Staffordshire BullTerrier Specialty show.

3 posters

Go down

Staffordshire BullTerrier Specialty show.  Empty Staffordshire BullTerrier Specialty show.

Post by Taryn Sun Aug 12 2012, 13:04

So for those who dont know, i took Romeo to the Staffordshire BullTerrier Specialty show this weekend. I knew we had a snowflakes chance in hell of winning, but we went anyway.
Romeo was first to be outed from the ring due to his undershot teeth of cause, but the judge, an English man called Kevin Jones was so lovely about it.
I have had such a bad taste in my mouth from other judges who didnt have a SINGLE nice thing to say about Romeo, none of them could see past those teeth, but he actually only crited Romeo's teeth, took me aside and told me that the reason that Romeo wasnt going on into the winner circel was because of the teeth, other wise he was one of the best dogs he's seen.... i left feeling a little less crushed that was for sure.

but yes, i'll read you off Romeo's reveiw.
10-months old male, Very nice head, Good exspression, undershot,nice angulation, showed in exellent condition, very well handled
Staffordshire BullTerrier Specialty show.  376583_10151112413284185_744450532_n

I'mm happy with that, the last one was.... horrible D:
i think from now on, if i do show.... (like once a year at the most) i will only show to english judges.
But now my breeder in on fullboard for me doing agility and is going to look and see if she can find us some one to mentor me and romeo Big Grin

But the day was a HUGE sucsess!!!Romeo's father got Ch Class 3 Exc CQ, thats 3rd place champion male in a class of 20 other champion males.
Staffordshire BullTerrier Specialty show.  ElmoatSBTSS

There were 80 dogs and 82 bitches so there was lots to see. It was actually not just for Staffies either, theer were AMstaffs being shown at the same time... how ANYONE could mistake these two i will never know... when they are young... yeah... but full grown... daaaamn these were some big boys and girls there... beautiful too <3
And on that note i do have something very tragic to share.... in the middle of one of the rings a dog died mid competition. She was 12 years old Amstaff Bitch. We think it might have been heat shock, it was a little warm... but not so much. However one momnet she was standing there and the next she collapsed and no one could revive her.... it left a very somber mood in the show for a very long time.

On a better note, it was the first time that we had had all of romeo's family in the same place since the time their mother and father made them XD
Romeo and all his brother and sisters where there and his mother and father Big Grin
Staffordshire BullTerrier Specialty show.  555695_10151112414674185_232114609_n

I left on a high and it was a good exsperiance... even if i am a few € lighter Blushing
Staffordshire BullTerrier Specialty show.  Image204

annnnnnnnnd i'll throw this pic in too, i'm carrying Romeo over a dog agressive dog who you cant actually see in this picture, the black stafford you do see wasnt agressive.
Staffordshire BullTerrier Specialty show.  297045_10151112410279185_311670757_n
Taryn
Taryn
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Staffordshire BullTerrier Specialty show.  Empty Re: Staffordshire BullTerrier Specialty show.

Post by micheled Sun Aug 12 2012, 13:17

Sounds like a great day! Romeo is gorgeous and it's nice the judge told you so-and you should be proud of the "well-handled!"

Some of the things they require for conformation don't really affect whether a dog is a beautiful dog, I think anyway.
micheled
micheled

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 74

Back to top Go down

Staffordshire BullTerrier Specialty show.  Empty Re: Staffordshire BullTerrier Specialty show.

Post by Kathy Sun Aug 12 2012, 13:21

Ohhhh well, well done anyway for going and joining in. Sorry to hear about the poor girl dying RIP. Could of been the heat or something else underlying that nobody knew about ???

Love the TShirt looks great on you. Lovely shot with all of Romeos family hope they all had a big kiss and cuddles before they left Love Struck
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 12 2012, 13:55

Glad you had a nice day Taryn and Romoe will always be a star in my book. So sad about the girly moving on so suddenly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sun Aug 12 2012, 14:37

well in the motel we were staying at there were 4 staffords in my room cause i shared with Romeo's breeder. It was Romeo, his sister Nuppu, his Mother Ruusu and Doris who is 9yrs old.... guess wheer they all slept? MY BED Big Grin and how did i wake up each morning.... having my hair stepped on.
but the award goes to doris.... who dragged her old nipples over my face by not using her back legs as she walked over me.... bravo doris

it was very sad about the Amstaff... the tent where the owner was were crying very much. when she went down everyone including us ran over there carrying as much water as we could
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down