog and I.

I found these forums coz I wanted to ask a few questions that I don't seem to be able to find on my google searches and also its kinda better asking a real person you know that owns one of these dogs... ok so here goes...

I wouldnt say it is harder to find a red staffy tbh there is plenty of them around

Staffies do need tiring out they have lots of energy i walk my staffy 3 times a day ill throw the ball twice for 20 mins and then just a stroll later on at night.

I dont think there is any set time but it is something that i think would be best to get an older dog

This is totally your choice but i would say an older dog there are so many staffies in homes wanting a loving home to go to.

I love the males temprament never owned a female one so wouldnt know how they are

My head is full of questions but I will start with these ^^^^^ for now .

Thanks for reading and responding if you can Smile
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by JK1ass Wed Feb 02 2011, 22:29

niff wrote:blues are more a shade of grey ,

you will find a red dog no probs in my opinion .

i would also suggest you are better getting a puppy , and having people help out etc as that way you have that bond from the pup being so young you can train the pup up as you wish , you aren't getting a dog that has a past that you no nothing about , personally i think you shuld also get a dog that is KC registered and has been dna tested clear for hereditory illness
, i would also say males and females are noticably different in physical appearance , and temprament , males are from my experiance far more challenging as pups and just as testing as adults but worth the work as they love you to death , females from my experiance easier to train less stubborn and challenging and also bloody brilliant too my two never leave my side ( male and female ) i cant say enough for the breed

Thanks for responding niff... I hear you about the pup point and that was my first thought but there is so much more considerations that come into play coz I would hate to do anything that wouldn't be positive for a pup .... I am definitely going to make sure I get one that is KC registered and definitely that has been screened. A lot of the stuff I have been reading makes that very clear that it is so important. I am leaning more towards getting a female one especially now you say that females are easier to train....

JK1ass

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by JK1ass Wed Feb 02 2011, 22:33

Thanks for responding too youngkaiser.... I appreciate the info you have posted... I think now that I want a fawn coloured female staffy.. That may change as my research continues... but I have seen a few pics of them that I have fallen in love with ...

Does anyone know why some sites say that liver (some even say black) coloured staffys are undesirable* ?

Last edited by JK1ass on Wed Feb 02 2011, 22:34; edited 1 time in total

JK1ass

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by JK1ass Wed Feb 02 2011, 22:33

Cornish-Muscle wrote:Hi and welcome!

Thank You Smile

JK1ass

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Feb 02 2011, 22:42

JK1ass wrote:Thanks for responding too youngkaiser.... I appreciate the info you have posted... I think now that I want a fawn coloured female staffy.. That may change as my research continues... but I have seen a few pics of them that I have fallen in love with ...

Does anyone know why some sites say that liver (some even say black) coloured staffys are undesirable* ?

I think and I do really only think, it has something to do with showing and there not the colours for it
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 22:42

Hiya and welcome wave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 02 2011, 22:45

Hi there & welcome!

JK1ass wrote:Looking thru some of the photos thread .... I'm a little confused by some colors... Now this might sound silly but: I can make out the ones that are red.... black ... white ... mixed but some are called blue and fawn... and I dont get where blue comes from coz they look black to me and some are a golden like col but they are called red. Is this just a particular way to label staffys. Or am I missing something so obvious.

there is a pic of billy's dad for example on another thread and he looks kinda brownish but I read some1 calling him blue...

Blue is a dilute form of black, and can look anything from a deep slatey grey right through to nearly black. In some lights the gray colour can look a bit grownish, but it isn't really! A fawn is just a light red. The reds & fawns often have a dark mask & sometimes darker legs & tail. I wouldn't buy purely for colour. Look for a dog/pup that is healthy & lively & which seems to like you. Then the colour will seem perfect anyway!

If you go for a pup and you're at work all day you may have problems house training cause you won't be there to take the dog into the garden when it needs to go. Also, pups need to be fed 3 to 4 times a day at regular intervals. Is there anyone who could come in and help out while you're at work?

