Jackieb
EmLou28
Kathy
janey
tara21311
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where did you get you,re puppy/dog from - Page 2 Empty Where did you get you,re puppy/dog from

Post by tara21311 Mon Nov 12 2012, 19:02

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys

Where did you all get you,re dogs from ie breeder, local paper, friend, gumtree etc and also what to look for in a dog to ensure its a full staff if buying from say gumtree? what tips would you give to someone buying a puppy?

Cheers
tara21311
tara21311
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : tara
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Where did you get you,re puppy/dog from - Page 2 Empty Re: Where did you get you,re puppy/dog from

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14 2012, 20:38

Chiara wrote:Some people do breed for money. You just have to use your own judgement with whoever you get your pup from. Your Tilly is a little cracker! as long as a dog has a loving home that's all that matters Big Grin

I agree in some respects but heavily disagree in others. Fact is as long as people buy from gumtree etc then there is a market and people will keep providing that market and it is then wide open to the idiots. If the sale of animals was much more regulated these people would not have the outlets , and the naive good breeders that may have advertised there previously will either give up or pay for regulated sites.

EDIT - Thanks for the lovely comment about Tilly she is a little star Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Where did you get you,re puppy/dog from - Page 2 Empty Re: Where did you get you,re puppy/dog from

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14 2012, 20:53

Nosipho wrote:
Caryll wrote:Still think Lackyle Aonread Aineas is a beauty! Fallen in love with him! Love Struck

I know! And they still haven't replied. Might try and find a phone number for him (well his humans!). He's the best dog I've seen for years!
Im a member on a few forums, im sure he's on there, just had a nice win i belive, i'll check for you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14 2012, 21:01

Dave I totally agree with you, all I was saying was that no one is bad for advertising or buying in innocence. Dog breeding and ownership should be regulated. You can't argue Lola has some fine relations in her pedigree lol Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14 2012, 21:14

Chiara wrote:Dave I totally agree with you, all I was saying was that no one is bad for advertising or buying in innocence. Dog breeding and ownership should be regulated. You can't argue Lola has some fine relations in her pedigree lol Laughing

It's definitely a fact Cool but like I said hopefully Lola's breeder would realise there are better places to advertise. Not every breeder can fill there books when they are starting up

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Nov 14 2012, 21:27

I agree that gumtree and the likes should be avoided but even acredited breeders breed for the paypacket lets be honest it would be impossible to find any advert for a free to good home were the home outways the fee. Its so easy to buy a kc registered dog with health tests already done puppies will be clear by birth and breed it to its maximum the better the pedigree the higher the fee. Thats not good breeding either as is breeding unregistered dogs with no healthchecks.
My next dog will probably be a rescue I think no one has right over anyone to be called a good breeder because whats good to someone isnt good to another.
For some its important to have a good pedigree to others have the good genetics I dont agree to the next person what makes a good dog but that doesnt make me right or them wrong. Smile

Last edited by gem on Wed Nov 14 2012, 23:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by dougie Thu Nov 15 2012, 04:26

i don't really know how it works over there but if people are looking for a staffordshire bull terrier, a real one i'd suggest contacting the breed club would be the place to start..
another avenue is to attend a dog show & have a d&m with the staffy people.

& to my second best friend, cayrll, just to keep the record straight,
there no such breed as an english bull terrier, any more than there is an english staffordshire bull terrier.
just thought you might want to know.
that's what friends are for.

dougie
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 06:00

dougie wrote:i don't really know how it works over there but if people are looking for a staffordshire bull terrier, a real one i'd suggest contacting the breed club would be the place to start..

there no such breed as an english bull terrier, any more than there is an english staffordshire bull terrier.

I can do without the sarcasm, thank you. I probably know more about the BT than you will ever know. Over here, people have started to call the BT the English BT because of the general public's confusion with th APBT. Not the looks, but the name. I have no idea where you're from, but you obviously don't have BSL there in the way we do here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 06:05

gem wrote:
I think no one has right over anyone to be called a good breeder because whats good to someone isnt good to another.

