Dogs ripped out claws in fear of fireworks (image warning)

4 posters

Go down

Dogs ripped out claws in fear of fireworks (image warning) Empty Dogs ripped out claws in fear of fireworks (image warning)

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08 2012, 10:23

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2012-11-08/dogs-ripped-out-claws-in-fear-of-fireworks/

Back to top Go down

Dogs ripped out claws in fear of fireworks (image warning) Empty Re: Dogs ripped out claws in fear of fireworks (image warning)

Post by janey Thu Nov 08 2012, 10:25

Thats so sad Crying or Very sad
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Dogs ripped out claws in fear of fireworks (image warning) Empty Re: Dogs ripped out claws in fear of fireworks (image warning)

Post by PygmyParrot Thu Nov 08 2012, 10:25

Crying or Very sad

That is shocking, when will they ban the bloody things!!!!
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08 2012, 10:51

People often don't stop to consider things like that. Poor dogs Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Nov 08 2012, 10:55

OMG that is just horrendous I hope the noisy bloody things get banned all together.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08 2012, 11:01

Surprised That's terrible Crying or Very sad I have read a lot on here with fireworks problems, it must be awful, we haven't had firecracker night since the 90's thankfully.. They are now illegal to buy without a permit and allowed by pyrotechnicians at special events

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08 2012, 11:02

I haven't looked at the link. Crying or Very sad

I'd like to see the sale of fireworks banned completely - maybe allow organised displays on nearest saturday night to the 5th November & New Years Eve, and that's it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08 2012, 11:02

Kat75 wrote: Surprised That's terrible Crying or Very sad I have read a lot on here with fireworks problems, it must be awful, we haven't had firecracker night since the 90's thankfully.. They are now illegal to buy without a permit and allowed by pyrotechnicians at special events

That's what we need here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08 2012, 11:07

Caryll wrote:
Kat75 wrote: Surprised That's terrible Crying or Very sad I have read a lot on here with fireworks problems, it must be awful, we haven't had firecracker night since the 90's thankfully.. They are now illegal to buy without a permit and allowed by pyrotechnicians at special events

They were banned here after a spate of accidents with people doing stupid stuff with them, losing hands, facial burns etc.. I grew up across the road from a 5 acre parkland and I remember on bonfire night mum used to pack us and the dog and cat up and we would go to nannas for the night.. They would let the stupid things off all night..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08 2012, 11:24

I so hate them!

As a kid I liked them, but I've since had three dogs scared of fireworks & that's made me so anti-fireworks now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Nov 08 2012, 11:57

I used to like them too, but after seeing and hearing how our dogs have reacted to them I would gladly see them banned.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08 2012, 12:51

Kat75 wrote:
Caryll wrote:

They were banned here after a spate of accidents with people doing stupid stuff with them, losing hands, facial burns etc.. I grew up across the road from a 5 acre parkland and I remember on bonfire night mum used to pack us and the dog and cat up and we would go to nannas for the night.. They would let the stupid things off all night..

and what do they do here relax the law to allow retailers to sell all year round angry
just glad they chose not to and left it to bonty night and newyears

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 08 2012, 20:36

Sad those poor dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Fri Nov 09 2012, 17:55

Crying or Very sad thats such a shame
Diesel was fine with all the fireworks so guess i kinda forgot how much it can affect some dogs,
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel + Leroy
Dog(s) Ages : 17mnths - bout 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ male
Support total : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 09 2012, 20:04

poor little dogs Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down