+4
*Karen*
Kathy
janey
jola139
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Driving to Poland with staffy. - Page 2 Empty Driving to Poland with staffy.

Post by jola139 Tue May 29 2012, 08:19

First topic message reminder :

Hi
We're planning to drive to Poland this summer and of course we're taking Debo. Was just thinking about driving through Europe, can we expect any problems regarding Debo? He's staffy, but not KC registered,his mum is but dad isn't.
jola139
jola139
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Debo
Dog(s) Ages : 7,5 yeras
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 106

Back to top Go down

Driving to Poland with staffy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving to Poland with staffy.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17 2012, 08:47

jola139 wrote:So we are planing to go in August ,we've got the passport. The vet told us to contact the euro tunnel people on the French side. There is no border in Germany so no one will check us it's only France . Defra didn't give me any info,told me to contact French embassy. Will contact the euro tunnel next week and will keep you post it.

Maybe I'm just way too cautious , and think too much about the what ifs ?? Breakdown in Germany , random police check etc . German authorities ar much tougher than France in general (I work for a German company and can spend a lot of time there sometimes)
Hope you get some good news from the Tunnel, if you get anything official in a letter or an email could you please please forward it to us at the forum , you can get my contact details from Steve via the contact staff link or pass on your email address to me Smile

http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/Contact.php

Back to top Go down

Driving to Poland with staffy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Driving to Poland with staffy.

Post by jola139 Sun Jun 17 2012, 10:23

This is a email from Duisburg customs
"You can take a Staffordshire bull terrier with you for a transit through germany. The import from this breed of dog in germany is forbidden. But I think you are travelling through france. Our vet told me, that there are different rules and regulations to allow. Please ask for further informations vour custom.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Im Auftrag
gez. Herr Heming

Stadt Duisburg
Der Oberbürgermeister
32-11-3 Aufgaben nach dem Landeshundegesetz,
Tierschutz , Jagd und Fischereiangelegenheiten

Telefon: +49 203 283 8321
Fax: +49 203 283 8402
E-Mail: m.heming@stadt-duisburg.de"
And in previous email the German embassy told me that they required documents for the verification of the pets and they gave eg of them.
When get the answers from french will post it here
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Mon Jun 18 2012, 16:15

This is the french reply,it didn't say anything I didn't know or I reading it wrong,also there is few webside they gave me in the email but they all in french so it's no help for me.

"Madam,

In response to your email, I inform you that any dog ​​or cat traveling in the EU must be identified, vaccinated against rabies and be accompanied by a European passport provided and completed by a veterinarian.
For more information, contact your Departmental Directorate of Veterinary Services (DDSV).
Directorate General for Health: 01 40 56 52 62
Directorate General of Food: 01.49.55.58.39

Since 1 October 2004, any dog, cat or ferret traveling in the EU with its owner or a commercial basis must be identified, vaccinated against rabies and be in possession of a European passport provided and completed by a veterinarian.

Since July 3, 2011 only the electronic chip is recognized as a means of identification for travel within the EU, except for animals identified by tattoo before that date

A - To come to France with his Cat / Dog / Ferret, from a European Union country

the animal must have:

1 to 1 identification by microchip (transponder).

(Animals identified by tattoo before July 3, 2011 may continue to travel within the EU provided it is clearly legible).

2 to 1 passport issued by a veterinarian authorized by the competent authority attesting to the identification and rabies vaccination of the animal);

3 to 1 rabies vaccination valid (primary vaccination and boosters);

in the case of a primary vaccination, it is considered valid after a period of 21 days.

Caution:

domestic carnivores (dogs, cats, ferrets) aged less than three months AND not vaccinated against

rabies can not be introduced in France.

However, if an animal less than three months is validly vaccinated against rabies in compliance

Protocol into force in the Member State of origin, it may be introduced in France.

B - Important Information

Dogs categorized

The introduction in France of the first group of dogs by their morphological characteristics comparable to

dog breeds Staffordshire terrier, American Staffordshire terrier (pit bulls), Mastiff (boerbulls) and Tosa without being enrolled in a

herd book recognized is banned on French territory.

