+3
goldie87
julespercules
Stuart.D
7 posters

Go down

might make you laugh Empty might make you laugh

Post by Stuart.D Sun Sep 02 2012, 01:54

Ok so i went to the shop the other day to get Shadow some treats because he ran out and there was the guy abt mid to late 40s there .

Any way he has never saw or met Shadow and he see's the treats i got for him and says oh what pup u got then because most pups love them.
The second i said i have a 5 and a half month old staffordshire bull terrier that was it he started trying to give my a lesson in breeds Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes.
Saying things like "Why would you want one of them things for there nasty" and other things like " all they want to do is rip up, kill and seriously injure people and other animals ".
Me not wanting to start any trouble just comes out with ""if you show them love, treat them properly and train them they are awesome friends that will keep you happy all day long even when u have had a bad day" and it soon made him very quiet Smile

I dont know why people think that all staff are bad just because of what they see in the news because every body that meets Shadow in the street fall in love with him and he has even changed one persons mind about the breed that he went and got his own staff and is now taking it to classes and Shadow is only a pupy and he still jumps up people to meet them lol
Stuart.D
Stuart.D
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Shadow
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

might make you laugh Empty Re: might make you laugh

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 03:14

Because the media make them out to be worse than bin laden.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart.D Sun Sep 02 2012, 07:04

Hayley wrote:Because the media make them out to be worse than bin laden.

yh they do Sad
Stuart.D
Stuart.D

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by julespercules Sun Sep 02 2012, 11:13

yeh agreed, you have to have a thick skin to be a staffy owner as you can actually see people with dogs cross the road to avoid you. I had that with my other staff. ive had people shake their heads and say oooh you shouldnt have one of them with kids, you cant trust them. My own mum is disgusted i have a staffy and did say that it wouldnt be allowed in her house. She has since changed her mind and thinks tash as a puppy is cute but she is going to grow up to be a menace and its starting now with the biting/mouthing.

they're definitely marmite dogs
Jules
julespercules
julespercules
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
might make you laugh Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : tash
Dog(s) Ages : 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart.D Thu Sep 06 2012, 01:59

julespercules wrote:yeh agreed, you have to have a thick skin to be a staffy owner as you can actually see people with dogs cross the road to avoid you. I had that with my other staff. ive had people shake their heads and say oooh you shouldnt have one of them with kids, you cant trust them. My own mum is disgusted i have a staffy and did say that it wouldnt be allowed in her house. She has since changed her mind and thinks tash as a puppy is cute but she is going to grow up to be a menace and its starting now with the biting/mouthing.

they're definitely marmite dogs
Jules

that's true love them or hate them lol but i definitely love them as i think we all do on here Big Grin
Stuart.D
Stuart.D

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by goldie87 Thu Sep 06 2012, 09:48

The exact same thing happens to me, when Zeus was younger, everyone wanted to touch him and kept saying how cute he was. Now hes got older, people give us a dirty look and cross the road! The only people that still pay attention to him and say how lovely he is are fellow dog walkers!
goldie87
goldie87
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Zeus
Dog(s) Ages : 12
Support total : 164

Back to top Go down

Post by caz64 Thu Sep 06 2012, 11:24

I think that each time we educate one person to the good things about staffys we are doing a good job so keeping your cool was great. Little and often we will get the idoits trained eventually. Even monkeys became people. Smile
caz64
caz64
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dusty
Dog(s) Ages : 11 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Thu Sep 06 2012, 11:39

I know how you feel, Im always quoting the kennel club's personality description to people. They say, with the human race they are "kindness itself" and "love of children is well known" that usually shuts a few opinionated mouths up Big Grin
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06 2012, 11:40

Education.

Get one person on your side, they'll tell others who will tell others...... Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Sep 06 2012, 13:27

Some people tend to believe all the hype and rubbish they hear and read, "It was in the Sun so it must be true" yeah right. I dont think so, we must try to educate the idiots I guess.

Rocky has also changed some peoples minds while we have been out on walks. One lady gave him a treat the other day and she had been bitten by a Staffy last year while visiting someone home. He is very friendly and enthusiastic about saying Hello to everyone, they must all be licked.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Leicsblondie Thu Sep 06 2012, 13:36

Had this too. People crossing the road, even saying I have an agressive dog to my face when both Daisy and their dog are clearly playing together! One lady even had my daughter in tears after shouting at her saying that she had got a dangerous dog and they shouldnt be allowed to breed etc etc. Best thing was, her dog was off lead and ran up to Daisy growling and barking! Apparently, this was Daisy's fault! I wasn't there at the time but my daughter described the lady to me and I often see her when out walking Daisy. Her dog is always running up to people and other dogs barking... Most other dog walkers are fine, but there's a few that are blinded by what the media says. My skin isn't particularly thick and I do get upset but I know I'm right and they're wrong when I'm sat at home and Daisy is doing something utterly adorable or just plain stupid Wink
Leicsblondie
Leicsblondie
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy Duke
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart.D Mon Sep 10 2012, 19:11

i agree with you all its like some people learn to like them and others just go by what they read in the paper or news

i think its something like a invisible contract all bull breed owners have now days all because of the dog you own people will look at you in disgrace and shame you and your pet while other people will walk over and pet them lol

just makes me sigh every time you hear or see some 1 look down on people and dogs that they dont even know but they wouldn't like it if done the same thing to them and there dogs.

me personally i don't like tiny dog because every one of them i have met has barked and growled at me but i keep it to my self because at the end of the day i know it dont matter what dog you have there's really bad dogs and really good dogs and a bit of both dogs

99.9% of the time its the handler that makes the animal like it not the animal its self Smile
Stuart.D
Stuart.D

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart.D Mon Sep 10 2012, 19:17

I HAVE NEVER had any bull breed bite me or act agreive to me the only time i have been bit by 1 is when i play fight with shadow and thats only playing around best way to decribe a staff is lovley and full of life even when they get old Smile

my dad old staff tazz was full of life and acted like a little puppy right up till he died at 16 and a half years old Smile
Stuart.D
Stuart.D

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content