I've had b.itches and dogs, and wouldn't say either is better! I prefer dogs, but the b.itches were so much easier to train! But that could be because they were Border Collies & Belgian Shepherds! My last dog was a male staff & he was very laid back & calm around the house most of the time, but a terror with other dogs! My current dog (bull terrier) is quite different. He's a serial chewer, hates cats with a vengeance, is ultra dominant & a complete pain in the a**e! But we love him!

What I'm trying to say is they're all different, and it really comes down to what you prefer. Maybe you could get in touch with a breeder & ask if you can see their dogs to help you make up your mind?

Back to top Go down

Post by JK1ass Wed Feb 02 2011, 22:54

Tracie-Milly-Moos Mum wrote:Hiya and welcome wave

Thanks Tracie Smile

JK1ass

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by JK1ass Wed Feb 02 2011, 23:01

Caryll wrote:Hi there & welcome!

JK1ass wrote:Looking thru some of the photos thread .... I'm a little confused by some colors... Now this might sound silly but: I can make out the ones that are red.... black ... white ... mixed but some are called blue and fawn... and I dont get where blue comes from coz they look black to me and some are a golden like col but they are called red. Is this just a particular way to label staffys. Or am I missing something so obvious.

Blue is a dilute form of black, and can look anything from a deep slatey grey right through to nearly black. In some lights the gray colour can look a bit grownish, but it isn't really! A fawn is just a light red. The reds & fawns often have a dark mask & sometimes darker legs & tail. I wouldn't buy purely for colour. Look for a dog/pup that is healthy & lively & which seems to like you. Then the colour will seem perfect anyway!

If you go for a pup and you're at work all day you may have problems house training cause you won't be there to take the dog into the garden when it needs to go. Also, pups need to be fed 3 to 4 times a day at regular intervals. Is there anyone who could come in and help out while you're at work?

I've had b.itches and dogs, and wouldn't say either is better! I prefer dogs, but the b.itches were so much easier to train! But that could be because they were Border Collies & Belgian Shepherds! My last dog was a male staff & he was very laid back & calm around the house most of the time, but a terror with other dogs! My current dog (bull terrier) is quite different. He's a serial chewer, hates cats with a vengeance, is ultra dominant & a complete pain in the a**e! But we love him!

What I'm trying to say is they're all different, and it really comes down to what you prefer. Maybe you could get in touch with a breeder & ask if you can see their dogs to help you make up your mind?

Thank you Caryll... I hear what you are saying. I have fallen in love with so many pics of pups today its unreal so I really get what you mean ... it is about seeing the pups and getting that connection. But I think I am decided that I want a female staff and the issue about a pup or older dog is a real one coz i was just reading about the type of routine a pup would need and I see that only after about 9 months does the feeding reduce and ofc there is the house training issue... so many decisions. Your current dog sounds like a right character..

Good advice about getting in touch with a breeder and I will do that...thanks again for such an informative reply Smile

JK1ass

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by JK1ass Wed Feb 02 2011, 23:02

Janey wrote:
JK1ass wrote:Thanks for responding too youngkaiser.... I appreciate the info you have posted... I think now that I want a fawn coloured female staffy.. That may change as my research continues... but I have seen a few pics of them that I have fallen in love with ...

I think and I do really only think, it has something to do with showing and there not the colours for it

Awww I see. That might explain it then Thanks for posting Smile

JK1ass

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Feb 02 2011, 23:41

Hello Smile When I get a puppy I take at least 3 months of work and devote myself to them the early training is essential.
I would not say that a bitch is easier than a dog I think a good breeder would identify your requirements and match a puppy suitable for you, in a litter you always get a dominant one and its not always a dog.
A rescue may suit your needs as you can again let them know what your looking for and they will try to match up for your abilities they have youngsters in rescue that are not cruelty cases that need homes.
I think you need to try to make arrangements if you work long hours for your dog at least to be let out for the toilet by a freind or neighbour they are very social and people orientated dogs and thrive on human company. good luck
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 08:27

