Looking for a good raincoat for my boy

+3
janey
Kathy
wheezysue
7 posters

Go down

Looking for a good raincoat for my boy Empty Looking for a good raincoat for my boy

Post by wheezysue Wed Nov 21 2012, 20:49

Hi everyone, ok am looking for a good coat for my boy for winter and am not having alot of luck. In the last month have bought 2 different coats and both turned out unsuitable.
1st a fleece dog coat polar, it has 4 legs and covers them for winter. I ordered the correct size but just wasn't right for the broad body and neck and short legs of a staffie. It seemed ok when i tried it on him but on our first walk out i had to remove it after 5 mins as it was too tight for him to move comfortably.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_clothing/winter_coats/248445

So i saved up and a few weeks later i ordered a diff coat
Illume Nite Neon Dog Coat, i went for the same size which was 50cm and when it came it was too long and hangs half way down his back legs! lol
I did phone the company and explain my problem and they sent me another one a size smaller free of charge. I thought this one ok but after his walk that evening i noticed under his front armpits he was really red and sore,so the coat must have been too tight and caused a friction burn when he ran about! So thats 3 new coats, i don't want to buy another until i can find one suitable for a very broad chested staffie.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_clothing/waterproof/274366
So anyone got any suggestions, i mainly want one to keep him dry when it rains and one thats good for night walks. For now am going to try and shorten the one thats too long.
p.s: the company i used zooplus have now given me both a harness and a new coat free of charge when i had problems, i am so impressed with them that i use them for anything my pets need.
wheezysue
wheezysue
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Seamus (shay-mus)
Dog(s) Ages : 6yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Dog
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Looking for a good raincoat for my boy Empty Re: Looking for a good raincoat for my boy

Post by Kathy Wed Nov 21 2012, 21:06

It just so happens that I was looking into these this afternoon. Found this one at Zooplus too, may well go for this one:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_clothing/waterproof/53754
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Looking for a good raincoat for my boy Empty Re: Looking for a good raincoat for my boy

Post by janey Wed Nov 21 2012, 21:17

I have a dog rug by Rambo Horsewear, its practical, waterproof, drys quickly, easy to clean and lasted 3 years Xx

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rambo+horsewear+dog+rugs&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Last edited by janey on Wed Nov 21 2012, 21:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link!)
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 21 2012, 21:24

I've just ordered 2 of these for ours waiting for them to arrive , saw the quality in our local pet shop and looks good, checked out reviews and the bad ones all say (from other breed owners) that great coat but too big round chest which is perfect for us so fingers crossed

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Wed Nov 21 2012, 23:18

I've been looking for one too but I want one which is waterproof but with fleece/fur inside, anyone have any suggestions?
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 22 2012, 18:53

goldie87 wrote:I've been looking for one too but I want one which is waterproof but with fleece/fur inside, anyone have any suggestions?

These ones I have ordered have a waterproof outside and a removable fleece lining so I think they could do the trick for you

http://www.danish-design-pet-products.com/dog-coats/2-in-1-dog-coat.htm

Sorry just realised I forgot to put in the link on my post above Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by albie7 Thu Nov 22 2012, 20:09

We went to pets at home and got Deez a nice waterproof, and super snuggly fleece underneath, only £15. Deez seems to like it. :-)
albie7
albie7
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Deez
Dog(s) Ages : Nearly 7
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by wheezysue Thu Nov 22 2012, 22:06

thanks everyone will look at all suggestions, will update if i find a really good one Big Grin
wheezysue
wheezysue

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Seamus (shay-mus)
Dog(s) Ages : 6yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Dog
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Mon Nov 26 2012, 10:34

Dave wrote:
goldie87 wrote:I've been looking for one too but I want one which is waterproof but with fleece/fur inside, anyone have any suggestions?

These ones I have ordered have a waterproof outside and a removable fleece lining so I think they could do the trick for you

http://www.danish-design-pet-products.com/dog-coats/2-in-1-dog-coat.htm

Sorry just realised I forgot to put in the link on my post above Blushing

Cheers Dave, I brought this exact same one, its perfect. Can take the fleece off when it gets warmer too.

Looking for a good raincoat for my boy Images10

For anyone whose interested in it, after looking around for a while, the cheapest I found was:

http://www.oneclickpharmacy.co.uk/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=2+in+1+dog+coat

I got a 22" for Zeus, hes normally a 20" but I got 22" to give him room to grow and also so it doesnt chafe and make his armpits/arms sore.

Don't forget to add discount code: OCPFREEDEL, for free delivery!
goldie87
goldie87

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Mon Nov 26 2012, 12:40

The above coat is the same as we use but it came without the fleece. It's water proof and warm and miley loves it
Mark
Mark

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Fri Nov 30 2012, 18:19

Got an 18"/45cm length coat for Sausage from Danish Design - fits well and is waterproof and warm.

Looking for a good raincoat for my boy Dscf1710
Keith
Keith

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Nov 30 2012, 18:25

I love all these jackets, just bought Moo another 2, and they are nicer than the ones I initially recommended Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down