Jackieb
EmLou28
Kathy
janey
tara21311
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Where did you get you,re puppy/dog from Empty Where did you get you,re puppy/dog from

Post by tara21311 Mon Nov 12 2012, 19:02

Hi guys

Where did you all get you,re dogs from ie breeder, local paper, friend, gumtree etc and also what to look for in a dog to ensure its a full staff if buying from say gumtree? what tips would you give to someone buying a puppy?

Cheers
tara21311
tara21311
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : tara
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Where did you get you,re puppy/dog from Empty Re: Where did you get you,re puppy/dog from

Post by janey Mon Nov 12 2012, 19:06

Moo is rescue, I would advise that you look for a reputable breeder Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Where did you get you,re puppy/dog from Empty Re: Where did you get you,re puppy/dog from

Post by tara21311 Mon Nov 12 2012, 19:25

Yeah im on the hunt for another dog maybe after the year as a companion for my bitch. This time round i want to make sure the dog is full staff not saying mine isn't but not sure. where can i find breeders? only good one ive found is champdogs.
tara21311
tara21311

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Nov 12 2012, 19:29

Rocky is from a rescue centre and if I ever have another dog so will that be.

Try the Kennel Club for reputable breeders:

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12 2012, 20:49

I would never, ever, ever get a pup (or adult dog) from gumtree! I hate that place!

If you want a registered pup from a reputable breeder, you need to ask around. Firstly, get in touch with the kennel club & they'll give you a list of Assured Breeders of Staffords. That doesn't mean that they'll definitely have pups for you, or even that the pups will be really good ones (from a pedigree point of view), but they should be well looked after & healthy!

If you know what you're looking for you can also go on champdogs, but you will still have to do your research - make sure the parents are tested for all the hereditary illnesses that are present in the breed & check that the litter isn't inbred.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12 2012, 20:54

As per Caryll (and learnt from experience) no Gumtree, no Pets 4 homes etc all none regulated sites that are a haven for BYB. Think it was an ad from Pets4homes we got Tilly from but she's a little star and we were lucky , though she has no papers. Anyway lesson learnt and Tommy was found on Champdogs. But you must always do your research , check for line breeding etc, health checks.
If you find a pup then you can't do any worse than coming back here and asking our advice , it's all part of the service Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by tara21311 Mon Nov 12 2012, 21:20

How would you know if the litter was inbred?
tara21311
tara21311

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12 2012, 21:25

Enter KC name of parents here individually

http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/services/public/mateselect/inbreed/Default.aspx?breed=3080

Back to top Go down

Post by tara21311 Mon Nov 12 2012, 21:47

Great info
cheers
tara21311
tara21311

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by EmLou28 Mon Nov 12 2012, 21:53

We got Maggie from the RSPCA and best thing we ever did Smile definately stay clear of gumtree, I was doing some searches online for something or other and came across a blog by a guy called Martin Usbourne called A Year To Help. He's trying to help as many animals as he can within a year. Anyway one of the blogs was about an ad he had seen on gumtree about staffy pups for sale it explains everything in his blog, but long story short he went along and the pups were tiny and sick looking Sad He ended up buying both of them for £40 each, £40 I tell no lie!!!! and whisked them off to the vet staight away. They turned out to be far to young to be away from mum in the first place and the smaller one was under weight and blind and the vet wasnt even sure it was a staffy pup in the first place Sad In the end sadly it was kinder to have the pup put to sleep then carry on with its poor life Sad The other pup was given a clean bill of health, however sadly a few weeks later it had contracted parvo and also died Sad It was soo sad to read those poor little pups, so I personally would steer clear of any free ads selling puppys and would definately stick with either a rescue or a repetuable breeder like the others have said. Sorry for the long gumtree explanation but it did upset me, especially as you feel so sorry for the little puppies. I so wanted them to be ok but if people keep buying them from places like gumtree we will carry on with having problems like these Sad
EmLou28
EmLou28
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Maggie- May
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12 2012, 22:02

Nice post Emma Lou , certainly adds fuel to the fire Straight Face

Back to top Go down

Post by EmLou28 Mon Nov 12 2012, 22:10

Thanks Dave, people definatley need to know what they are getting themselves into when they buy from places like gumtree. There should be more restrictions and control over these things. Those poor puppies those I did feel so sorry for them, the outcome of it all was horrible Sad
EmLou28
EmLou28

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maggie- May
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Mon Nov 12 2012, 22:27

