Puppy Colour

Go down

Puppy Colour Empty Puppy Colour

Post by jojobda Mon Nov 19 2012, 17:31

Hi all, im in the process of aquiring a staff pup for christmas, from england. my wife and i both prefer the blue pups. one question is, are there any health conditions particularly with the different colours? also, since i will be buying through a lady who runs a puppy import company, she is very legit, done my research, so no puppy mills etc, would there be advice oon picking a pup, even if im not able to physically pick it out in person? i have told her that i most definately prefer personality over colour. im using her services as there is an enormous ammount of paperwork that she handles for shipping internationally with british airways. i have also seen litter picks from 2 litters that she is currently scouting.

thanks for the input.
jojobda
jojobda
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Puppy Colour Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : Oct. 16 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 40

https://www.facebook.com/jordan.trott.754

Back to top Go down

Puppy Colour Empty Re: Puppy Colour

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 17:36

yes the blue colour can be more prone to skin problems, especially if the parents were blue, so a blue X blue mating.

Also white dogs are more prone to skin complaints and of course more likely to be deaf

Back to top Go down

Post by jojobda Mon Nov 19 2012, 17:42

ella wrote:yes the blue colour can be more prone to skin problems, especially if the parents were blue, so a blue X blue mating.

Also white dogs are more prone to skin complaints and of course more likely to be deaf

They look like they mite be blue with some subtle brindle streaks, giving them a slight dusty look. they also included pictures of the mum and of the 18 m/o big sister, they too are both blue. i will inquire abotu skin issues.
jojobda
jojobda
Puppy Colour Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 17:47

Sorry to be nosey but what is this puppy exporting company called ?

No good breeder that i know of will sell to anybody on behalf of someone else, they want direct contact with the new puppy owners not the middle man/lady.

Back to top Go down

Post by jojobda Mon Nov 19 2012, 18:16

Denise wrote:Sorry to be nosey but what is this puppy exporting company called ?

No good breeder that i know of will sell to anybody on behalf of someone else, they want direct contact with the new puppy owners not the middle man/lady.

I understand what you are saying, but respectfully i do not want to put the company on blast in a public forum. there is not much option for us here as there is 3500 miles of water between us and the UK.
jojobda
jojobda
Puppy Colour Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 18:20

I understand that, and loads of ppl use pet exporting companies all the time. Its just your post ( and maybe i've just read it wrong ) comes across as this lady is going to look for a pup for you, buy it on your behalf and then export it out to you. So the breeder of the pup has no idea who their pup is actually going too.

Back to top Go down

Post by jojobda Mon Nov 19 2012, 18:26

Denise wrote:I understand that, and loads of ppl use pet exporting companies all the time. Its just your post ( and maybe i've just read it wrong ) comes across as this lady is going to look for a pup for you, buy it on your behalf and then export it out to you. So the breeder of the pup has no idea who their pup is actually going too.

I dont know how that end of it works, but we are vetted twice, once by Government officials (background check, employment records, 3 home inspections (one prior to aquisition for regulatory compliance and 2 unannounced post aquisition) aswell as an interview). then there is the second vetting from the company.
jojobda
jojobda
Puppy Colour Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male