Adoption Centres

3 posters

Go down

Adoption Centres Empty Adoption Centres

Post by Cornish-Muscle Wed Jan 26 2011, 12:04

It's official, I have to stop looking at the adoption centres around here, there's 17 dogs in just one home who I'd happily scoop up. I can't wait to move into our own place, get decent jobs again then go find Molly a new friend. As much as I'd love to go down the puppy route again, I think I'm going to end up going to the local adoption centres. I'm not up for the professional showing, or breeding, so no need for papers of amazing parents etc etc. So long as Molly gets along with the new addition, that's all that matters, hopefully, this time next year, I'll be able to show everyone some new pictures of another staffy (Or American Bulldog) Fingers crossed.!
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Adoption Centres Empty Re: Adoption Centres

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26 2011, 15:45

I'm the same, I'd have another one today if the hubby would let me. When Charlie's fully mature and neutered, I'm going to rescue a staffy bitch. I'm not bothered about papers or anything either, as long as she is good with my children and she Charlie get on, that's all that matters.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jan 26 2011, 15:55

I'd love to rescue another but don't have the room and couldn't afford one either, when I win the lottery I'll have tons though! Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26 2011, 16:07

I was looking at a couple last month but someone else got them. I will be looking again in the next month. But im the same im always looking at websites RSPCA, Dog Trust and loads of north west ones to see if anything catches my eye.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Wed Jan 26 2011, 18:15

There's only 4 adoption centres down here, only 3 show the dogs available. But that aint gonna stop me looking Tongues
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Wed Jan 26 2011, 20:46

im the same i want another but ill have to wait till i get my own place but think i will go down the adoption route to i couldnt bring myself to get a pup again knowing so many staffy need homes they have just got to get along with kaiser
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornish-Muscle Wed Jan 26 2011, 20:49

youngkaiser wrote:im the same i want another but ill have to wait till i get my own place but think i will go down the adoption route to i couldnt bring myself to get a pup again knowing so many staffy need homes they have just got to get along with kaiser

That's pretty much exactly how I feel, I slightly feel guilty for getting Molly as a puppy instead of going for a rescue, but I wouldn't change her for the world.
Cornish-Muscle
Cornish-Muscle

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 26 2011, 21:04

I agree there... no use resucing a ton of dogs if you cant look after them properly.. I am sure when the time is right you will be all able to go out and rescue the perfect play mate for your current pup/dog..

I am happy with just the one... 2 in a caravan with 3 kids would be a little much for me lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27 2011, 14:01

We rescued our staffie a year ago from the RSPCA in Cornwall and she has really found her way into the heart of the family. It's rather sad but they always have some staffies there in need of a home and I was told that they are often brought down from London because they are easier to re-home in Cornwall. There is less of an image problem down here with staffies I gather.

Occasionally I am tempted to rescue another one but when I think about it for a moment I always decide against it mainly because Bailey is very settled and clearly happy so taking on another dog only risks upsetting the balance. That is before I even consider the extra expenses and responsibilities that come with having more dogs in the house.

For anybody that is looking for a staffie or indeed some other breed, there are plenty of good rescue dogs out there looking for a good home so please consider adopting one if you are in a position to look after it properly. It can be a very positive experience for both owner and dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 27 2011, 14:47

thumbs up couldnt of put it better myself lol x

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down