I got Diesel from a breeder in Essex and Tank came from a breeder in Kent x both good breeders. X
When it comes to breeders ask them twice as many questions they ask u !
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Mon Nov 12 2012, 22:42

Honestly? This time last year i was dating a tart whos ex bf had bread a staff with a collie. To cut a long story short i ended up knockin at a guys door at 11pm rescuing puppies and then driving them 125 miles next day to the guy. He offerd me a pup for my effort (nearly got sfabbed by a shaved silver back) i refused as i didnt want a dog again but the few hours id had with them played on my mind... A freind told me about husky cross staff litter and i went to see em. The guy was amazing...grilled me for an hour and made me promise to keep in touch . While this was going on marley crawled onto me and fell asleep...that was the time i knew he was mine...the rest as they say is history
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue Nov 13 2012, 10:52

We might have another litter in about 6 months time. (Still desperate for that boy!). We are going to see how the pups grow up but might do a repeat mating with Kali-mist's sire (Maxsta Hot Shot) also like the look of 'Lackyle Aonread Aineas' and 'Chapmeek adrenaline junkie'. Let me know if you want me to add you to the list though its not a definate yet! And won't be till next spring/summer
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 10:58

Nosipho wrote: 'Lackyle Aonread Aineas'

That's one fine looking boy!!! Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Tue Nov 13 2012, 11:15

We got Debo from the breeder. Mum is KC registered,dad not,so Debo is not registered. We've seen mum,the cuttiest dog ever, dad-only on the picture( ? ),so we can't be sure that DEbo is Staffy,but wouldn't change him for anything. The breeder's dog was around the kids so that makes him a perfect guy. He said that the puppies gonna be held by their kids so they can't get used to people and kids. When my OH showed up to pick up DEbo,they said they were never hold by the kids. No big deal. Still think they did good job with puppies,vet checks,micro chip,insurance etc.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 11:21

I've had Border Collies, Tervuerens, GSDs (and a cross), a Staff and an EBT.

The only ones I did no reasearch on was the first collie & the GSD cross! Blushing After that I searched for what I wanted until I found a breeder that was producing what I wanted. Big Grin Bandit (Stafford) was from a breeder that kept all her dogs in the house, they were brought up around children (she had 4 of them, 2 were very young) and they were handled from early on. Dempsey was from a breeder who was recommended to me by a breeder I was on a puppy list with! He was raised with children although they were a little older.

I've always made sure that the pups I've had have been healthy & from healthy stock, and Dempsey's parents were fully health tested for hereditary problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue Nov 13 2012, 12:23

Caryll wrote:
Nosipho wrote: 'Lackyle Aonread Aineas'

That's one fine looking boy!!! Love Struck

I know! No reply as of yet but fingers are still crossed. praying
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Tue Nov 13 2012, 12:40

I came across the breeder I eventually got Bacchus from, on Champdogs.

It's handy for finding local breeders and his breeder turned out to be only 3 miles away, which is great for follow ups etc. and she does love to meet Bacchus from time to time and has even taken him over-night for us.
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 12:58

reuben wrote:
and has even taken him over-night for us.

Who wouldn't? Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by tara21311 Tue Nov 13 2012, 20:53

The way i see it i got my first staffy from gumtree and she has a great life if i hadn't got her she probably have went to some ned that would have bred the life out her. So my point is gumtree is like rescuing from a center only the dog avoids being put in one. Its not the free ads that are to blame its irresponsible owners. This breed is so unlucky to be popular with idiots that sit on the dole looking to make money from poor dogs rather than get off there * and work.
tara21311
tara21311

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 21:17

tara21311 wrote:The way i see it i got my first staffy from gumtree and she has a great life if i hadn't got her she probably have went to some ned that would have bred the life out her. So my point is gumtree is like rescuing from a center only the dog avoids being put in one. Its not the free ads that are to blame its irresponsible owners. This breed is so unlucky to be popular with idiots that sit on the dole looking to make money from poor dogs rather than get off there * and work.

Sorry but this is not the place to debate it HOWEVER Gumtree is nothing like a rescue, generally (and it would be unfair to say all) people selling on there are just in it for the sale , no concern of who or maybe what they are selling too and if a person like yourself or some others come along then the pup / dog is very lucky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 21:20

The free ads are to blame. If there was no puppy (or any live animal) selling on sites like gumtree, the b*stard bybs would have fewer places to sell their puppy mill pups and so wouldn't breed so many!

Also, it's a get-out for people who have gotten fed up with the cute puppy that's suddenlt become a teenager so they put a free ad on gumtree & sell their dog (quite often a bitch) as a breeding machine.

