How often should I let Debo out at night?

2 posters

Go down

How often should I let Debo out at night? Empty How often should I let Debo out at night?

Post by jola139 Tue Jul 24 2012, 13:09

Ok ,so he's 19 weeks old and we didn't have an accident for a long time. At the moment he have a routine at night I take him around 10.30pm,then my OH takes him at 2am and after that whenever he wakes up in the morning. It's pretty difficult to avoid the 2am because my OH coming back from work at that time and Debo wakes up when he sees him.Are we going to have a problem in the future?
jola139
jola139
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

How often should I let Debo out at night? Empty Re: How often should I let Debo out at night?

Post by Kathy Tue Jul 24 2012, 16:29

You wont necessarily have a problem later on as he will be housetrained by then anyway.

Doing what you are doing now is OK as you dont want accidents in your home, he will eventually get used to going out once late at night to "Do his Business" then waiting until the morning to go out again.

He will get used to hearing your OH just come in then probably just go back to sleep again and not make any fuss at all.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

How often should I let Debo out at night? Empty Re: How often should I let Debo out at night?

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24 2012, 16:37

Yes, we used to take Dempsey into the garden at 4am when my oh got up for work. Nowadays he just looks up, wags his tail (if we're lucky) and goes back to sleep! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24 2012, 21:55

I agree he will get used to it and once he devolps bladder control is likely to just go back to sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down