Seriously you need to sort your priorities out

3 posters

Go down

Seriously you need to sort your priorities out  Empty Seriously you need to sort your priorities out

Post by Beryltheperil Sun Nov 18 2012, 18:33

I hope for their sakes that Jurno has twisted what they said to make it sound like they are more selfish/clueless about priorities than they truly are

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/nov/18/family-finance-tax-credits-lost

Its the last two paragraphs that get me
He gets free milk and free fruit until he turns five in one month's time. After that, it'll cost us £20 a term for milk and fruit. There's no way we'll be able to afford that. It makes me feel terrible but he tells me he won't eat it. I will have to put a piece of fruit in his lunchbox every day though, and that's going to be expensive. I will have to find something else to cut back on, although I don't know what.

We've cut everything else that it's possible to cut: we have one mobile phone between us and have it on the cheapest possible package. We have the most basic Sky TV deal – £24 a month. I would get rid of that entirely if I had to but Tony would have a problem with that, because the sport is important to him. Getting rid of Sky would create problems in our relationship, and that's the last thing we need. Life is already stressed enough."

So you can't afford £20 for you child to have milk and fruit, but you can afford sky tv,

First 2 years of my daughters life I didn't even have a telly, as I selfishly decided to spend it on food and clothing and warmth for her......

Last edited by Beryltheperil on Sun Nov 18 2012, 18:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : :o committed crimes against grammar)
Beryltheperil
Beryltheperil
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Beryl
Dog(s) Ages : 1-3
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Seriously you need to sort your priorities out  Empty Re: Seriously you need to sort your priorities out

Post by Steve Sun Nov 18 2012, 18:41

it does my head in also Rolling Eyes

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Seriously you need to sort your priorities out  Empty Re: Seriously you need to sort your priorities out

Post by Kathy Sun Nov 18 2012, 19:42

Me too, when things are that tight you have to make sacrifices to ensure your child is correctly cared for surely and I dont see sky TV being a priority.

They receive £24,500 a year, when in my last job I was paid £14,000 per year and I had the rent and council tax to pay all the household bills and run a car so I could get to work. I did not receive any help from tax credits or anything like that.

Hy hubby and me dont have any children because we cannot afford any. Why get pregnant again when in a situation like that. It's just foolish. You do not have a family if you cannot afford one.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18 2012, 19:45

Crap parenting. What hope is there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 17:37

Sport is the most important thing to him and they don't want problems in their relationship. Well isn't that lovely?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19 2012, 17:39

Really? doh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down