Back to top Go down

Post by tara21311 Tue Nov 13 2012, 21:46

I thought forums were for debating? I never said gumtree was like a rescue center i said its like rescuing from a center as in you're rescuing the dog from the people only out to make cash. If free ads are to blame then so are the likes of champdogs IMO
tara21311
tara21311

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 21:54

I would like to see the online selling of live animals completely stopped, no matter what the site!

(At least champdogs tends to have adverts from proper breeders who health check their breeding stock.)

Back to top Go down

Post by tara21311 Tue Nov 13 2012, 22:01

They still breed as they can get a sale just like the neds on gumtre?
tara21311
tara21311

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 22:05

tara21311 wrote:They still breed as they can get a sale just like the neds on gumtre?

Repsonsible breeders are bringing healthy pups into the world , will have contracts with their buyers to take pups back etc if things don't work out and generally check things out further. Most will have a waiting list before the mating and not just knock a few out and then reduce for quick sale , talk people into taking pups at 5 and 6 weeks etc

Back to top Go down

Post by tara21311 Tue Nov 13 2012, 22:17

Its still adding to an overstocked breed.
tara21311
tara21311

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 22:19

tara21311 wrote:Its still adding to an overstocked breed.

so whats your solution ??

Back to top Go down

Post by mickgill Tue Nov 13 2012, 22:19

Got Duke from an advert on pre loved , we were allowed to visit and choose the pup we wanted, both parents live at the owners home , the Father had papers the mother is a rescue and didn't, we are over the moon with Duke and on walks have had many compliments from people on how good he looks Smile , comments such as proper Staffy he is make us smile , we paid about half or less that we would for a Staff with papers .

I guess it's hit and miss on free sites our friends bought what they thought was a Blue Staff last year, it's now a brown brindle and very leggy indeed there is no way it's a full Staff mind you they paid £100 so i suppose at that price you can't go back and argue ? , it's up to people how much they want to pay and if they want to take a risk with the free adds sites .
mickgill
mickgill

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 222

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 22:27

This forum will not support back yard breeding , full stop !!

Unless there was a very good reason Mick the fact that the mother was a rescue points to some irregularities as just about all if not definitely 100% neuter before adoption or insist on it as part of the adoption process (depending on the dogs age etc) so what was their excuse. Like you I bought Tilly from a similar kind of background though both parents were family pets with no rescue background (or at least to my knowledge) however after seeing all the stuff on here and studying the plight of the breed we saw the light. The money never came into it and you will find with a really good breeder unless we are talking show stock they will not charge any more money regardless of colour. It's the idiots on gumtree etc that conm people charging 800 + for a Blue etc

Back to top Go down

Post by tara21311 Tue Nov 13 2012, 22:48

Yeah mick i agree its a hit or a miss with the free ads but if you know what you're looking for and what you're being told is the truth then its down to you're own judgment. I read somewhere a lady having problems with a champdogs breeder so its not just gumtree. I'm on the lookout for another pup and found a breeder through gumtree whose credentials check out. Parents are KC pups are also registered. People on here are very anti free ads and i see their point but don't tar everyone with the same brush. Its not always an option for people who the love the breed to rescue as most are advertised as not getting on with other dogs or kids so i personally have no other option than to get a pup from someone. the bottom line is their is no solution for this but i see it as if you're a staffy lover no matter where you get a dog from you are rescuing it.
tara21311
tara21311

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 23:13

tara21311 wrote:Yeah mick i agree its a hit or a miss with the free ads but if you know what you're looking for and what you're being told is the truth then its down to you're own judgment. I read somewhere a lady having problems with a champdogs breeder so its not just gumtree. I'm on the lookout for another pup and found a breeder through gumtree whose credentials check out. Parents are KC pups are also registered. People on here are very anti free ads and i see their point but don't tar everyone with the same brush. Its not always an option for people who the love the breed to rescue as most are advertised as not getting on with other dogs or kids so i personally have no other option than to get a pup from someone. the bottom line is their is no solution for this but i see it as if you're a staffy lover no matter where you get a dog from you are rescuing it.

