Do you think these 2 are full staffs?

5 posters

Go down

Do you think these 2 are full staffs?  Empty Do you think these 2 are full staffs?

Post by lukeyd123 Sat Jun 16 2012, 11:55

Either way i don't mind, This is the mum and dad to my new pup. (Tango)
Also i just want to point out i agree with every1 in when you say they weren't looked after correctly.

Zena the mum Do you think these 2 are full staffs?  17954710

Benny the dad Do you think these 2 are full staffs?  53816310

Pups Do you think these 2 are full staffs?  56188310

Last edited by lukeyd123 on Sat Jun 16 2012, 16:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clear Up Point :D)
lukeyd123
lukeyd123
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tango and Roxy
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 years and 9 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Femaile
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Do you think these 2 are full staffs?  Empty Re: Do you think these 2 are full staffs?

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 11:58

So very difficult to say. The dad certainly looks full staff, although mum doesn't to me. But without seeing them 'in the flesh' it's very hard to get a proper picture.

I take it that neither are KC registered?

Back to top Go down

Do you think these 2 are full staffs?  Empty Re: Do you think these 2 are full staffs?

Post by lukeyd123 Sat Jun 16 2012, 12:00

Caryll wrote:So very difficult to say. The dad certainly looks full staff, although mum doesn't to me. But without seeing them 'in the flesh' it's very hard to get a proper picture.

No they weren't, And they wasn't very well looked after either. I wasn't sure about the mum either. But that's the only pic i have ever seen so can't really be sure. Thanks for your reply
lukeyd123
lukeyd123

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 12:07

Tbh, Tango looks very much a staff, so even if his mum isn't, she's certainly a staffie cross.

Either way, he's a lovely looking boy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 13:37

Hi & welcome
Same here I think the Benny is 100% staffy and the mum may have some staff in her.
He is gorgeous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 13:43

lukeyd123 wrote:
Caryll wrote:So very difficult to say. The dad certainly looks full staff, although mum doesn't to me. But without seeing them 'in the flesh' it's very hard to get a proper picture.

No they weren't, And they wasn't very well looked after either. I wasn't sure about the mum either. But that's the only pic i have ever seen so can't really be sure. Thanks for your reply

Just looking through the post , welcome to the forum from me and the kids Smile I was thinking from the pics it doesn't look like the pups were exactly being cared for , but never mind , you can take over from here now !! So have you got Tango yet (great name) , how old is he , and any pics Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 13:46

I'm gonna be honest here, but looking at the way the parents are kept in a dirty disgusting yard, and the condition the pups are in plus sleeping on dirty bedding, i would'nt of even entertain the idea of buying a pup of them.
The pups look worming and dont look like they have had a good start in life.

If you have already bought a pup then get some good grub into and get it checked by a vet straight away. If not then walk away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 14:39

Hi Luke , hope you don't mind but you had 2 topics in members introductions so I've moved this one into chat, I think the pictures of the parents and the litter you have posted will provoke some reactions of our members and you don't want your lovely boy's pics and introduction clouded with that Smile

Regards from the Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 15:05

I certainly tend to both respect and agree with the opinions of those in the know on this forum. I cant but help wondering though, if we all made decisions not to take on pups like these, what would happen to them in the end? They live so now we need to deal with the fact that despite the failings of their birth, the still need loving forever homes.

The ideal would be to avoid such situations before they occur and i do know that most of us here agree that it is the first prize.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 15:15

Ty wrote:I certainly tend to both respect and agree with the opinions of those in the know on this forum. I cant but help wondering though, if we all made decisions not to take on pups like these, what would happen to them in the end? They live so now we need to deal with the fact that despite the failings of their birth, the still need loving forever homes.

The ideal would be to avoid such situations before they occur and i do know that most of us here agree that it is the first prize.

It is without doubt a very difficult subject Lynne , if I was there at the "breeder" I would have a very difficult choice , whicjh would no doubt end up me taking one and they go around again full circle and I see what everyone says, however if I don't take one , they end up abused , sold off cheap and god knows what.

It's sort off like saying don't help out the kids in africa that are starving and it will teach their parents not to have kids. (and I don't mean to offend with this comparison it's all i could think of)

I very consciously avoided BYB this time , but I didn't even dare go look on gumtree or anything for fear of finding something to turn my head and fill their pockets Straight Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster's_Mum Sat Jun 16 2012, 15:18

lukeyd123 wrote:

Did you meet the mum yourself, and the dad if he was there? Do you know how old the mum was, as looking at the pic her face looks similar to Buster's so I was just thinking she might be very young?