See i said u would have loads of answers by the time i got back lol! If your buying a dog as a pet then why not look into rescuing? There are sooooo many gorgeous staffords in rescue at the moment from litters of pups to older dogs. I dont really see the nessesity in u getting a pup at all?! Why not go for an older dog? Have a look on some of the rescue sites (google ones near you) and see what u think. He/she will thank you over and over again for giving them a second chance at living! If u do decide to buy a pup just make sure its from a reputable breeder ie kc reg and all health tests so as not to line the pockets of back yard breeders who have got our beloved breed into the state its in now regarding unwanted staffs. Regarding exercise staffs need a minium of at least 2 30min walks but obviously more is better! As has already been said try not to put to much emphasis on colour but personality instead! If u work all day then it would be good if u could get some else to pop in and give the dog a quick walk round the block, or could u pop back at lunch time?
I think u would be a perfect candiate for rescuing a beautiful stafford and really hope u will consider it! Big Grin x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 09:02

Hiya and welcome to the forum. You already have all the advice you need from everyone. I agree with Blaze, rescuing could be the way forward for you. All the dogs are assessed thoroughly so if you let them know that you are just overcoming your fear of dogs, they'll match you with an easy going nice natured dog. You'll find staffies of all ages in there too and they'll be able to advise you about which is best for your situation, ie leaving the dog while at work. I have a 4 and a half month old dog, and I have been incredibly lucky with him. He's crate trained, house trained and is very well obedience trained. Because of all this, I am able to leave him for quite long periods, but not all puppies are so well behaved, as I say, I've been lucky. I think a pup would be better for you because of your fear of dogs, but I think an older dog would be better seeing as you wont have as much time to devote to a puppy as it needs. My pup is an angel now, but it was hard work at first and he needed constant attention. Incidentally, your question about liver colours in dogs, there is a black and tan dog on here called Kaiser and he is GORGEOUS! Janey's right, its only for the purposes of showing that those colours are undesirable. As for female/male preference, it really is down to the individual choice. I prefer males as I find them more obedient, more affectionate and much less prone to mood swings. But there are other members who prefer *. Good luck on finding your perfect staffy. You wont regret getting one, they are a truly amazing breed and a joy to own Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Thu Feb 03 2011, 09:03

ive never heard od black being undersirable confused liver and even tiger brindle ive heard of , but honestly for me no colour is undesirable , when i win the lottery and have my own highland estate i'll have every coulour size shape staff lol Big Grin
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 09:10

I think it's the black and tan Niff. Kaiser's colours. Not desirable apparently but I think Kaiser is one of the best looking staffs I've seen.

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Thu Feb 03 2011, 16:21

yeh i totally agree wee kaiser is a smasher
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03 2011, 16:27

niff wrote:ive never heard od black being undersirable confused liver and even tiger brindle ive heard of , but honestly for me no colour is undesirable , when i win the lottery and have my own highland estate i'll have every coulour size shape staff lol Big Grin

The undesirable colours are liver and black &tan. Black's ok & so is brindle. In fact, tiger brindle is fairly uncommon now, but used to be popular. But let's face it, if you're not going to show your dog, and you're not going to breed it, then what does the colour matter? There are some really beautiful black & tans around!

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Thu Feb 03 2011, 20:51

You might of read it wrong its the black and tans and liver colour that is classed as undesirable personally i love the colours because i own a black and tan there quiet rare ive never met another face to face
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Thu Feb 03 2011, 20:53

Shontelle wrote:I think it's the black and tan Niff. Kaiser's colours. Not desirable apparently but I think Kaiser is one of the best looking staffs I've seen.

Thanks shontelle and niff Big Grin Kaiser sends you lots of licks
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 07 2011, 16:58

Sorry about the late welcome.....im still playing catch up with posts.
Are you any closer to getting a dog?

My Blue looks black on the pics, he looks grey in the sunlight and even greyer when he is near a black dog. Don't normally get much chance to get a pic of that though as he's not dog friendly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down