Any experience of cruciate stabilisation/repair?

3 posters

Go down

Any experience of cruciate stabilisation/repair? Empty Any experience of cruciate stabilisation/repair?

Post by mutz Sat Sep 01 2012, 14:27

Hi all, newbie here and just looking for any experiences of cruciate stabilisation/repair operation?

Roxy, (7yr old bitch) is having one leg done on tues and then her other when she is able to.. Our other staffie Lilah, her sister, had bothrears operated on for luxating patella, the vet says this op will be longer recovery tho so wondered if anyone knows what to expect? Also the success of the op? Apparently the cruciates are nigh on ruined and she has athritis in the knees...

Thanks in advance Smile

mutz
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Any experience of cruciate stabilisation/repair? Empty Re: Any experience of cruciate stabilisation/repair?

Post by Guest Sat Sep 01 2012, 15:30

Hi & welcome.

I've not had any experience myself, but there are a couple of members here who have, so hopefully they'll be on soon.

Back to top Go down

Any experience of cruciate stabilisation/repair? Empty Re: Any experience of cruciate stabilisation/repair?

Post by mutz Sat Sep 01 2012, 16:37

Thank you Smile

mutz

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by mutz Sun Sep 02 2012, 05:47

Thanks a lot mate Smile

mutz

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sun Sep 02 2012, 21:55

My dog Janet tore her crucite ligament & needed an operation to repair it, after the operation it was 3 month of keeping her in a confined area so she couldn't damage it, I made a 5'x5' cage for her to live in, got instructions off the vet on exercise, took 3 months b4 she could come out of thc cage, then strict controlled exercise, vet said she would prob suffer with arthritus when she get's older, all because the first vet I took her to never spotted it, took 3 months of me talling him she wasn't right b4 I went to another vet who spotted it straight away. She has Omega 3 & Cholondarin, tablets every day, she's back to full health now but the 6-8 months after the operation were heart breaking. Good luck.

Cymro

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Janet
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by mutz Mon Sep 03 2012, 09:30

Funny you say that, we took her twice last year and was told rest and not to worry, this time anew vet and arthritis is already in Sad Can't imagine keeping her in a cage, think shed go mad Sad Sounds like a severe op tho? How is she now?

mutz

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Mon Sep 03 2012, 20:11

She's ok now, don't run her as much though as the vet said the other one might get damaged as she tries to compensate for the repaired one.

Cymro

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Janet

Back to top Go down

Post by mutz Tue Sep 04 2012, 17:57

Well she's had her op, complete depletion of the meniscus in the right leg, removed all the damage and stabilised but arthritis is worse than he though. Fingers crosses tho, pick her up in the morning..

mutz

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by bkhuinker Tue Sep 18 2012, 00:32

Hi everyone!
I am new to the forum. My Staffy, Diamond had the TTA surgery earlier this year on her left rear leg and did have to stay off her leg for 8 weeks. She lived in her kennel other than to eat, go potty, and take little walks per the instructions. It is a very involved after care surgery.
Diamond was doing great until Friday when I noticed her right leg limping. I have been putting her back into her kennel for rest and it seems to be helping. The vet kept telling me that usually when they have this type of surgery they need it on both legs. I didn't want to believe him! Poor girl...hopefully her ACL didn't tear and is just sprained.
Even with all the after care and new problems she has benefited from getting this surgery. Even though my pocketbook hasn't! Wink She was just so miserable before it and now she is like a little girl again.
Thanks for listening!
K

bkhuinker

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Blue Diamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down