When we got Tyson, our first dog, we didnt research much. After when we found out more we realised we probably shouldn't have got him as he wasn't kept clean, etc, and his dad was only about 8 months, and Im not sure he was full staff, but Tyson grew into a big, friendly (although occasionally DA, but I think this was down to nervousness from neutering too soon) dog and, although Idont have him now, I know he is still getting on great and has never had any problems. Tango is gorgeous, good luck with him Smile
Buster's_Mum
Buster's_Mum
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Do you think these 2 are full staffs?  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Buster, LuLu (chinese crested)
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months, 3 1/2 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sat Jun 16 2012, 15:36

it is alwaqys a tricky situation when some ones life hangs in the balance. i went to get a kitten once and when i got there they were covered in flees and horribly skinny and very very young. i had only come for one, but i felt so sick about it... i took both of the ones they had left. they gave me the second one for free... the second one at first had mobility issues for much of her life, but when they got over 5 years they were fine.
I dont want to support that kind of filthy back yard breeding for a quick buck.... but some times you conscience gets the better of you. Its what makes us human.
Taryn
Taryn
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeyd123 Sat Jun 16 2012, 15:58

I agree with all your comments, I wanted to take all the pups because of how they looked. So i picked the 1 that looked like he needed the extra help (The Skinny Scared One) He has soon turned round into the opposite Smile I don't care if he's not full staff I love him all the same. Thanks
lukeyd123
lukeyd123

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeyd123 Sat Jun 16 2012, 16:04

Also i feed my new pup Tango, Burns food dry and meat mixed. Recommended by my local pet shop. Does any1 have any views on this food for a staff? Thanks
lukeyd123
lukeyd123

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by crystel Sat Jun 16 2012, 16:07

Hi luke welcome too the sites.
And firstly well done you for helping that little puppy and giving it a loving home, I do understand peoples concerned on here there are some really bad unhealthy breeding situations out there, i have had staffs all my life and they have been in my family for over 60yrs, we have had pure breed show dogs down too rescuing a pup from a fairground site lol, your puppy looks full staffy too me and actually looks like alot of the pup pics on here have a look at the June pup competion post and that will show you how they can vary in looks, Mum and Dad both look staffy too, but as people say its so hard too tell in photos, as long as your little one has had a good vet health check him i would just enjoy him and give yourself a pat on the back for getting him away from that home
crystel
crystel

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 7yrs and 1yr
Dog Gender(s) : females
Support total : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeyd123 Sat Jun 16 2012, 16:12

Aww thanks for that Big Grin He has had a couple of vet checks and they said he was skinny at 1st and now he is doing as he should. So i guess i just need to enjoy him now Smile I'm going to have a look at the june competition post now. Thanks Smile

crystel wrote:Hi luke welcome too the sites.
And firstly well done you for helping that little puppy and giving it a loving home, I do understand peoples concerned on here there are some really bad unhealthy breeding situations out there, i have had staffs all my life and they have been in my family for over 60yrs, we have had pure breed show dogs down too rescuing a pup from a fairground site lol, your puppy looks full staffy too me and actually looks like alot of the pup pics on here have a look at the June pup competion post and that will show you how they can vary in looks, Mum and Dad both look staffy too, but as people say its so hard too tell in photos, as long as your little one has had a good vet health check him i would just enjoy him and give yourself a pat on the back for getting him away from that home
lukeyd123
lukeyd123

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sat Jun 16 2012, 16:18

i have never heard of the one before. i think many of us here use James Wellbeloved, fish4dogs and i personally use Golden Eagel. But alot of the time i believe it is up to the individual dog. although i dont feed my dog supermarket dry food ever. Some times he might get a tiny little tin of Cesar's tinned food as a treat.
It also has alot to do with your dogs age, if he is still under 5 months i would suggest feeding it a good quality puppy mix. Your pet shop will probally not steer you wrong, but its also good to ask around.
what about everyone else... have you guys heard of this brand?

i just did a quick search on the brand. and while most reveiws were positive there were some that didnt agree with it, or rather their dogs tummys did not. it apparently has a VERY low protine count of 21% when most pup food has a 25%-28%.
I did find this however...
http://www.whichdogfood.co.uk/ a search engine for dog food... what will the british think of next i must say.
But i would say if he is putting on enough weight and isnt having digestive problems he should be ok.
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeyd123 Sat Jun 16 2012, 16:36

