Random walk stories

5 posters

Go down

Random walk stories Empty Random walk stories

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 14:52

Just a few stories from our walks recently:

Saw a Dempsey look alike, running off lead with a stick in the mouth. Went right by us without even looking in Tyson's direction with his owner bringing up the rear. We were impressed. We regularly encounter an old gent at the lake whose just as old labrador walks slowly a few meters behind, sniffing and exploring. It has become habit to greet the man and then watch out for his dog further along. My heart stopped when I did not see the old girl behind him. Looked frantically all round and eventually saw her way back. Guess it was just a really slow walkies day for her.

There is a 'car guard' (South African thing - some chap looks after a number of parking spaces at the shops. guides you in and out and 'watches' your car for a few coins) on the corner who we have been passing since Ty was a wee thing out on his first walks. Every time we pass, he enthusiastically greets us with 'Hello Ben my friend'. I have no idea where 'Ben' comes from and I have never had the heart to correct him

Back to top Go down

Random walk stories Empty Re: Random walk stories

Post by *Karen* Wed Jun 06 2012, 15:02

haha good stories!
Trying to think of some of Mia's random encounters, my OH got stopped once and asked "well what colour would you call her?" to which he replied she was a blue brindle, the bloke then turned round and said "hmm, no I wouldn't say that!" - weirdo!

We were walking once and came accros a discared football, Mia decided to carry it all the way home and now plays with it in our garden, its about 3 months old now and not much of it left, but she only plays with that one ball, not any of the new ones we bought her!!
*Karen*
*Karen*
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Jun 06 2012, 15:06

I love reading these stories, we have a girl around near where we live who calls Rocky Lucky I think she has just miss heard us call him, bless her.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by kelpie Wed Jun 06 2012, 15:45

I think we've all had interesting walks with our boys n girls and what a great idea for a thread!... Rolo and I are regularly meeting the same few people who are determined that I know nothing about training my boy, and they all determinedly keep shouting "SIT" at him, and every day he ignores them.... rolling on the floor he'll do it perfectly if you ask him nicely and don't yell it applause
kelpie
kelpie
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Random walk stories Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rolo
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 years old
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Jun 06 2012, 18:29

kelpie wrote:d they all determinedly keep shouting "SIT" at him, and every day he ignores them.... rolling on the floor he'll do it perfectly if you ask him nicely and don't yell it applause

I know exactly where you're coming from. We saw a couple of stress heads in our local woods the other day shouting at their dog to sit, it was a poodle and not very obedient, hilarious Laughing
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 20:55

I kept bumping into this woman walking a yorkshire terrier and everytime she saw us she would grab hold of her dog. I never noticed at first until one day she didn't realise we were coming until late and paniked. Now Blue normally is dog aggressive but never bothered with her dog (probably female)
Anyway about 6 months ago I was walking Blue and she was chatting to some other woman and her dog was sniffing some grass off lead so before she got the chance I picked Blue up and walked past like I was sheilding him from her dog.
I thought it was funny until I put him back down and realised I had 10 tonne of mud all over me Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 20:57

BlueStaffBlue wrote:I kept bumping into this woman walking a yorkshire terrier and everytime she saw us she would grab hold of her dog. I never noticed at first until one day she didn't realise we were coming until late and paniked. Now Blue normally is dog aggressive but never bothered with her dog (probably female)
Anyway about 6 months ago I was walking Blue and she was chatting to some other woman and her dog was sniffing some grass off lead so before she got the chance I picked Blue up and walked past like I was sheilding him from her dog.
I thought it was funny until I put him back down and realised I had 10 tonne of mud all over me Laughing

rolling on the floor rolling on the floor I might try that with Tilly 1 day

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:12

Was one of them think its a good idea before thinking it through moments. Covered in mud and struggling to walk cos the fatty is about 25kgs while trying to baby talk him "it's ok baby daddy will protect you" nearly dropped him so I had to walk while leaning back......would loved to have been able to see their reactions

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:27

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Was one of them think its a good idea before thinking it through moments. Covered in mud and struggling to walk cos the fatty is about 25kgs while trying to baby talk him "it's ok baby daddy will protect you" nearly dropped him so I had to walk while leaning back......would loved to have been able to see their reactions

Brillient. I can just picture it Laughing

Most people no us on our walks and I don't really meet odd balls, I am one!

Did have a laugh today, it was Guildfords dog show, I didn't no anything about, certainly not been advertised! It was on a our way home when we stumbled across it, the park was taken over by tents with crates and grooming. Never seen a crufts associated show for real!

Me and Moo fitted right in lol!!

janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:30

It's times like that you wish you had put your best shell suit on and tucked your bottoms into your pure off white socks.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:34

I was wearing them, I bought a spare pair cause you've got mine Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kate32 Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:35

A lady came up to us the other day and asked to stroke scoobs, she said "i love the brindle staffies, when the sun shines its like they light up from the inside and all their colours shine through" I thought that was lovely...
kate32
kate32
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : maisy n scooby
Dog(s) Ages : 2 n 3
Dog Gender(s) : female n male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:36

Oh yeah thanks for that.
Sent them back....not washed them like, didn't see the point sinc I only had them on for 3 and a half days

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:38

Got at least a fournights wear left then, cheers
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Jun 06 2012, 21:38

kate32 wrote:A lady came up to us the other day and asked to stroke scoobs, she said "i love the brindle staffies, when the sun shines its like they light up from the inside and all their colours shine through" I thought that was lovely...

Love Struck thats so nice Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down