Any one experienced Mammary Cancer in their bitch? :(

+2
janey
Paulabrown123
6 posters

Go down

Any one experienced Mammary Cancer in their bitch? :( Empty Any one experienced Mammary Cancer in their bitch? :(

Post by Paulabrown123 Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:53

Unfortunatly my little girl Roxy was diagnosed with this horride disease just over two weeks ago, so far she has had two ops & its looking like she is on the road to recovery. Its all happened very quick & been VERY stressful, poor thing also had a pyometra too, she has been such a little fighter. Was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how their dogs have got on with it?
Paulabrown123
Paulabrown123
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Roxy
Dog(s) Ages : 6 1/2
Dog Gender(s) : FEMALE
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Any one experienced Mammary Cancer in their bitch? :( Empty Re: Any one experienced Mammary Cancer in their bitch? :(

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 22:55

I haven't any personal experience with canine mammary tumours, although I know that, caught early, they have a very good recovery rate. Poor little thing, she must wonder what's going on!

What does the vet think?

Back to top Go down

Any one experienced Mammary Cancer in their bitch? :( Empty Re: Any one experienced Mammary Cancer in their bitch? :(

Post by Paulabrown123 Wed Nov 21 2012, 23:04

The vet has been really good, said that she has got age on her side,if she was older outcome prob would of been bad. Poor little thing has been so good through all of this, she has got to have 3rd op in afew months to do mammery strip on other side as they wouldnt do both at same time as it is too life threatning to her, just got to pray that in mean time it dont come back.
Paulabrown123
Paulabrown123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Nov 21 2012, 23:07

Poor love. I hope it doesn't reoccur. >Big Grin<

Always stay positive about these things and if you ever need to chat we're here Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulabrown123 Wed Nov 21 2012, 23:11

ahh thanks guys xxx Love Struck
Paulabrown123
Paulabrown123

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Nov 21 2012, 23:13

Awwww poor little girl Crying or Very sad >Big Grin<
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Thu Nov 22 2012, 02:02

My brothers springer spaniel had mammary cancer last year, she was about 6 when she got it and recovered fine, although she is now missing sum nipples, she also got spayed afterwards.
so hope yours will be ok too Love Struck
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel + Leroy
Dog(s) Ages : 17mnths - bout 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ male
Support total : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu Nov 22 2012, 03:37

not personally, but i know of a bitch that made a full recovery after having one breast(?) removed & even whelped at least one litter after it.
pyometra is a different story. hysterectomy is the usual outcome.

they are tough little buggers, she'll be good.

pedro
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Thu Nov 22 2012, 10:46

So sorry to hear this broken heart I don't have experience with mammary cancer, but I do with skin cancer. My girl had a grade six malignant melanoma removed a year ago and I was told she had 6 months.. a year later she's completely recovered and absolutely fine in herself.

They really are tough little things but it's a really traumatic thing to go through and it sends you out of your mind with worry. I had many, many conversations with my vet who was great and learnt everything that I could about the disease so that I could be prepared. There is lots of information online for owners that have gone through the same thing, really hope that she's going to be okay and that you find somebody that can help you out soon! >Big Grin<
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down