Lilly has turned into Vicky Pollard

4 posters

Go down

Lilly has turned into Vicky Pollard Empty Lilly has turned into Vicky Pollard

Post by Pollyanna Thu Nov 01 2012, 19:01

Hi, hope everyone is well and haven't been on the forum for a while. As you probably guessed I am on it now as I need advice. Lilly is becoming really stroppy, pulls on the lead, wont sit at the kerb when we go out, keeps taking the bedding off her bed and the latest trick is not eating her dinner. She has not had anything since Tuesday teatime. I don't believe she isn't hungry and she hovers around me when I cook our dinner. I can usually have her in the same room if we eat off a tray but not now, she's making a real pest of herself. I have read on this forum that the dog will not go hungry. I don't know what to do as its the same dinner, we keep putting it in the fridge and getting it out again, it keeps for 3 days anyway. Its Nature Diet - she doesn't eat kibble - so its a decent food. Do I keep persistng or do I try to give her something else. She isn't ill by the way, she's showing no signs of anything being wrong. As usual, grateful for all welcome advice. confused
Pollyanna
Pollyanna
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Lilly has turned into Vicky Pollard Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Lily
Dog(s) Ages : 2?
Dog Gender(s) : Girlie
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Lilly has turned into Vicky Pollard Empty Re: Lilly has turned into Vicky Pollard

Post by janey Thu Nov 01 2012, 19:09

As much as its wastefull I would give her a new dinner every time, and yes persist with it Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Lilly has turned into Vicky Pollard Empty Re: Lilly has turned into Vicky Pollard

Post by StuW Thu Nov 01 2012, 19:13

Since its Nature Diet, if she doesn't eat in the morning, I'd cover it and put it in the fridge till tea time, then repeat the next day then if she still doesn't eat then I'd put out new stuff! I know Bailey wouldn't eat if it was the chicken flavour as sometimes it smelt pretty rank!
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey, Sierra
Dog(s) Ages : 8th Sep 2011, 12th Sept 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Thu Nov 01 2012, 19:19

A couple of weeks into us having Dexter he began being a bit of a pest at teatime, in a similar way. We taught him "out" to get him to leave the lounge himself because shutting him out seemed to make him worse whereas having a command for it seemed to make him happier. He now lies on the mat by the front door while we eat (occasionally poking his head in to make sure we all still know he's there Wink ) I agree with what's been said that if you put the food into the fridge then try again, we put a bit of warm water and the tiniest smidgen of organic gluten and yeast free stock onto Dex's wainwrights as this had him wolfing it again when he started being mister fussy. We were about to start trying other foods though, if that hadn't worked cos I guess you just have to keep cracking away at it. They do love to try those boundaries! Smile

Last edited by PygmyParrot on Thu Nov 01 2012, 19:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : put out instead of eat)
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Thu Nov 01 2012, 19:22

p.s with the pulling have you tried stopping dead until she comes back next to you or at least slackens the lead? It's arduous but something we did (and still do if Dex starts to pull which he does every so often) and it did have a huge effect it just takes a lot of stop starting and people looking at you strangely as they go past, but then stuff them Laughing
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Thu Nov 01 2012, 22:25

Thanks for the advise especially about the chicken Nature Diet as that was what it was. I threw it out and gave her a lamb one and she has eaten it.
Pollyanna
Pollyanna
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Lilly has turned into Vicky Pollard Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Lily
Dog(s) Ages : 2?
Dog Gender(s) : Girlie
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down