Should there be restrictions on who enters?

Go down

Should there be restrictions on who enters? Empty Should there be restrictions on who enters?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 13:37

One of the runners in the steeple chase has been granted bail or whatever from court for serious assult (stabbing someone)

Is this the kind of person that should be allowed to represent a country in a world wide game?

Back to top Go down

Should there be restrictions on who enters? Empty Re: Should there be restrictions on who enters?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 15:02

Athletes that represent their countries are role models and should therefore be of good moral fibre. Being arrested should be an immediate disqualification unless proved inncoent beforehand. I dont see this going as far as prohibiting someone who has erred and has paid his/her debt to society as everyone deserves a second chance.

Back to top Go down

Should there be restrictions on who enters? Empty Re: Should there be restrictions on who enters?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 15:04

I agree. But this particular one is yet to face charges.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 15:21

Then for the minute, he has to be innocent until proven guilty. If he was banned from competing, and it was then discovered that he was innocent, that could cause trouble. Its a tricky one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 16:48

shontelle wrote:Then for the minute, he has to be innocent until proven guilty. If he was banned from competing, and it was then discovered that he was innocent, that could cause trouble. Its a tricky one.

thumbs up got there before me shon

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Aug 03 2012, 17:22

I agree with Shon, I'm not sure. I suppose if they could enter and they won something it could be revoked, but that defeats the object.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 17:34

Until he's been convicted by a court of law, he's innocent - that's the law of this country. Whether we know he's guilty or not, the law says he's innocent so he must be allowed to compete.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 21:21

Caryll wrote:Until he's been convicted by a court of law, he's innocent - that's the law of this country. Whether we know he's guilty or not, the law says he's innocent so he must be allowed to compete.

Agreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 23:12

Yeah but if it had of been one of our own we would have pulled them out. there are ones that were disqualified for tweets!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 03 2012, 23:58

jstaff wrote:
Caryll wrote:Until he's been convicted by a court of law, he's innocent - that's the law of this country. Whether we know he's guilty or not, the law says he's innocent so he must be allowed to compete.

Agreed

Also Agreed.
You can take the medal from them later but take away a chance of a lifetime then to be found innorcent. You can't rewind the clock back and make everyone compete fr te medal again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down