I'm sorry gem, but that's rubbish. What you're basically saying is that a byb that churns out pups for £s could be classed as a good breeder!

Back to top Go down

Post by dougie Thu Nov 15 2012, 07:25

Caryll wrote:
dougie wrote:i don't really know how it works over there but if people are looking for a staffordshire bull terrier, a real one i'd suggest contacting the breed club would be the place to start..

I can do without the sarcasm, thank you. I probably know more about the BT than you will ever know. Over here, people have started to call the BT the English BT because of the general public's confusion with th APBT. Not the looks, but the name. I have no idea where you're from, but you obviously don't have BSL there in the way we do here.

Sarcasm?, you are princess of sarcasm. Reap what you sow.

& you may well know more about the Bull Terrier than I no dispute there, just as I know a damn sight more about the staffy than you.
so i suppose we are sort of even....expect I don't go to the bully page & show my ignorance.

& as for the Bull Terrier, then you would know that the Bull Terrier, definately not ENGLISH Bull Terrier, was probably the first designer breed registered with the K.C.
& the closest it ever got to a bull was walking down the high street with jimmy Hinks when he stopped at the butchers to buy his sirlion.

Do you also know the staffy people wanted to name their breed "bull terrier" but they were to late, an imposter already had claimed the name. they are still * off about that.

& yes, BSL is a big poblem here, & the most worrisome aspect for bull breeds is the misnaming of breeds to masquarade pitties.
pitties are banned & that has created a thriving blackmarket....of so called "x staffies".
which is why people should always buy registered dogs from a registered breeder.
their papers & matching microchip number is their salvation in the event of a dispute.

dougie

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 07:56

Nosipho wrote:
Caryll wrote:
Nosipho wrote: 'Lackyle Aonread Aineas'

That's one fine looking boy!!! Love Struck

I know! No reply as of yet but fingers are still crossed. praying

I got a phone number for his breeder/owner. How do i get it to you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 08:10

gem wrote:I agree that gumtree and the likes should be avoided but even acredited breeders breed for the paypacket lets be honest it would be impossible to find any advert for a free to good home were the home outways the fee. Its so easy to buy a kc registered dog with health tests already done puppies will be clear by birth and breed it to its maximum the better the pedigree the higher the fee. Thats not good breeding either as is breeding unregistered dogs with no healthchecks.
My next dog will probably be a rescue I think no one has right over anyone to be called a good breeder because whats good to someone isnt good to another.
For some its important to have a good pedigree to others have the good genetics I dont agree to the next person what makes a good dog but that doesnt make me right or them wrong. Smile

Hi Gem, I have to agree with some points, but not all. I personally know a handfull of people that i would class as a good breeder. For instance, only bread 3-4 litters in 15 years, plan and researching dogs in the ped(although that doesnt mean everything), but at least enough thought has gone into their breeding. They also offer a 100% guarentee that they WILL take the dog back at any age, they microchip with the new owners details, but with theirs too, so if the dog did get lost/abandoned they would be able to contact the breeder. Health tests mean alot to me, why doesnt every1 do this. A dog with L2 doesnt have much of a life in some cases, a dog born with PHPV can also have a * life. Kenny is PHPV Affected, im gutted, he's lucky it's mild, he could of been blind. Now im sorry, im no way in saying just because a person as a kc dog and breeds from it, doesnt make them good. A dog owner with a kc dog or mongral, who does the health test, gives support and guarentee's speaks volumes to me. Lets just hope the next poor person who goes to gumtree doesnt walk away with a little staffy with L2 or PHPV or HC or PPSC. Thats a life time of vet bills and worry and heartbreak.
Lets pretend that i bought my self a little kc staffy bitch, she's health tested. I decide to breed her, but dont do my home work, thats where the problem lies. I just thing that ALL breeders, even a "hobby breeder", should be regulated. Because of all the over run rescues, All breeders are being blamed. But how can they all be blamed. This argument will allways be out there. Another bad selling site is called Dragon Driving, now thats a bad place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Nov 15 2012, 09:41

dougie wrote:
Caryll wrote:

Sarcasm?, you are princess of sarcasm. Reap what you sow.