I'm not saying everyone on free ads is dodgy but the majority are fleecing people or naively breeding unhealthy , untested pups and adding to the problems. I would tend to be very suspicious why a Breeder of KC registered dogs has to use free ads to get the pups homes. All we can do is advise you exercise caution and check that all the health tests are done as they should be before a mating takes place , just because the dogs are KC registered doesn't neccessarily mean they are fit for breeding

Back to top Go down

Post by tara21311 Tue Nov 13 2012, 23:35

Well i phoned the kennel club and they confirmed her details so no im not suspicious at all. What would you suggest? i get a rescue dog that doesn't get on with my dog or kids that no one has got a clue of the background of?
Now youre acting like KC means nothing? make youre mind up m8. Are your dogs fit and healthy do you know that for a fact?
tara21311
tara21311

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14 2012, 09:09

Nobody's acting like the Kennel Club means nothing, but we're all (well, most of us) very suspicious of gumtree. Just one example fairly recently:-

You may or may not know that the KC will not register any merle pups (quite rightly). Not very long ago there was an advert on gumtree for KC registered pups for sale - two of the pups were blue merles. There was no question as to whether they were or not - it was obvious from the photos. I phoned the 'breeder' who pretended to not know about the merle rule, but said that yes, he knew the pups were merle but he'd registered them as blue. Lies. If whoever bought those pups ever wanted to show or breed from them he'd be disappointed! The KC would have cancelled the registration .

Another example:-

A 'breeder' had a litter from his 'pet' bitch - no papers, but definitely full staff. His 'pet' bitch had had 5 previous litters & she was only 4 years old. Turned out that this poor girl was a cross breed from a rescue centre that had given him the money to get her spayed & he never did.

Another example:-

Two GSD sisters bred from a father-daughter mating were then bred back to the father & offered for sale as registered! The two bitches had litters totalling 9 pups - 5 died shortly after birth of congenital deformation. I only know what happened to one of the other pups - a friend on another forum bought her & she had so many health problems that she was given sleep at 18 months old. The papers & registration details she had been given were false.

I could go on.

No, not all dogs being sold on gumtree are bad or in poor health, but many of them are! If you are a serious breeder (even a one off litter) you make sure that all health checks are in place for hereditary problems (very few on gumtree have these in place) for both dog & bitch, and you pay to advertise on a proper dog-related site where you know you can trace pedigrees & get back to people you bought from.

Why do people use gumtree? Because it's free & they can therefore make more £££££s from the sale of the pups.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14 2012, 09:13

tara21311 wrote: I never said gumtree was like a rescue center i said its like rescuing from a center as in you're rescuing the dog from the people only out to make cash.

And therefore giving them the cash they want to breed more of them!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Nov 14 2012, 09:47

tara21311 wrote:Well i phoned the kennel club and they confirmed her details so no im not suspicious at all. What would you suggest? i get a rescue dog that doesn't get on with my dog or kids that no one has got a clue of the background of?
Now youre acting like KC means nothing? make youre mind up m8. Are your dogs fit and healthy do you know that for a fact?

You can only health test for certain genetic issues, but surely its better to know that your dogs are free from these illnesses. (http://www.sbtcwa.com.au/hereditary.html). You can never know for a fact if your dog is/will remain healthy but its a start.

The KC does mean something if you want to show or breed from your dog since (even if sometimes loosely) it is regulated. At the end of the day your going to do what you want regardless of what we say! But its true, as of with anything if the demand isn't there then BYB won't rush to meet the supply.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Nov 14 2012, 09:54

tara21311 wrote:I'm on the lookout for another pup and found a breeder through gumtree whose credentials check out. Parents are KC pups are also registered. People on here are very anti free ads and i see their point but don't tar everyone with the same brush..

I don't know any good stafford breeders who know the breed and have experience/good stock who would advertise on gumtree, trade-it, friday-ad etc.
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14 2012, 10:11

Nosipho wrote:We might have another litter in about 6 months time. (Still desperate for that boy!). We are going to see how the pups grow up but might do a repeat mating with Kali-mist's sire (Maxsta Hot Shot) also like the look of 'Lackyle Aonread Aineas' and 'Chapmeek adrenaline junkie'. Let me know if you want me to add you to the list though its not a definate yet! And won't be till next spring/summer

Check out "Money's Too Tight", Met this hansome boy at a show, he toke his RCC, very nice dog Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14 2012, 10:21

tara21311 wrote:Its still adding to an overstocked breed.
A GOOD BREEDER
, A good breeder will plan ahead, do relevant health tests, vet you and your home, will want regular updates and photo's, would want you to get in touch if things didnt work out.

