Bits for Molly!

4 posters

Go down

Bits for Molly!  Empty Bits for Molly!

Post by LeaKyGDan Tue Sep 25 2012, 15:33

It's our first pay day since getting Molly, after she drained us with funds on day one for her chip and boosters, we've been using the collar, food, bowls and lead she came with and a toy that she doesn't like!

We know we want a new collar for her. She has a horrid choker chain that rubs her neck and I'm petrified it will get caught on something so she can only wear it to go out. We want something with no studs (I think they send out the wrong message especially with staffies) but we're unsure on material. Maybe Leather or fabric?

Toys: I was thinking Nylabone because of them being so tough but she seems to like things that like a noise. Is there such thing as a hardwearing squeeky toy? I get the feeling that staffies are a breed that can desqueak a toy in 60 seconds flat!

Lead or harness? She's good on the lead so it's not really about control, I'm thinking more comfort?

And the best bit, training treats. Her training is pretty good, but a bit rusty. She gets confused with down and paw so I'll be telling her to lie down and she'll offer me a paw shake silly What are good, healthy treats for training or for treats at home? I was thinking some marrow bones to keep her occupied and a kong with some stuffing.

What dya think? Is there any essentials (besides food and bowls) that I have missed? What about a bed? Big pillow type or the donut ones?

Thanks Big Grin
LeaKyGDan
LeaKyGDan
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female!
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Bits for Molly!  Empty Re: Bits for Molly!

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25 2012, 18:07

With collars , most people take them off in the house anyway due to the danger , choke chains generally aren't recommended and used incorrectly can damage the neck, we have Ezydog collars for both of ours and also Ezydog harnesses. If you want a tough toy go for a boomer ball , be hard pressed to bust that.
Beds are personal preference , ours have the "donut" type.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeaKyGDan Tue Sep 25 2012, 21:39

We came back with a black chew toy thingy, a rope ball that Molly took a shine to, a Wainrights lead and a nice red leather collar. Over did the treats a bit and baught 3 kinds! Oopps! Gonna get her a bed on the weekend. Didn't see one we liked. Molly likes Pets@home my god it was hard to get around it!
LeaKyGDan
LeaKyGDan

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Sep 25 2012, 22:05

Fun isn't it Big Grin
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 25 2012, 22:26

LeaKyGDan wrote:We came back with a black chew toy thingy, a rope ball that Molly took a shine to, a Wainrights lead and a nice red leather collar. Over did the treats a bit and baught 3 kinds! Oopps! Gonna get her a bed on the weekend. Didn't see one we liked. Molly likes Pets@home my god it was hard to get around it!

We bought a nice 3 peaks bed for Tommy from PAH and it was on offer half price , they did get a range of really bright ones in

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Sep 25 2012, 22:43

Rocky always thinks he's at a buffet when we go in there, just keeps grabbing at stuff, like a kid in a supermarket Laughing
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Wed Sep 26 2012, 07:57

Debo still doesn't have bed-he s;eeps on old pillow Big Grin . But he loves PAH, there is free food on the floor Laughing
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by LeaKyGDan Wed Sep 26 2012, 17:09

She's sleeping on an old double quilt folded over at the moment but I think she deserves her very own doggy bed. Our Carboot sale has a guy who sells some nice ones for good prices and all sizes and varieties so we'll have a look at his on sunday. I liked the mr men ones they had pets at home but they didn't look big enough for her she likes to stretch out Smile
LeaKyGDan
LeaKyGDan

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down