& you may well know more about the Bull Terrier than I no dispute there, just as I know a damn sight more about the staffy than you.
so i suppose we are sort of even....expect I don't go to the bully page & show my ignorance.

& as for the Bull Terrier, then you would know that the Bull Terrier, definately not ENGLISH Bull Terrier, was probably the first designer breed registered with the K.C.
& the closest it ever got to a bull was walking down the high street with jimmy Hinks when he stopped at the butchers to buy his sirlion.

Do you also know the staffy people wanted to name their breed "bull terrier" but they were to late, an imposter already had claimed the name. they are still * off about that.

& yes, BSL is a big poblem here, & the most worrisome aspect for bull breeds is the misnaming of breeds to masquarade pitties.
pitties are banned & that has created a thriving blackmarket....of so called "x staffies".
which is why people should always buy registered dogs from a registered breeder.
their papers & matching microchip number is their salvation in the event of a dispute.

What a load of hyped up crap! Anyone who thinks they know everything and are'nt willing to listen to anyone else's opinions or wisdom still has a lot to learn! Your going on like Caryll was the one who named the breed! And stop talking out your arsse, how can you say that EBT is an incorrect label for a BT when your there calling an SBT a staffy, what is so politically correct about that! If you were really in staffords like you say you are then u would called them by their proper name or you would use the abreviation 'stafford'. Don't come on here and try to belittle people, a healthy debate is always welcome but sarcasm and spite are not nice qualities in a person...
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 12:50

dougie wrote: Sarcasm?, you are princess of sarcasm. Reap what you sow.

When have I been sarcastic to you? Please show me - as far as I know I haven't.

As to the history of each breed, you're talking a load of rubbish - both were created from the Bull & Terrier breeds & neither were ever used for bull baiting which is what you seem to be hinting at. If you think that the Staffordshire Bull Terrier was bred as a Bull baiter, you really need to bone up on your breed history. It was developed after the 'sport' of bull baiting was banned & the owners of the Bull Dogs wanted another sport -ie dog fighting, which needed a different type of dog, one that wasn't undershot & was more agile.....hence the onset of the Stafford and the Bull Terrier.

History lesson over for now - do let me know if you would like another one.

And that is sarcasm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 13:26

Yeah Caryll that is the version I know of Stafford history Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 13:27

The Kennel Club General Code of Ethics

Owners will not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or to cause a nuisance to neighbours or those carrying out official duties.

Owners will ensure that their dogs shall wear properly tagged collars and shall be kept fully leashed or under effective control when away from home.

Owners will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere their dogs are being exhibited.

Owners will agree without reservation that any Veterinary Surgeon performing an operation on any of their dogs which alters the natural conformation of the animal may report such operation to the Kennel Club.

Owners agree not to breed from a bitch in any way which is deleterious to the bitch or the breed.

Owners agree only to sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with the rehoming of a dog if the initial circumstances change.

Owners will provide written details of all dietary requirements and give guidance concerning responsible ownership when placing dogs in a new home.

Owners will not sell any dog to commercial dog wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind.

Owners will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor falsely advertise dogs nor mislead any person regarding the quality of the dog.

Owners will ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when selling or transferring a dog, including a copy of this code.

Back

Last edited by kenny d on Thu Nov 15 2012, 13:34; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Nov 15 2012, 13:29

kenny d wrote:For Dougie
http://www.staffords.co.uk/sbtbc/images/gif.gif

What is it nothing comes up?
Sad
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 13:31

Nothing shows up for me with that link, Kelly. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 13:35

I know, i tryed to post a link to the Breed council's website. It's the history of the stafford, good read Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 13:35

www.thestafford.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 13:36

Wrong link, hang on lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 13:37

http://www.staffords.co.uk/sbtbc/history.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 13:38

Now we're cooking on gas Cool
Also, i posted the KC ethic's, i think if people and breeders kinda followed that, things would be better. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 13:39

Hahaha! Got there in the end! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 13:43

Personally, i'd like to see all breeders, not just KC follow these guidlines
Breeding Restrictions
The Kennel Club will not accept an application to register a litter when:

