Staffiesrus
Steve
Kathy
taramartynandbuster
Taryn
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

staffy buddy what would you get? - Page 2 Empty staffy buddy what would you get?

Post by Taryn Thu Jul 12 2012, 21:09

First topic message reminder :

now... lets just theroize here.
asuming 95% of us on here have a staff gracing our lives, if you were to get another dog and it wasnt a staffy (money not being an issue, space not being an issue ect.) what would you get?
I would say you'd probally have to pick a breed that would survive your staffy of cause hahah Laughing
I was just thinking today on my way home from work. I have plans that when Romeo is maybe 2 that i might get a second staffy, but then i got thinking what if i didnt get a staffy? what if i got something else? what would i get? I have always loved Bull Terriers (mini) and Bostons, but bostons come with many health issues....i have issues with dogs that cant breed and birth naturally as a given rule to an entire breed....pity.
Taryn
Taryn
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

staffy buddy what would you get? - Page 2 Empty Re: staffy buddy what would you get?

Post by Guest Sat Jul 14 2012, 12:28

Buster's_Mum wrote:
Caryll wrote:
Buster's_Mum wrote: Unfortunatly OH is scared of dogs so no chance of ever getting a big dog, so we will have to stick with staffies and cresties! Smile

He should come & meet my boss's GSD Pneuma - she's a big girl, but she's absolutely soppy! Love Struck

He has met my nans GSD Harley. He is BIG black and long haired, but soft as anything. OH is okish around him, but still a bit nervous. He was pinned to the floor and almost attacked by one when he was younger. I was really suprised when he said I could get a staffy as the first time he ever met one he litterally ran off and cleared a fence running away from it! I couldnt have run if I wanted too, I was too busy laughing! Laughing

the only dogs ive ever been bitten by are spaniels and labs, im not weary of labs cause i have had one since before i was born but im always still weary of spaniels if they seem yappy at all lol

Back to top Go down

staffy buddy what would you get? - Page 2 Empty Re: staffy buddy what would you get?

Post by Taryn Sat Jul 14 2012, 13:42

for me is poodles... i have been bitten so many tmes by poodles and me and Romeo have been attcked a fair number by them... so.... i feel uneasy around them
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat Jul 14 2012, 13:54

Ohhhhh Poodles are one of the few dogs I dont trust too. I had one snap at my face once when I was in a pub ewwwww. I will never forget it. Crying or Very sad
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by bullsmommy1 Sat Jul 14 2012, 14:01

I already have a GSD, but ifi could have another it would be English bulldog love american ones but dog sitting for one is slowly putting me off the breed:(
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bulley, major & kaiser
Dog(s) Ages : 10,13 & 5months
Dog Gender(s) : all male
Support total : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sun Jul 15 2012, 15:26

i have had stiches from poodles snapping at me... not even ones i knew, just strangers in the streets.

i know what you mean bullsmommy1, i used to sit for my next doors dog, this lab....it was a monster
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by nsgdm1 Sun Jul 15 2012, 16:22

I would have either a Rhodesian Ridgeback or a Beagle, but being as we have 6 Staffs it may be some time before we consider another dog nevermind another breed
nsgdm1
nsgdm1
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Archie , Skye ,Ollie ,Beauty ,Giggsy , Sugar
Dog Gender(s) : 3 dogs 3 bitches
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15 2012, 16:24

Taryn wrote:i know what you mean bullsmommy1, i used to sit for my next doors dog, this lab....it was a monster

An ex-boyfriend had a lab that was so soft you wouldn't believe it. Until there was food involved. I've never known such a food aggressive dog, and he was a huge one!

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Mon Jul 16 2012, 08:19

the one i used to watch wouldnt let you leave the house... it would stand by the door and growl if you tried to leave, it also didnt like you touching his food, and he would try and snatch yours... little to say after watching him for a week i never did it again
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kate32 Mon Jul 16 2012, 18:23

Always a staff, but if I had to have another I'd prob go for a springer spaniel as that's what I grew up with, very affectionate dogs.
kate32
kate32
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : maisy n scooby
Dog(s) Ages : 2 n 3
Dog Gender(s) : female n male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 16 2012, 22:57

I must be lucky to have only met well behaved poodles because I love the breed. They are very clever and the ones that I've met with Saxon seem to get on well with other dogs. I would want a Standard Poodle, though, not a tiny one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Tue Jul 17 2012, 06:52

i guess its just that most of the people around here with them dont know that they have a dog and not a living doll
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue Jul 17 2012, 12:43

I would love another doberman Smile
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2