Steveb
scott
gem
janey
HazelJ
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I just found out there's no such thing as an English staffy - Page 2 Empty I just found out there's no such thing as an English staffy

Post by HazelJ Sat Jan 22 2011, 00:44

First topic message reminder :

I am part of a Staffy page of fb and there is a discussion asking people if they prefer American or English staffies and this is what someone called Julie English just posted There is no such thing as an English staffy. I posted Oh really funny that my dogs Vet must not know anything then.

Bugger me i thought there were English staffies, now i know there's not.
HazelJ
HazelJ
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
I just found out there's no such thing as an English staffy - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

I just found out there's no such thing as an English staffy - Page 2 Empty Re: I just found out there's no such thing as an English staffy

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23 2011, 11:26

As you can see, Crib & Rosa aren't that similar to the staffords of today - they are undershot (you can see that just looking at the pic) which they would have been in those days, and are not as balanced. Plus, they were a lot bigger than staffords.

Back to top Go down

I just found out there's no such thing as an English staffy - Page 2 Empty Re: I just found out there's no such thing as an English staffy

Post by Steve Wed Mar 23 2011, 11:34

Karen and Max wrote:I'm originally from Staffordshire and I'm definately English! I thought the American ones originated from our show dogs. Like someone said the bigger the better for the Americans!

american staffordshire terrier came from american pitbull terrier because AKC wouldn't make the american ptibull terrier a official breed.

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by markeB Wed Mar 23 2011, 18:29

hmmm seems to be censored here..how are post and pages removed here ???guess some cant handle the truth!!!!
smaks of admin abuse to me lol
markeB
markeB
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ellie and Leo
Dog Gender(s) : Ellie bitch leo dog
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Mar 23 2011, 18:32

markeb calm down the topic went miles off-topic, this is about staffy and the american staffy nothing else.

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bkellee Thu Mar 24 2011, 04:27

Steveb wrote:I hear you Stevie B and understand what you mean but there is a separate breed calle American Staffordshire Terrier (with no Bull between Staffordshire and Terrier). It is recognised by the AKC and many other kennel clubs just not here. The main reason for that is that in the UK it is considered the show equivilent of the APBT so it's a no go here with BSL.

I posted above why I think the Americans have Staffordshire in the name. They were once the same breed but as you'd expect the Americans go for bigger is better lol. But we know that's not true Smile

i totally agree with this and im american! i think its for show more because they get these american staffs around up to 140lbs.. but then there is alot of illegal fighting by ppl with money who can breed them to this size and i think its totally sick, but americans do seem to do the bigger is better thing i wish the dogs werent the ones to suffer for our being greed obsessed.. what ive seen as american staff looks like a "pitbull" body trying to be on staffy legs with a staffy head. but i havent seen it all for sure so just what ive seen so far in my own observations with learning the breeds and what not.. my girl is small to be american and looks just like the ones i see from uk mostly but she seems to large to be actually english.. i hv no idea what she is.. shes funny and snorts like a guinea pig, licks like crazy your face and is totally ocd with balls. and the cutest thing i have ever seen!
bkellee
bkellee
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : ponyo asphaltia
Dog Gender(s) : female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 11:18

bkellee wrote:my girl is small to be american and looks just like the ones i see from uk mostly but she seems to large to be actually english.. i hv no idea what she is.. shes funny and snorts like a guinea pig, licks like crazy your face and is totally ocd with balls. and the cutest thing i have ever seen!

The thing is, staffies come in all shapes & sizes! Although the kennel club standard (UK) states height as 14" to 16", they can be a small as 12" and as big as 18" or 19"! Can you post some pics of your girl in the photo gallery?

Back to top Go down

Post by HazelJ Thu Mar 24 2011, 21:58

BlueStaffBlue wrote:
niff wrote:
you could probs get harley a house ,,,, from the council ,,,,,and some sort of benefit before someone actually born in the uk and entitled to it lol

Laughing
To be fair Harley would probably make a better neighbour than most of them and the benifits would be less wasted on him Laughing

LMAO maybe we could after all he had English bloodlines & my GG Grandfather came here from England so i have rights as well.

To get any housing here u have to claim refugee/asylum seeker status then u get a house, centrelink(benefits), pushed to the top of the public hospital waiting list above others who have been waiting 5 years, free private education, a job, plus loads of other things we're not entitled to or have to work our butts off for.

Harley, Mia & I are just saving up to afford the money to get a boat over there then claim asylum lol.
HazelJ
HazelJ
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
I just found out there's no such thing as an English staffy - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Harley, Mia
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by niff Thu Mar 24 2011, 22:57

haddy wrote:I personally dont think the first one looks lurcher like to me.

if you had ever seen a bull x saluki or a bull x deerhound x greyhound i think you would agree that its very lurcher like although its shorter looking , so perhaps more like bull x whippet x greyhound,

i used to work with deerhound x greyhound x collie ,,,, outstanding field dogs , very greyhound like in appearance , and speed , but can turn on a sixpence are inteligent like the collie, enough to anticipate a hare turning and not just chase but cut them off unlike the greyhound , stamina of the deerhound for running down roe
niff
niff

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shady & Dakota
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by bkellee Sat Mar 26 2011, 09:43

Caryll wrote:
bkellee wrote:my girl is small to be american and looks just like the ones i see from uk mostly but she seems to large to be actually english.. i hv no idea what she is.. shes funny and snorts like a guinea pig, licks like crazy your face and is totally ocd with balls. and the cutest thing i have ever seen!
The thing is, staffies come in all shapes & sizes! Although the kennel club standard (UK) states height as 14" to 16", they can be a small as 12" and as big as 18" or 19"! Can you post some pics of your girl in the photo gallery?

yes! i will be attempting this soon, i dont have a photobucket account yet.. but i would love to share and get some feedback about what you guys think of my girl i really didnt know what she was! the shelter stamped her this breed.. yet at my vet the chart on the wall says the staffordshire bull terrier is smaller than her.. the max weight of female is stated as like 37lbs maybe and she is 49-52 lbs yet in no way overweight looking. skinny at the lower weights. so i really wasnt sure about it.. i am in the united states of america so she really could be much of anything. im just glad we found each other, and that it is working adding her to the family. Smile
bkellee
bkellee

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : ponyo asphaltia
Dog Gender(s) : female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26 2011, 10:28

Really looking forward to seeing the pics!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2