1) The dam has already whelped 4 litters (as of the 1st January 2012 the limit changed from 6 litters to 4 litters). As of this date the Kennel Club will no longer register any further litters from any bitch which our records show has already whelped 4 litters. Therefore for any litter born on or after the 1st January 2012, the system will automatically check to see how many previous litters the Kennel Club has an account of. Where the number previously recorded is 4 or more, the application will be rejected, or

2) The dam has already reached the age of 8 years at the date of whelping, (relief from this restriction may be considered normally provided an application is made prior to the mating, the proposed dam has previously whelped at least one other registered litter, and the application is supported by veterinary evidence as to the suitability of the bitch involved in the proposed whelping), or

3) The dam was under one year old at the time of mating, or

4) The offspring are the result of any mating between father and daughter, mother and son or brother and sister, save in exceptional circumstances or for scientifically proven welfare reasons, or

5) (From 1st January 2012) The dam has already had two litters delivered by caesarean section, save for scientifically proven welfare reasons and this only normally provided the application is made prior to the mating, or

6) The dam was not resident at a UK address at the date of whelping.

There are further Kennel Club Rules and Regulations that may prevent a litter from being registered; the full Kennel Club Rules and Regulations are contained in the Kennel Club Year Book.

Breed Specific Restrictions
With effect from 05 January 2010, merle puppies whelped from a mating on or after this date will not be registered. This is due to associated health risks of impaired vision and hearing associated with the merle gene in this breed.

With effect from 01 January 2013, the Kennel Club will not register puppies whelped from a merle to merle mating born on or after this date. This is due to associated health risks of impaired vision and hearing associated with the merle gene in this breed.

Assured Breeder Requirements
Kennel Club Assured Breeders must use the following screening schemes and/or advice for sires and dams

BVA/KC/ISDS Eye Scheme
DNA test - HC-HSF4
DNA test - L-2HGA
Kennel Club Assured Breeders are strongly recommended to use the following screening schemes and/or advice for sires and dams

Litter eye screening for PHPV
The list above is not necessarily comprehensive. Breed clubs and experienced breeders are useful sources of information on health issues in the breed. All breeds have a Breed Health Coordinator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 13:54

What i would like to see with the breeders restriction is for it to be regulated Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Thu Nov 15 2012, 17:51

I would like to think when I bred my gsds I was a good breeder both mine were straight backed and had low hip scores ( cant remember the number) all pups were reared in our home with both mum and dad ( mum was 2 dad was18 months for first litter)
All pups had health checks before going to new homes and owners were encouraged to come along for checks
No matter what age we would take them back ( we did with one pup although he was 8yrs old and his son who was 7 yrs old) one we kept the other we rehomed where he is still going strong and loved
Now I realise that this cant always happen but if a lot more breeders did this it would help the rescues no end
At the time chipping was expensive but I think I would love for any pups I have in the future to be chipped with my name and adress on as well that way they would come back if found at a rescue

Now this won't happen overnight but all pups should by law have the breeders name etc as well as the new owners name etc( just my opinion)

I unfortunately had to advertise some of my pups in the local paper but all went to great homes ( even the 1 and son that came back)
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 19:41

Sounds all good to me hun Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:07

Caryll wrote:
gem wrote:
I think no one has right over anyone to be called a good breeder because whats good to someone isnt good to another.

I'm sorry gem, but that's rubbish. What you're basically saying is that a byb that churns out pups for £s could be classed as a good breeder!

Surprised Im not saying that cant beleive you think that of me, I need to justify breeding thats the person I am . I dont beleive that if you have a dog thats kc registered, health checks, champions in the ped that you are a good breeder and someone who has a unregistered dog isnt, it all depends on the homes found for the puppies and the reason why the person decides to have a litter that I think defines a good breeder Big Grin
I never had a litter with my girl even though I tried, at the time I was desperate for a boy and wanted her baby I wanted her to have that experience thought long and hard, my freind was letting me use her lovely lad I had everything covered, fab homes with family and freinds gifting any puppies. I read on here that was a rubbish reason to breed, to me it was the right one some would argue that I was breeding for the wrong reasons though Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:26

kenny d wrote:
gem wrote:I agree that gumtree and the likes should be avoided but even acredited breeders breed for the paypacket lets be honest it would be impossible to find any advert for a free to good home were the home outways the fee. Its so easy to buy a kc registered dog with health tests already done puppies will be clear by birth and breed it to its maximum the better the pedigree the higher the fee. Thats not good breeding either as is breeding unregistered dogs with no healthchecks.

