Rash/spots/blisters. advice help?

4 posters

Go down

Rash/spots/blisters. advice help? Empty Rash/spots/blisters. advice help?

Post by rachylovell Wed Jun 06 2012, 13:02

My male staffy has some sort of rash, we think it may of been caused through stinging nettles but we can't be to sure... It first showed up about a week ago but since then has developed. It started up as just a rash, it was red and lumpy. Then it turned into pus like spots all over his tummy and armpits, they then started blistering and how his tummy is just one massive dark red patch and it stands out really badly because of his white coat. I've been taking pictures of the stages.

Rash/spots/blisters. advice help? 14il9gg
Rash/spots/blisters. advice help? 65sxu9
Rash/spots/blisters. advice help? 2jfwz2e
Rash/spots/blisters. advice help? 24g3mut
These last two pictures were taken today
Rash/spots/blisters. advice help? 2zpmq12
Rash/spots/blisters. advice help? Cuv0z

Anybody got any thoughts on what this could be? Or have you ever experienced this and did you find out what caused it? He doesn't seem to be in pain or itching/biting at it but he's not 100% himself. He's not his normal chirpy enthusiastic self. Is there anything I can give to him to help it clear?

rachylovell
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Rash/spots/blisters. advice help? Empty Re: Rash/spots/blisters. advice help?

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 13:04

Looks very much like an allergic reaction to me. Most likely from something outside unless the rash is on the top side as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by rachylovell Wed Jun 06 2012, 13:07

The rash is just on his tummy and front legs... I just have no idea what it could be or what to give to him to help it disappear quicker?

rachylovell

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 13:08

Have you taken him to the vets about this ?? On seeing the 1st couple of pics as it appeared it reminds me of Eczema.

Abit of sudocreme would help calm the rash down.

Back to top Go down

Post by rachylovell Wed Jun 06 2012, 13:18

It's either stinging nettles or something heat related. He loves sitting outside in the sunshine and every opportunity he had last week when we had sunshine he was outside. I put sun-cream on him and he always lays on his back outside. Whatever it is, it doesn't look good. Perhaps a trip to the vet this afternoon? X

rachylovell

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 13:30

Have you changed your washing powder or used a different detergent to wash the floors, or used febreze ??
As its just on his under belly, its suggesting its more of a contact allergie than a diet one.
If non of the above have been used or changed it could have been caused from the sap from freshly cut grass.

At the moment its all guess work as to what started this off. But i think a trip to the vets is in order here just to get him some relief from this angry looking rash.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 13:32

Denise wrote:Have you changed your washing powder or used a different detergent to wash the floors, or used febreze ??
As its just on his under belly, its suggesting its more of a contact allergie than a diet one.
If non of the above have been used or changed it could have been caused from the sap from freshly cut grass.

At the moment its all guess work as to what started this off. But i think a trip to the vets is in order here just to get him some relief from this angry looking rash.

Agreed and excellent advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 06 2012, 13:36

thumbs up
jstaff wrote:
Denise wrote:Have you changed your washing powder or used a different detergent to wash the floors, or used febreze ??

Agreed and excellent advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by rachylovell Wed Jun 06 2012, 13:46

Thanks Denise. I don't think nothing has been changed but I will ask dad when he gets home. I think it's time to stop putting of the vets and get him there. Advice is all really good though! My friend said he has this with his male staffy who's also white and it was due to the grass and went down in 2 days. This has been here for about 8 days now which makes me think it could be something much moe serious than i think! Will keep you updated if anything changes x

rachylovell

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Wed Jun 06 2012, 15:42

white staffys are prone to skin allergies as mine is but you need the vet to take alook even if at the end of day he says just give piriton but any lumps or bumps that have pus in them is not good , he may need some cream to just help the healing process and stop them becoming itchy when they dry out
roz w
roz w
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Rash/spots/blisters. advice help? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by VanaVigo Sun Jul 08 2012, 19:02

Is that Demodicosis??
What was it in the end?

I am curious as my pup has developed some kind of rush like that but on the head area. My vet thinks it is demodicosis... (I hope it is not!) we will have the results by tomorrow...

p.s. does anyone know or had any experience with demodicosis?
Sad
VanaVigo
VanaVigo
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Vigo
Dog(s) Ages : 12.04.2012.
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by munschk Tue Jul 10 2012, 09:49

VanaVigo wrote:Is that Demodicosis??
What was it in the end?

I am curious as my pup has developed some kind of rush like that but on the head area. My vet thinks it is demodicosis... (I hope it is not!) we will have the results by tomorrow...

p.s. does anyone know or had any experience with demodicosis?
Sad

Vanavigo, its not a usual presentation for Demodex mange. Without seeing pictures of your pup, it could very easily be demodex as Staffies are prone to 'puppy mange' and it often manifests on the head. I'm curious as to why you didn't get the results immediately as usually the vet does a skin scrape and can tell you straight after looking at it if its Demodex or not.

If it is demodex, don't worry. It's usually relatively simple to treat (often using a combination of injectable/oral meds, medicated shampoo and/or spot on treatments) and as long as its caught early, is not that harmful to you dog. Your pup should make a full recovery =)
munschk
munschk
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Hiccup
Dog(s) Ages : 24 November 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10 2012, 10:16

munschk wrote:If it is demodex, don't worry. It's usually relatively simple to treat (often using a combination of injectable/oral meds, medicated shampoo and/or spot on treatments) and as long as its caught early, is not that harmful to you dog. Your pup should make a full recovery =)

If it's a small area, just on the head, & demodex is confirmed, the vet will often tell you to leave it be & see if it clears up on its own. The medicated shampoos etc are very strong for a pup's skin & shouldn't be used unless absolutely necessary.

Back to top Go down

Post by VanaVigo Wed Jul 11 2012, 10:27

Dear all, thank you for caring!

One vet looked at the scrape right away and she didn't see nothing, so she said that she will put the scrape in some kind oil and let another Vet take a look to see if the other sees anything. Smile

The results are negative!!! Smile Smile it is not demodex nor any other skin desease. Both of them couldn't find anything.
It may be allergy or maybe a flea bite... Donno.
However, he is on antibiotics and we are cleaning the bumpy area with a antiseptic shampoo and it is all better much much now. It is not spreading to other areas of the head.

Thank you all so much for caring.
Smile Smile not worthy l-o-v-e
VanaVigo
VanaVigo

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Vigo
Dog(s) Ages : 12.04.2012.
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down