Anyone had a guest to stay who doesn't like dogs?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone had a guest to stay who doesn't like dogs? Empty Anyone had a guest to stay who doesn't like dogs?

Post by PygmyParrot Sun Nov 25 2012, 10:25

My mum and her partner are coming to visit next weekend, don't see my mum that often (she lives in Notts) and to be honest I'm not overly keen on her bloke (he can be really condescending and a bit snotty) but I do know he isn't keen on dogs at all. Dreading it really, it's always good to spend some time with my mum but if he makes any comments about dogs in general (which he will, he has a million opinions on everything) it's going to be hard to bite my tongue. Sad Maybe Dex will convert him Laughing
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Anyone had a guest to stay who doesn't like dogs? Empty Re: Anyone had a guest to stay who doesn't like dogs?

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 10:35

If someone objects strongly to my dogs then they aren't welcome in my house. Sometimes we have kids round that are scared of the dogs (Jenn's friends) and we act accordingly but big difference between scared and don't like.

If they come then they play by my rules as the dogs are just as much a part of our house as the rest of us and I refuse to keep them away

Back to top Go down

Anyone had a guest to stay who doesn't like dogs? Empty Re: Anyone had a guest to stay who doesn't like dogs?

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 10:39

Dave wrote:If someone objects strongly to my dogs then they aren't welcome in my house. Sometimes we have kids round that are scared of the dogs (Jenn's friends) and we act accordingly but big difference between scared and don't like.

If they come then they play by my rules as the dogs are just as much a part of our house as the rest of us and I refuse to keep them away

Agree with Dave, this is her home as much as it is my kids.. If someone disliked my child they would not be welcome Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Nov 25 2012, 10:43

We'll do our very best to not let Max annoy ppl that come round as he gets really full on, but as Dave said, if someone "dosent like" dogs, they arent welcome here I'm afraid Rolling Eyes .. I WONT take steps to prevent Max from being freindly .. just physically excited with poor unsuspecting visitors doh Laughing
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sun Nov 25 2012, 10:45

I need words with mother I think. They will have to book a hotel unless he is happy to come in and not try and change the dynamic for Dexter and us. I wasn't planning on altering anything in the home to accommodate his dislike that's for sure, so he wouldn't have been happy. But it's not his home.
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sun Nov 25 2012, 10:48

I could always tell him "The forum says you can't stay at ours" and then if he starts log him on here for you lot Laughing
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 10:52

Kat75 wrote:
Dave wrote:If someone objects strongly to my dogs then they aren't welcome in my house. Sometimes we have kids round that are scared of the dogs (Jenn's friends) and we act accordingly but big difference between scared and don't like.

Agree with Dave, this is her home as much as it is my kids.. If someone disliked my child they would not be welcome Smile

Agreed also!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 11:00

Your house your rules

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 11:06

Im with everyone else I'm afraid if you don't like the dogs your not welcome simple as.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 11:11

I'm a joiner so if you want to make things easier, I could build a kennel that you could put in the garden. It will have a good roof so no getting wet and I'll put a door on it so it's not that cold. If however your mums partner isn't up for sleeping in it then I'm affraid he will just have to get a hotel room >Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sun Nov 25 2012, 12:10

BlueStaffBlue wrote:I'm a joiner so if you want to make things easier, I could build a kennel that you could put in the garden. It will have a good roof so no getting wet and I'll put a door on it so it's not that cold. If however your mums partner isn't up for sleeping in it then I'm affraid he will just have to get a hotel room >Smile

Oh don't worry about a door, or a roof, in fact just a couple of boards roughly hewn together will do him Laughing
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 12:18

its your home don't let guests bully you!

My aunty is terrified of cats to the point of cry and shaking (shes a total drama queen, only is scared of them when someones there to watch her) but we dont do anything different and let them toddle about as usual, why should they be locked up cause my aunty has a need for attention lol

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sun Nov 25 2012, 12:22

Laughing Wow that's a bizarre way of trying to get attention eh!

