Dragging Bottom

+2
steve76
debtom
6 posters

Go down

Dragging Bottom Empty Dragging Bottom

Post by debtom Fri Sep 21 2012, 10:53

A quick question, Caley in the last few days has more and more started to drag her bottom along the ground.

I have checked her toilet and all is very normal, nothing wiggling around in it, she is due a worming tablet next week and I am sure she did this last month a few days leading up to her worming tablet, once she had her tablet last month it stopped, but she has started again...is this just a coincidence. We also notice that occasional when out walking she keeps snapping towards the back of her, like something is bothering her, she really does not like her harness and she only does this when she has this on, but not all the time.

Any ideas???? She is perfectly happy and healthy otherwise.

Thank You Smile

debtom
debtom
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Dragging Bottom Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Caley
Dog(s) Ages : Born 2 April 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Dragging Bottom Empty Re: Dragging Bottom

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21 2012, 10:56

Could be worms, but could also be anal glands, an itch or she might just like doing it! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by steve76 Fri Sep 21 2012, 10:57

it could be her anal glands, they can get blocked and cause discomfort, i've never experienced this, but someone who knows more about how to deal with it should be along soon
steve76
steve76
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marley
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by caz64 Fri Sep 21 2012, 10:58

Caryll wrote:Could be worms, but could also be anal glands, an itch or she might just like doing it! Big Grin
Our Ellie does this and we were told glands so dont worry Smile
caz64
caz64
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dusty
Dog(s) Ages : 11 months
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21 2012, 10:59

That's one I always leave to the vet! They're paid to do nasty, smelly things like that. And believe me, it's very nasty, smelly & mucky!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Sep 21 2012, 10:59

Maybe want to consider giving the worming tablet early. Are you sure she is having the right amount of tablets for her weight?

Yes could also be her anal glands, if at all concerend a trip to the vet may be called for.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21 2012, 11:04

Caryll wrote:That's one I always leave to the vet! They're paid to do nasty, smelly things like that. And believe me, it's very nasty, smelly & mucky!

That is a very nasty task

Back to top Go down

Post by debtom Fri Sep 21 2012, 11:10

We take her vet everytime she needs worming and they weigh her and give me the correct dosage, we are taking her tonight to be weighed and for another tablet, although they did say I did not need to worm her now for 3 months, it my choice to do it monthly if I want to, she is only going to be 6 months on 2 October confused

She is scheduled for a vet check next Thursday so they are going to check her glands then..her poops are totally normall and she does not have any problems with going that is why I am not sure if its glands as I thought she would have problems. She is eating, playing and sleeping OK, she is extremely lazy, loves her naps, she has always liked licking herself so no change there either Big Grin. She just seems to be doing it a bit more of lately, especially in the mornings..strange dog lol
debtom
debtom
Dragging Bottom Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21 2012, 11:36

Oh charming young lady your skid marking your Mummies lovely clean carpets whistling

I personally think shes abit too young for it to be anal glands, but its worth getting them checked.
Worming you could worm her early, but if shes due to be wormed next week any way wait till then.
It also could mean she has an allergie of some sort, or its as Caryll suggested she enjoys the sensation.

If she spins in a circle then you have a budding ballerina on your hands and shes showing off her pirouettes Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophie-x Fri Sep 21 2012, 16:35

Denise wrote:Oh charming young lady your skid marking your Mummies lovely clean carpets whistling

I personally think shes abit too young for it to be anal glands, but its worth getting them checked.
Worming you could worm her early, but if shes due to be wormed next week any way wait till then.
It also could mean she has an allergie of some sort, or its as Caryll suggested she enjoys the sensation.

If she spins in a circle then you have a budding ballerina on your hands and shes showing off her pirouettes Big Grin

Haha, a screw loose upstairs? I know a boy Staff who does this, jumps around in circles for ages, just too solid to get anywhere near his tail!

Boo "scoots" a lot.. Her poo's are normal and the vet always enjoys checking her glands every time she's in (weird man!). Could always ring them and ask advice? Saves the trip down, as someone above said - could be too young for glands. Blocked or infected glands, I got told I'd know about it if that were the case! Very bad smell, scooting, licking a lot of her bum and also leaving the "gunk" behind on the floor. Gross right? Gotta love our pooches.. Especially when they sit on your lap and scoot down your leg..
Sophie-x
Sophie-x
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Boadicea - Morpheus
Dog(s) Ages : 2 Years - 2 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Female - Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by debtom Fri Sep 21 2012, 16:42

Oh yuck..I have not had the pleasure of Caley scooting down my leg. Sad

well, it is certainly a nope to the bad smell, licking bum loads and leaving gunk behind..all extremely clean in that area. I think I will get her wormed as normal next week and perhaps get the vet to check her glands whilst there.

No point spending more money at the vets when all she is doing is rubbing her bum along the floor and nothing else I guess...and yes she chases her tail all the time as well..maybe she does want to grow up to be ballerina ha ha Laughing

I'm such a worrier, I'm sure I was not this bad when the kids were babies Big Grin
debtom
debtom
Dragging Bottom Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophie-x Fri Sep 21 2012, 17:09

debtom wrote: I'm such a worrier, I'm sure I was not this bad when the kids were babies Big Grin

It's perfectly normal, we all do it Smile Better safe than sorry! Especially with Staff's, when Boo cut her paw open a few weeks ok. She carried on like nothing was wrong, even though there was blood everywhere! Their high pain threshold makes it troublesome to diagnose sometimes Smile
Sophie-x
Sophie-x

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Boadicea - Morpheus
Dog(s) Ages : 2 Years - 2 Months
Dog Gender(s) : Female - Male
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down