Should the Government close down Back Yard Breeders

5 posters

Go down

Should the Government close down Back Yard Breeders Empty Should the Government close down Back Yard Breeders

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25 2012, 18:00

So do you think the way forward for the breed is to re - educate people to either rescue or go to a breeder or should we concentrate more on the very poor practice of Back Yard Breeding and making it illegal

Back to top Go down

Should the Government close down Back Yard Breeders Empty Re: Should the Government close down Back Yard Breeders

Post by Steve Sat Aug 25 2012, 18:04

i dont think they can do anything about it's upto site like our to teach people how to spot a back yard breeder

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Should the Government close down Back Yard Breeders Empty Re: Should the Government close down Back Yard Breeders

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25 2012, 18:07

I'm amazed at how naive some people can be at times to keep buying from these low liives, but these people keep on and on and on and it's high time some serious regulations were brought in to increase the pups health checks and stuff like that , maybe force them to be licenced etc.
If someone does it once , and hands up I did as I knew no better , then they should never do it again after coming to forums like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25 2012, 18:11

if only it was possible too do this, but i hope people learn the errors of their ways, gosh the amount of dogs esp staffs n staff crossed in rescues is terrible if only people saw this they would certainly not breed there un tested not kc dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Aug 25 2012, 18:12

it cant be enforce dave like BSL it cant stop someone going out buyinga pitbull type dog

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25 2012, 18:15

Steve wrote:it cant be enforce dave like BSL it cant stop someone going out buyinga pitbull type dog

Like people who end up with "type" dogs they dont realise there dog falls into "type" cat, just like people dont realise they are buying from a byb as they dont know what one is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25 2012, 18:19

so we are here to educate people , let's educate them. as I said Shell they should only ever do it once , come here then realise their error , that in itself is a step forward but if certain things were put in place to make it really hard for them to carry on it has to be an improvement.
There are always idiots out there that believe they know better than everybody else and would carry on regardless of the risks, but if things were put into place to make it awkward then I bet there would be a reasonable percentage that would stop

Back to top Go down

Post by simoninwales Sat Aug 25 2012, 19:17

This is the car sticker in the back window of my car, designed by the ladies at CARIAD

Should the Government close down Back Yard Breeders Cariad_sticker
simoninwales
simoninwales
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Teddy
Dog(s) Ages : 2.5
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25 2012, 19:20

simoninwales wrote:This is the car sticker in the back window of my car, designed by the ladies at CARIAD

Should the Government close down Back Yard Breeders Cariad_sticker
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Fantastic now thats the kind of sticker that stays in my mind

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Sat Aug 25 2012, 19:23

How is a backyard breeder defined?

The breeding dogs themselves are only a part of it.

What about the rest of the territory that goes with the title?

What do people on this forum understand the term "backyard breeder" to mean?

Keith
Keith

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Aug 25 2012, 19:43

a back yard breeder only think about money who dont do the proper tested! most think becasue their dogs are ok they thinks the pups will be ok also but it doesn't work like that

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25 2012, 22:54

personally i think sites like gumtree etc should NOT be allowed to advertise animals. free sites are awful. in fact i still mean to make a petiotn about this lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26 2012, 09:07

Hayley wrote:personally i think sites like gumtree etc should NOT be allowed to advertise animals. free sites are awful. in fact i still mean to make a petiotn about this lol

That would be a very good positive step actually Hayley and only allow sites to advertise when the advertees are carefully vetted, so entering kennel club registrations etc as part of the advert process. Another positive step would probably be to close down facebook !! I use it because its there and have to admit its nice to be able to keep in touch with the family and Tommys Breeders etc but we could live without it if it meant that all them nuggets weren't trading dogs on there

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffiesrus Sun Aug 26 2012, 10:08

Steve wrote:i dont think they can do anything about it's upto site like our to teach people how to spot a back yard breeder

Unfortuntely Steve is right. This site is great for holding people to account as far as bad breeding practises. Personally I would not give these so called breeders the time of day but some people dont realise and believe the bull that these breeders feed them.
If the goverment brought in a law to make it illegal to sell pups that were not KC registered that would help a bit but they would never do that.

Staffiesrus
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Should the Government close down Back Yard Breeders Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by simoninwales Sun Aug 26 2012, 14:32

There is this petition http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/26639

I know the ladies from CARIAD - See my car sticker above bombarded one of our welsh MPs with mail. There were sacks full of it >Smile

The goverment e-petition site maybe the way to go if something was very carefully written by someone with a better command of english than me. After 100,000 signatures they have to look at it and put it forward for debate.

There are hundreds of other issues that loosly relate to this kind of thing though, I know as a member of one of the Greyhound boards that they all feel Greyhound Racing is cruel and should be stopped. Then there is illegal dog fighting which does go on, Puppy farming, hence CARIAD and I am sure many more

Discuss

Regards

Simon

Fishguard, West Wales
simoninwales
simoninwales

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26 2012, 15:47

When i get bored i make petitions hahaha

it is now being processed

Back to top Go down

Post by simoninwales Sun Aug 26 2012, 15:52

Well let us all know with a link when it's done.

I will pass it around all the dog people down here.

My friend's wife is the only person I have ever known to get a message from AOL about her mailbox having reached it's limits, FFS

She must have 100,000 friends on her own and it's a fair bet most of them are dog related.

Good Luck

Regards

Simon

Fishguard, West Wales
simoninwales
simoninwales

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dave g Sun Aug 26 2012, 17:20

But not everyone wants a kc registered dog. The kc destroyed this breed like they have with alot of other breeds, staffys today are nothing like they use to be, they are alot smaller and lighter, staffys of old were 18 and 19in tall what you would call a "type" dog now if you see one. Its the old school staff for me anytime.
dave g
dave g

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : bauer and pilot
Dog Gender(s) : both male
Support total : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sun Aug 26 2012, 17:26

the staffy are pretty much the same the only differnet is i think in 38 or 40 something they drop the size from 18" to 16" becasue to many breeder was breeding them far to big...

have a look at this topic you will see they have not change that much really

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t22530-old-time-staffords

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down