What a Walk...

+2
Kathy
janey
6 posters

Go down

What a Walk... Empty What a Walk...

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26 2012, 18:15

Firstly, some advice please. On the way to the field where I take Loki, he ate a bone that was just lying in the street. I tried to get it off him but it was gone before I got to his mouth. Though the good news is that he didn't growl, so no possessiveness anymore it seems. Anyway, I'm going to keep a close eye on him, but I just want to know what kind of things I should look out for in terms of behaviour/symptoms?

Also, here's a fun story for you all. We were out in the field when we heard thunder. Loki got scared, which surprised me cos he's been fine throughout storms at home, but I guess when it's close it's different. Anyway, so I was on my way home when we were hit with what can only be described as the entire Earth's water content raining down upon us. Loki did his best, but the poor guy is a wimp when it's a bit cold/wet, never mind when it's pouring down. He ran and pushed himself right back into some ivy growing on a wall and wouldn't come out. I would have dragged him, but didn't want to make him feel even more scared. So, nice owner that I am, Loki stayed out of the rain while I stood there unsheltered like an idiot watching people with umbrellas walk past Laughing. Eventually we made it home and Loki is still wet because he's scared of the hairdryer (but not the hoover Rolling Eyes). But he's fine now, no longer scared, not cold, just wrapped in an old jacket which he hates more than being wet. Anyway, that was my fun day out, can anyone top that? Big Grin

Back to top Go down

What a Walk... Empty Re: What a Walk...

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26 2012, 20:59

Nope, can't top that! Laughing

Re: the bone - chances are there won't be any problems, especially if it was only a small one. It should disolve in his stomach. Just keep an eye on him for any change in behaviour - listlessness etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Sep 26 2012, 21:53

Moo ate a chicken bone yesterday, keep an eye and Loki will be fine.

As for the walk, been there lol, we where crossing the fields and the heavens opened, proper summer storm, Moo fled into the smallest bush which I also tried to get under, I didn't fit! Had another hours walk to get home looking like I had got of a bath in clothing! The things we do for our dogs Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 26 2012, 21:54

AS long as he is eating and drinking fine it should be okay. Also keep an eye out for blood in his stool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27 2012, 07:44

Thanks everyone Smile. Unfortunately he's eaten another bone. A (cooked) chicken bone stolen from the bin while I was opening the door. Bad enough that he ate it, he almost choked on it. Ugh, the stress is going to drive me mad. So, double-watching now. He seems perfectly happy though, continuing to search the floor for crumbs Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Sep 27 2012, 08:50

Rocky and me were out for a walk one day when it started hailing Crying or Very sad Those little buggers hurt, we had to hide under a treee until it stopped about 10 minutes later. I didn't have a coat on either but a fleece I was soaked to the skin when I got home, well at least my feet were dry.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Thu Sep 27 2012, 11:27

This is going to be a bit of a revelation to you guys, but we've got things called u- m- b- r- e-- l -l- a -s and waterproof jackets with hoods up here in Scotland......no seriously......google it if you don't believe me.

Mind you we DO need them up here. Laughing
reuben
reuben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellytot Thu Sep 27 2012, 12:27

reuben wrote:
This is going to be a bit of a revelation to you guys, but we've got things called u- m- b- r- e-- l -l- a -s and waterproof jackets with hoods up here in Scotland......no seriously......google it if you don't believe me.

In the words of your fellow Scott Billy Connolley, 'there's no such thing as bad weather - just the wrong clothes!'.

Laughing
Jellytot
Jellytot

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ralph
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27 2012, 12:30

Also, here's a fun story for you all. We were out in the field when we heard thunder. Loki got scared, which surprised me cos he's been fine throughout storms at home, but I guess when it's close it's different. Anyway, so I was on my way home when we were hit with what can only be described as the entire Earth's water content raining down upon us. Loki did his best, but the poor guy is a wimp when it's a bit cold/wet, never mind when it's pouring down. He ran and pushed himself right back into some ivy growing on a wall and wouldn't come out. I would have dragged him, but didn't want to make him feel even more scared. So, nice owner that I am, Loki stayed out of the rain while I stood there unsheltered like an idiot watching people with umbrellas walk past Laughing. Eventually we made it home and Loki is still wet because he's scared of the hairdryer (but not the hoover Rolling Eyes). But he's fine now, no longer scared, not cold, just wrapped in an old jacket which he hates more than being wet. Anyway, that was my fun day out, can anyone top that? Big Grin[/quote]

This made me literally Laugh out loud!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27 2012, 12:54

reuben wrote:

It wasn't raining when I went out and the heavy rain/storm came suddenly. Plus, I can't hold a hyperactive dog and an umbrella at the same time, are you mad? I'll fall flat on my face Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by caz64 Thu Sep 27 2012, 13:30

Laughing Laughing Laughing
caz64
caz64

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dusty
Dog(s) Ages : 11 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Thu Sep 27 2012, 13:46

ANattyRat wrote:
reuben wrote:

It wasn't raining when I went out and the heavy rain/storm came suddenly. Plus, I can't hold a hyperactive dog and an umbrella at the same time, are you mad? I'll fall flat on my face Laughing

Never mind falling flat on your face. Think you just saved face. Cool
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by mickgill Thu Sep 27 2012, 14:47

reuben wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
mickgill
mickgill

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months