BACKYARD BREEDER
Will breed his bitch when ever she comes into season, they wont care about health tests, they'll avoid all contact from you if things get tough.
I got into a row regarding breeding a few weeks ago. Yes, staffy's along with other breeds are over bread. Breeding should be regulated, Im all up for a breeder that will do all thats best for his chosen breed. Stopping breeding will never happen, regulating ALL breeders, not just KC assured, but joe bloggs who sell his litters on gum tree too. The idea of going to a good breeder is that you would then know your puppy is healthy.
I agree things need to change, and 1 way of helping is to NOT by from gumtree

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Nov 14 2012, 11:25

kenny d wrote:
Nosipho wrote:We might have another litter in about 6 months time. (Still desperate for that boy!). We are going to see how the pups grow up but might do a repeat mating with Kali-mist's sire (Maxsta Hot Shot) also like the look of 'Lackyle Aonread Aineas' and 'Chapmeek adrenaline junkie'. Let me know if you want me to add you to the list though its not a definate yet! And won't be till next spring/summer

Check out "Money's Too Tight", Met this hansome boy at a show, he toke his RCC, very nice dog Smile

He is a lovely looking dog, quite heavy though would have to check his measurements as Tali is quite a petite little thing so wouldn't want to risk any problems during the whelping. His Sire is a beaut, I was thinking about using him on some years ago. Just need to think of the direction I'm taking really at the moment, I like the more athletic type staffords which aren't too heavy but not too terrier type either. Such a massive decision thats why i'm starting to think about it now. This will be Tali's last litter, we were only going to have the one but she's had such cracking pups and gone back into shape so quickly (plus we still want a boy!)...
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Nov 14 2012, 11:28

He does have a very nice front though, oops there i go hijacking this thread! Sorry everyone day dreaming
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14 2012, 11:29

Still think Lackyle Aonread Aineas is a beauty! Fallen in love with him! Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Nov 14 2012, 11:34

Caryll wrote:Still think Lackyle Aonread Aineas is a beauty! Fallen in love with him! Love Struck

I know! And they still haven't replied. Might try and find a phone number for him (well his humans!). He's the best dog I've seen for years!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14 2012, 19:21

tara21311 wrote:Well i phoned the kennel club and they confirmed her details so no im not suspicious at all. What would you suggest? i get a rescue dog that doesn't get on with my dog or kids that no one has got a clue of the background of?

If you read my first post you will see I can only answer on what facts I have . Tilly is unpapered , I bought her from what was essentially a BYB though from what I've seen on here certainly not the worst in the world. I saw mum and dad (or what I was told was dad ) I have absolutely no health records and sincerely hope I have a problem free life for Tilly Love Struck . I was really really uneducated about Staffs and this forum turned me
Tommy is from a relatively new into the game breeder (was just their 2nd litter) and they have had staffs for 20years, they own both parents and have full registrations , health check certs etc . This doesn't guarantee Tommy will be problem free , but it is the best or closest guarantee I will ever get in life, and I have the satisfaction that I haven't put cash into another BYB's pocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14 2012, 20:00

I bought Lily from a breeder. Lola I got from Blushing Gumtree Someone I know said that it was a bad place so I had a look and saw Lola who incidently was registered with KC and has an excellent pedigree. I have since realised what a dodgy place it can be. I think it is wrong but if someone good gets a dog from there and gives it a good home then well done. i did see something on there from someone who had got a shi tzu and it had parvo and died. I hate when I see on Gumtree that a dog needs a home due to someone having no time for it. Why get a dog in the first place? A recommended breeder or a rescue is the best place to get a pup, the more questions about you and what you can provide for the pup the better the breeder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14 2012, 20:20

My Lola might be from Gumtree but I have kept in touch with the breeder ( it was her first time breeding). I have pics of her family and also have met up with her Mum Star and brother Buster. I'm not applauding Gumtree by any means just saying like Tara's owner some dogs have got a cracking home through it Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14 2012, 20:25

Chiara wrote:My Lola might be from Gumtree but I have kept in touch with the breeder ( it was her first time breeding). I have pics of her family and also have met up with her Mum Star and brother Buster. I'm not applauding Gumtree by any means just saying like Tara's owner some dogs have got a cracking home through it Big Grin

When we got Tilly the "breeder" was on holiday and her mum was looking after the pups. When she came back she sent me a hand written pedigree (nice thought but of no real value) and asked us to keep in touch and send a few pics which we did, never heard anything more back until over a year later she contacted me out of the blue asking how Tilly was and then just casually mentioned she was having another litter, I replied with a few sarcastic comments about back yard breeding etc and that was the end of that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14 2012, 20:34

Some people do breed for money. You just have to use your own judgement with whoever you get your pup from. Your Tilly is a little cracker! as long as a dog has a loving home that's all that matters Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next