What is my staff crossed with? Advice please...

+5
Steve
crystel
janey
Chantel
Ben
9 posters

Go down

What is my staff crossed with? Advice please... Empty What is my staff crossed with? Advice please...

Post by Ben Wed Jul 11 2012, 20:41

Lovely girl. Knows her name, comes sometimes when called and is really good at the command "speak" (doesn't shut up much tbh). Just wondering what she is crossed with. Someone said she doesn't look full Staffy to them.

What is my staff crossed with? Advice please... F9d9dec9

Big Grin
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

What is my staff crossed with? Advice please... Empty Re: What is my staff crossed with? Advice please...

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11 2012, 20:42

I'd say there's a touch of girly crossed in there somewhere. Anyway, she can't be pure staff because she comes when she's called! Laughing

Back to top Go down

What is my staff crossed with? Advice please... Empty Re: What is my staff crossed with? Advice please...

Post by Chantel Wed Jul 11 2012, 20:44

Hmmm, really hard to say. Defenitely not pure staff, but I am sure the heart is pure.

Cool pic Big Grin
Chantel
Chantel

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maska & Loki
Dog(s) Ages : Maska 1 year and a bit & Loki 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 127

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jul 11 2012, 20:45

Sorry, Moo is a rescue and I'm no good with crosses at all Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by crystel Wed Jul 11 2012, 20:47

Um golden lab well thats what the face looks like but wow she has that whole standing up trick down too a t lol Big Grin
crystel
crystel

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 7yrs and 1yr
Dog Gender(s) : females
Support total : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Jul 11 2012, 20:50

Laughing

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Wed Jul 11 2012, 20:55

My daughter got to make this at a kindergarten readiness program and wanted to make a "dog like hers." She wanted me to make sure you all saw it. Laughing I think she would be one of the dogs if she could!
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11 2012, 20:57

Tell her it's really good, she did a great job with it! Talented! thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11 2012, 20:59

bbimson wrote:My daughter got to make this at a kindergarten readiness program and wanted to make a "dog like hers." She wanted me to make sure you all saw it. Laughing I think she would be one of the dogs if she could!

Fantastic and well done , but definitely got some golden lab in there

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Jul 11 2012, 21:03

Ummmm not too sure but looks half Bimson to me Laughing
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Wed Jul 11 2012, 21:17

mmm not to sure either but she very cute!
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Wed Jul 11 2012, 21:31

Ah you have to be careful with a cross like this. They can be very time intensive, ongoing costs can easily top £100,000, cute when they are young but do have delayed adolesence. At which time they turn into little monsters for several years, very often not communicating for days at a time. You will have to keep her on a tight leash during this period as they have a habit of disappearing for several days - I'm sure as a responsible owner you will have her microchipped but don't worry as they do have a habit of finding their own way back. But on the whole, when they get past that stage they do bring a lot of joy and happiness and a sense of pride in a job well done. You do have to give instruction about irresponsible breeding but that's a discusion for another time Big Grin
Pollyanna
Pollyanna
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
What is my staff crossed with? Advice please... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Lily
Dog(s) Ages : 2?
Dog Gender(s) : Girlie
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jul 11 2012, 21:32

Pollyanna wrote:Ah you have to be careful with a cross like this. They can be very time intensive, ongoing costs can easily top £100,000, cute when they are young but do have delayed adolesence. At which time they turn into little monsters for several years, very often not communicating for days at a time. You will have to keep her on a tight leash during this period as they have a habit of disappearing for several days - I'm sure as a responsible owner you will have her microchipped but don't worry as they do have a habit of finding their own way back. But on the whole, when they get past that stage they do bring a lot of joy and happiness and a sense of pride in a job well done. You do have to give instruction about irresponsible breeding but that's a discusion for another time Big Grin

Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Wed Jul 11 2012, 21:33

Pollyanna wrote:Ah you have to be careful with a cross like this. They can be very time intensive, ongoing costs can easily top £100,000, cute when they are young but do have delayed adolesence. At which time they turn into little monsters for several years, very often not communicating for days at a time. You will have to keep her on a tight leash during this period as they have a habit of disappearing for several days - I'm sure as a responsible owner you will have her microchipped but don't worry as they do have a habit of finding their own way back. But on the whole, when they get past that stage they do bring a lot of joy and happiness and a sense of pride in a job well done. You do have to give instruction about irresponsible breeding but that's a discusion for another time Big Grin

Laughing
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 11 2012, 21:39

Pollyanna wrote: You do have to give instruction about irresponsible breeding but that's a discusion for another time Big Grin

not listening rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 01:05

rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 09:11

Aw that is a cute cross Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Jul 12 2012, 09:32

Ah Pauline you crack me up! bounce
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 12:43

bbimson wrote:

Laughing

Agree with all the advice given , my cross breed is 12 years old now and we have experienced several behavioral issues for the last .... well 12 years, and I have been warned it can go on for at least another 15 or longer . I've found they do very well responding to treats but this seems to be a very short term thing and then they forget the good behaviour , contrary to most other breeds the only way to deal with this behaviour is to lock them in a good cage for days on end as it really becomes a test of strength between animal and owner, however they have very hypnotic eyes which often result in the owner not being able to fully carry out the behaviour correction and then the whole problem goes full circle. Generally speaking , though neither is a particularly recommended breed to be good with parents, the male can have less problems in the long run and settles more quickly but as they get older they have a very high drive for the females

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 12:58

Dave wrote:
bbimson wrote:

Laughing

Agree with all the advice given , my cross breed is 12 years old now and we have experienced several behavioral issues for the last .... well 12 years, and I have been warned it can go on for at least another 15 or longer . I've found they do very well responding to treats but this seems to be a very short term thing and then they forget the good behaviour , contrary to most other breeds the only way to deal with this behaviour is to lock them in a good cage for days on end as it really becomes a test of strength between animal and owner, however they have very hypnotic eyes which often result in the owner not being able to fully carry out the behaviour correction and then the whole problem goes full circle. Generally speaking , though neither is a particularly recommended breed to be good with parents, the male can have less problems in the long run and settles more quickly but as they get older they have a very high drive for the females
rolling on the floor
Your daughter done a great job making that Ben, well done thumbs up Not too sure on the cross but it is very cute Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12 2012, 13:55

Brilliant comment!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down