Hi Gem, I have to agree with some points, but not all. I personally know a handfull of people that i would class as a good breeder. For instance, only bread 3-4 litters in 15 years, plan and researching dogs in the ped(although that doesnt mean everything), but at least enough thought has gone into their breeding. They also offer a 100% guarentee that they WILL take the dog back at any age, they microchip with the new owners details, but with theirs too, so if the dog did get lost/abandoned they would be able to contact the breeder. Health tests mean alot to me, why doesnt every1 do this. A dog with L2 doesnt have much of a life in some cases, a dog born with PHPV can also have a * life. Kenny is PHPV Affected, im gutted, he's lucky it's mild, he could of been blind. Now im sorry, im no way in saying just because a person as a kc dog and breeds from it, doesnt make them good. A dog owner with a kc dog or mongral, who does the health test, gives support and guarentee's speaks volumes to me. Lets just hope the next poor person who goes to gumtree doesnt walk away with a little staffy with L2 or PHPV or HC or PPSC. Thats a life time of vet bills and worry and heartbreak.
Lets pretend that i bought my self a little kc staffy bitch, she's health tested. I decide to breed her, but dont do my home work, thats where the problem lies. I just thing that ALL breeders, even a "hobby breeder", should be regulated. Because of all the over run rescues, All breeders are being blamed. But how can they all be blamed. This argument will allways be out there. Another bad selling site is called Dragon Driving, now thats a bad place.

I agree with everything you say Kelly and Im so sorry about Kenny. Health tests were not around when I got my first dog If they had then she would of been tested, she didnt have a very good start in life even though she had a kc reg, puppy pack, 6 weeks insurance I soon realised she was the product of increasing the family income nothing more, no thought had gone into her breeding or welfare and care about her future, for me thats not good breeding and all the paperwork and regulations in the world will not change my mind .
I dont look at the sites Sad and Id never buy a dog from them
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 15 2012, 21:35

gem wrote: Surprised Im not saying that cant beleive you think that of me, I need to justify breeding thats the person I am . I dont beleive that if you have a dog thats kc registered, health checks, champions in the ped that you are a good breeder and someone who has a unregistered dog isnt, it all depends on the homes found for the puppies and the reason why the person decides to have a litter that I think defines a good breeder Big Grin
I never had a litter with my girl even though I tried, at the time I was desperate for a boy and wanted her baby I wanted her to have that experience thought long and hard, my freind was letting me use her lovely lad I had everything covered, fab homes with family and freinds gifting any puppies. I read on here that was a rubbish reason to breed, to me it was the right one some would argue that I was breeding for the wrong reasons though Smile

Gem, I don't think that of you at all! Surprised It's just the way you put it, that's the way it sounded.

You can say that someone is a good breeder or isn't a good breeder. A good breeder will have had all the relevant health checks carried out, will have good forever homes lined up, will be prepared to take back any pup/adult that doesn't work out, won't be breeding just for the £££s in their pockets! Personally I'd say that the pups should be from registered parents & the pups should be registered, but I realise that's no indication, on its own, of well bred, healthy pups!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16 2012, 04:55

Dougie. You are determined to be obnoxious, aren't you?