I know, I won't let him cause me bother in my own home no chance. I think he would rather stay in a hotel anyway, so hopefully when I ring my mum later to discuss he will just agree and they can try and book somewhere. He can come round with my mum and be nice, or he can sit in the hotel all weekend - up to him really. I've never ever understood people who don't like animals!!
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Nov 25 2012, 12:51

If you didn't like dogs why would you want to stay at someones house that has them, doesn't make sense to me.

Your home your rules simples. Big Grin
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 13:26

I've got another problem but the other way round as well . My Auntie (who incidentally loves staffs and looked after my cousin's until her final breath) will not entertain having the dogs in her house as she "can't do with the hassle" and this is only for a visit for an hour or 2 . She lives 150 miles away in my old area and I'm coming to see them all including my Brother and his wife at Xmas. So my simple response was , if the dogs aren't welcome I will not burden anybody else with them to come and see you so guess we won't see you , end of. My wife is much more sympathetic and plans a visit by herself but I certainly won't be there. Love me love my dogs Big Grin
Bizarre thing though is she is quite happy to come to us and see the dogs. I just think she shows total contempt for me as if I have a couple of tearaways that will wreck her house

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 14:42

My problem is simular to yours Dave. Only with me it's the dog that's welcome and me that's not Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 14:48

BlueStaffBlue wrote:My problem is simular to yours Dave. Only with me it's the dog that's welcome and me that's not Big Grin
Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sun Nov 25 2012, 16:23

Dave wrote:I've got another problem but the other way round as well . My Auntie (who incidentally loves staffs and looked after my cousin's until her final breath) will not entertain having the dogs in her house as she "can't do with the hassle" and this is only for a visit for an hour or 2 . She lives 150 miles away in my old area and I'm coming to see them all including my Brother and his wife at Xmas. So my simple response was , if the dogs aren't welcome I will not burden anybody else with them to come and see you so guess we won't see you , end of. My wife is much more sympathetic and plans a visit by herself but I certainly won't be there. Love me love my dogs Big Grin
Bizarre thing though is she is quite happy to come to us and see the dogs. I just think she shows total contempt for me as if I have a couple of tearaways that will wreck her house

I would be the same if someone wouldn't have Dexter for a visit as well as us and they were far away meaning we would have to leave him ages to go and see them. I would think stuff ya then Laughing

My mum and her oh are going to book a hotel now, apparently he had "forgotten" we had a dog now despite my mum visiting us alone last month and ringing him and telling him about Dex, and no doubt mentioning him when she got home too. Rolling Eyes
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25 2012, 17:24

PygmyParrot wrote:
Dave wrote:I've got another problem but the other way round as well . My Auntie (who incidentally loves staffs and looked after my cousin's until her final breath) will not entertain having the dogs in her house as she "can't do with the hassle" and this is only for a visit for an hour or 2 . She lives 150 miles away in my old area and I'm coming to see them all including my Brother and his wife at Xmas. So my simple response was , if the dogs aren't welcome I will not burden anybody else with them to come and see you so guess we won't see you , end of. My wife is much more sympathetic and plans a visit by herself but I certainly won't be there. Love me love my dogs Big Grin

I would be the same if someone wouldn't have Dexter for a visit as well as us and they were far away meaning we would have to leave him ages to go and see them. I would think stuff ya then Laughing

My mum and her oh are going to book a hotel now, apparently he had "forgotten" we had a dog now despite my mum visiting us alone last month and ringing him and telling him about Dex, and no doubt mentioning him when she got home too. Rolling Eyes

Good result !!! Last time my brother came down I put him in a hotel as we had some free nights for Premier Inn to use up so cost me nothing and we didn't have to put up with the hassle so everyone was happy

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sun Nov 25 2012, 20:02

Definite result Big Grin
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down