Thanks for that Smile I tried him on the fish4dogs and he loved it. I also have some dry puppy food that is 30% protein he has that mixed with it aswell sometimes. Just want to say i'm glad i came to this site, Nice honest answers Big Grin

Romeo wrote:i have never heard of the one before. i think many of us here use James Wellbeloved, fish4dogs and i personally use Golden Eagel. But alot of the time i believe it is up to the individual dog. although i dont feed my dog supermarket dry food ever. Some times he might get a tiny little tin of Cesar's tinned food as a treat.
It also has alot to do with your dogs age, if he is still under 5 months i would suggest feeding it a good quality puppy mix. Your pet shop will probally not steer you wrong, but its also good to ask around.
what about everyone else... have you guys heard of this brand?

i just did a quick search on the brand. and while most reveiws were positive there were some that didnt agree with it, or rather their dogs tummys did not. it apparently has a VERY low protine count of 21% when most pup food has a 25%-28%.
I did find this however...
http://www.whichdogfood.co.uk/ a search engine for dog food... what will the british think of next i must say.
But i would say if he is putting on enough weight and isnt having digestive problems he should be ok.
lukeyd123
lukeyd123

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Sat Jun 16 2012, 17:08

thats what we're here for Love Struck
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 18:00

lukeyd123 wrote:I agree with all your comments, I wanted to take all the pups because of how they looked. So i picked the 1 that looked like he needed the extra help (The Skinny Scared One) He has soon turned round into the opposite Smile I don't care if he's not full staff I love him all the same. Thanks

Bless you , sure you will get some great rewards from your new little friend , the best friend you will ever have thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16 2012, 23:56

No to both

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Sun Jun 17 2012, 08:25

I didn't read this until this morning. I had a choice when I got Lily less than two months ago. I was due to go and look at a beautiful red 2 year old femail with a pedigree as long as your arm who couldn't be kept by their owner for dominance reasons with the other bitch that she lived with. At the same time I heard about Lily in the dog rescue, same age, no pedigree, always said I didn't particularly like brindles (sorry folks), she had no social graces, no personality, may not even be a 'proper' staffie - a blank canvas. Whilst all my instincts said the red with the known history would be a better choice, I chose Lily and I can't tell you why. Sometimes things happen for a reason, not to be questioned just accepted. She may not have the pedigree but I have a firm belief that she will make a smashing little dog. Every dog I have owned has been mine by default not choice. Enjoy sharing your life with Tango, you may think that you chose her but she chose you without you even knowing it Smile
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Lily
Dog(s) Ages : 2?
Dog Gender(s) : Girlie
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 08:34

Pollyanna wrote:I didn't read this until this morning. I had a choice when I got Lily less than two months ago. I was due to go and look at a beautiful red 2 year old femail with a pedigree as long as your arm who couldn't be kept by their owner for dominance reasons with the other bitch that she lived with. At the same time I heard about Lily in the dog rescue, same age, no pedigree, always said I didn't particularly like brindles (sorry folks), she had no social graces, no personality, may not even be a 'proper' staffie - a blank canvas. Whilst all my instincts said the red with the known history would be a better choice, I chose Lily and I can't tell you why. Sometimes things happen for a reason, not to be questioned just accepted. She may not have the pedigree but I have a firm belief that she will make a smashing little dog. Every dog I have owned has been mine by default not choice. Enjoy sharing your life with Tango, you may think that you chose her but she chose you without you even knowing it Smile

applause applause

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeyd123 Sun Jun 17 2012, 09:24

Pollyanna wrote:I didn't read this until this morning. I had a choice when I got Lily less than two months ago. I was due to go and look at a beautiful red 2 year old femail with a pedigree as long as your arm who couldn't be kept by their owner for dominance reasons with the other bitch that she lived with. At the same time I heard about Lily in the dog rescue, same age, no pedigree, always said I didn't particularly like brindles (sorry folks), she had no social graces, no personality, may not even be a 'proper' staffie - a blank canvas. Whilst all my instincts said the red with the known history would be a better choice, I chose Lily and I can't tell you why. Sometimes things happen for a reason, not to be questioned just accepted. She may not have the pedigree but I have a firm belief that she will make a smashing little dog. Every dog I have owned has been mine by default not choice. Enjoy sharing your life with Tango, you may think that you chose her but she chose you without you even knowing it Smile

Thanks for that Big Grin But he's a boy lol
lukeyd123
lukeyd123

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeyd123 Sun Jun 17 2012, 09:30

Whats your dog crossed with mate? Yours looks just like my old dog that was crossed with a jack russell?