If you want to start a thread on the history of the Stafford, the Bull Terrier or any other breed, fine, but let's leave your sarcastic & incorrect comments off of this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16 2012, 07:34

gem wrote:
kenny d wrote:

I agree with everything you say Kelly and Im so sorry about Kenny. Health tests were not around when I got my first dog If they had then she would of been tested, she didnt have a very good start in life even though she had a kc reg, puppy pack, 6 weeks insurance I soon realised she was the product of increasing the family income nothing more, no thought had gone into her breeding or welfare and care about her future, for me thats not good breeding and all the paperwork and regulations in the world will not change my mind .
I dont look at the sites Sad and Id never buy a dog from them
Your right Gem, all the champs, KC paper work mean nothing, especally if people take advantage of this "Badge of Honour". If the KC is going to promote "Assured Breeders scheme", it needs to be regulated. The point im trying to make, is there are "responsable" breeders. The KC has allowed for people to get away with far to much already. These bad breeders have ruined it for the good. I do feel the breed (health wise) has improved because of responsable breeding.
While speaking to the AHT regarding phpv, we also started talking about breeding .............The chap said that the KC are taking steps toward regulating breeding, tighting things up and so on, but it will take time. I thought great, but then im thinking this will only push people to not register the litter, sell on these sites and so on. For it all to work, the kc needs to work alongside these selling sites and ban/stop the sale of animals, but if you look at the code of ethic's, your not supposed to anyway. Again, until this stops, i personally cannot see anything changing Sad
We keep on about the KC, they can be good and bad, personally, i think their good, it's greedy people that make it bad, abusing the suggestions they make.
Also, what about breeders of crossbreeds. This needs to be regulated, they need to be held responsable too. They produce litter after litter, with no care or thought. I dont know the answers but I totally agree there needs to be changes.. Big Changes. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Fri Nov 16 2012, 11:28

Caryll wrote:Dougie. You are determined to be obnoxious, aren't you?

If you want to start a thread on the history of the Stafford, the Bull Terrier or any other breed, fine, but let's leave your sarcastic & incorrect comments off of this thread.

Down girl... Think you scared him off! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by peardrop Fri Nov 16 2012, 14:13

I got my little girl from a registered KC breeder, the mum was keep at the end of the garden in a cage with at least four different breeds of dog being bred for money in various cages around the house, and the guys young children treated the puppies as toys. He was not there when we collected the puppy leaving that to his teenage children, it was very obvious that he was only interested in the money, he even said that the toy breeds he had in cages were the best earner. We should have walk away but felt so sorry for the little puppy we went ahead and got her, and she has turn into a very nice dog but she is terrified of young children which is not normal for a staffie.
So KC registered breeders are not always the guarantee of a good breeder.
peardrop
peardrop

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : cookie, crumble, makka, alabama
Dog(s) Ages : 10, 3, 16months and 4 months
Dog Gender(s) : female, female, male, female
Support total : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16 2012, 14:23

peardrop wrote:I got my little girl from a registered KC breeder, the mum was keep at the end of the garden in a cage with at least four different breeds of dog being bred for money in various cages around the house, and the guys young children treated the puppies as toys. He was not there when we collected the puppy leaving that to his teenage children, it was very obvious that he was only interested in the money, he even said that the toy breeds he had in cages were the best earner. We should have walk away but felt so sorry for the little puppy we went ahead and got her, and she has turn into a very nice dog but she is terrified of young children which is not normal for a staffie.

This would not have been a Kennel Club Assured Breeder, but just a puppy farmer who registers the puppies with the KC - two quite different things!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16 2012, 14:49

peardrop wrote:I got my little girl from a registered KC breeder, the mum was keep at the end of the garden in a cage with at least four different breeds of dog being bred for money in various cages around the house, and the guys young children treated the puppies as toys. He was not there when we collected the puppy leaving that to his teenage children, it was very obvious that he was only interested in the money, he even said that the toy breeds he had in cages were the best earner. We should have walk away but felt so sorry for the little puppy we went ahead and got her, and she has turn into a very nice dog but she is terrified of young children which is not normal for a staffie.
Hi Peardrop, your right, but not all KC breeders are like this. This is why if they do regulate breeders there'll be changes. Sooner rather than later i hope Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16 2012, 14:50

Caryll wrote:

This would not have been a Kennel Club Assured Breeder, but just a puppy farmer who registers the puppies with the KC - two quite different things!
Bump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16 2012, 14:51

kenny d wrote:
Caryll wrote:

Bump
I agree Caryll, Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2