Equi wrote:No to both
lukeyd123
lukeyd123

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 09:35

lukeyd123 wrote:Whats your dog crossed with mate? Yours looks just like my old dog that was crossed with a jack russell?

I don't have a cross. She's purebred. I'm not being rude but there are so many staffy cross now a lot of people get mixed up on how they should really look so maybe have a look on google for purebreds to see how they would look.

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeyd123 Sun Jun 17 2012, 10:03

Ah right just they looked identical almost. I'm looking on google now Big Grin

Equi wrote:
lukeyd123 wrote:Whats your dog crossed with mate? Yours looks just like my old dog that was crossed with a jack russell?

I don't have a cross. She's purebred. I'm not being rude but there are so many staffy cross now a lot of people get mixed up on how they should really look so maybe have a look on google for purebreds to see how they would look.
lukeyd123
lukeyd123

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Sun Jun 17 2012, 10:19

Sorry about the sex change Luke - Tango's that is. I have always had dogs, this is the first girlie and its taken me a while to say 'her' and I was always telling her she was a good boy Big Grin now all dogs are 'her'. However, I did have once have a collie cross called Roy where either would have applied - but that's a story for another time Wink
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by lukeyd123 Sun Jun 17 2012, 10:47

Pollyanna wrote:Sorry about the sex change Luke - Tango's that is. I have always had dogs, this is the first girlie and its taken me a while to say 'her' and I was always telling her she was a good boy Big Grin now all dogs are 'her'. However, I did have once have a collie cross called Roy where either would have applied - but that's a story for another time Wink

It's ok haha, I want to know the story of Roy now Big Grin
lukeyd123
lukeyd123

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 11:00

Pollyanna wrote: However, I did have once have a collie cross called Roy where either would have applied - but that's a story for another time Wink

Nooooo! That's a story for Big Grin now!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Sun Jun 17 2012, 19:10

Well if you insist - apologies if it ends up like one of Ronnie Corbett's monologues. Roy and Jason were two rescue dogs we got together 20 years ago from a local vet. I didn't want one dog never mind two as I had just lost our lovey Ben, but the vet's nurse lived next door to me and I think she seen me as a soft touch. Roy was an all brown collie cross and Jason was all black and looked just looked like every old man's dog on a piece of string. They were skin and bone, both about a year old and part of the deal was that we had them 'done' when they were up to it. When Jason was on the operating table the vet rang me up to say he could only find one testicle, asked me if I wanted him to look for it or leave it - reason? More expensive. I said please feel free to furtle around until you find it, I am not taking that dog home with one ball Surprised . He had two huge ears that stuck up and after the operation one flopped down and never stuck up again and I often wonder if they ever found that other one Big Grin

Anyway, this is about Roy. Roy was all brown, had lips and used to pout. He used to get a strop on in the same way Gollom did in Lord of the Rings and would abruptly turn around and stare. Roy never used to walk, he would mince - everyone remarked on it and we used to say we taught him to do it in the same way as the Lipizzaner horses in Spain but it was completely natural. One Christmas we put some festive clothing on him and found out that he loved it, he would cry when we took it off so Roy ended up with a 'dresssing up box'. Hubby used to pick him up so he could see himself in the mirror and he loved it. So it became routine every day, if Roy was acting up even the kids would ask if he has seen himself today and once he had looked in the mirror he was fine. He would not go out without at least a bandana. He had a passion for alsations, male alsations and used to flirt outrageously and go into 'chase me, chase me' mode. If they tried to mount him he would run away quick as in ha ha only kidding!! He was such a character, everyone knew him and poor Jason lived in his shadow, however he lived another 5 years after Roy and developed a personality of his own after he had gone. We still miss them both very much - Roy was 13 and Jason 18.

And finally, the vet's nurse told us they were brothers - she moved house and I met her some years later and she told me they had never seen each other before they were brought in to the vets but they got on well together and she knew that we would give them both a good home. What a little sneak and what a wise lady Wink
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 20:03

Love Struck That brought some memories back for me , I grew up wit a Border Collie from 4 - 20 yrs called Roy , not a common name. He was my best buddy and I look forward to the day when we meet him again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 20:14

That's is such a great story! Roy sounds a real character, a one in a million. And what good ages both of them lived to - you were obviously doing something very right! Love Struck

I'm sure they'll both be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Sun Jun 17 2012, 20:27

Glad it brought back some nice memories Dave of your Roy Smile

I really hope they are Caryll, it was some time before I could even look at photos of them but very happy memories now Smile

Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down