The introduction in France of the second category of dogs that are dog breeds Staffordshire terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, Rottweiler, Tosa, registered in a studbook and dogs by their morphological characteristics comparable to the Rottweiler breed dogs, not attending herd book, is possible. Once traffic rules and detention of dogs in the second category apply. (More information about this topic: http://www.agriculture.gouv.fr/animaux-de-compagnie)

ID:

If and cats are identified by microchip, the owner or individual who assumes

responsibility of the pet should ensure the readability of the transponder (microchip).

owners of domestic carnivores can see sitedu French Ministry of Agriculture, Food, Fisheries, Rural Affairs and Spatial

territory: http://www.agriculture.gouv.fr/animaux-de-compagnie

I invite you also bring the Departmental Directorate of Veterinary Services Ile-de-France at the following address:

20/32 Rue de Bellevue
7509 Paris
Fax +33 1 53 38 77 70
Email ddsv75agriculture.gouv.

Phone +33 1 53 38 77 68

Finally, you will find useful information, by visiting the website of Customs (then on the website of the Ministry of Agriculture whose address appears on the page linked to our site), at the following address: http: / / www.douane.budget.gouv.fr via the tree below:

Particular, this space is dedicated to you | Travellers, Customs informs you | You arrive in France / EU Driving in pets

Hope these details match your expectations, please accept, Madam, the assurances of my highest consideration.

Regional Inspector, Head of Service
Patrick Leduc"

jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18 2012, 16:17

It doesn't mention X breeds there, does it? Or dogs that you can't prove heritage for? Not all that helpful, really. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Mon Jun 18 2012, 16:21

Will try to call them maybe will tell me more
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18 2012, 16:26

What a nightmare - why can't it be more simple? i dont know

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Mon Jun 18 2012, 17:05

Ok,so called the eorotunnel people,they told to call DEFRA and then they told me to contact eurotunel Crying or Very sad because they gonna be the ones who stop me (if), Really????????? Does any one knows anything or they just getting paid for answering phones???????? And I did as I was told ,contact eurotunnel again and you know what- they told to contact DEFRA because they are regulated by them at wits end This is mad.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by harlou Mon Jun 18 2012, 17:32

Ring Brittany ferries thet will tell you
harlou
harlou
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Driving to Poland with staffy. - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : OLLY
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18 2012, 19:29

I have exported Stafford pups to France before, the last one being 11 mths ago.
I can tell you what was required if it helps.

The pup needed its full puppy jabs ( so make sure your dogs upto date)
Wormed and front lined for ticks and fleas.
Microchipped
Passport
Rabies vaccination and could leave 21 days after this jab.
Plus a fit too travel from the vet 24 hrs before departing.
A young pup out the nest ( so to speak) only needs the 1st rabies jab, but for an older thats returning to the UK then a blood test is needed to check the dogs rabies antibodies before traveling.
These pups are fully KC registered, but pedigrees were not asked for when entering France via the Eurostarr.
One new puppy owner of mine was just waved though with the pup in the car, they did'nt even check all the paper work Surprised

Traveling out of the uk you wont get much problems with the dog, its when you re enter the UK you may hit a brick wall if all that is required by the UK is not met.

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Wed Jun 20 2012, 10:58

OK,reply from brittany ferries
"Dear Anna

Thank you for your email,

I have checked for you and Staffordshire bull terriers are ok, please find below the link for Defra which is the correct page you need for the information.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/dangerous/

Kind Regards

Sarah"
And from eurotunnel
"As far as the journey from Folkestone is concerned, we would advise you to liaise with the French Authorities (French Consulate for ex.) to get confirmation of any restriction that would apply.

As far as the journey from Calais is concerned, as long as your dog is accompanied by an acceptable documentation (i.e. a pet's passport as this seems to be the case here), we would do the control as per normal.

However, Kent Police may want to enforce the law where necessary when customers are driving through frontier.

For more information, please contact DEFRA on www.defra.gov.uk "
Nice,so no one knows nothing but expect it from you
I think I'm going to print all the replies and take them with me ,just need one from DEFRA,and I'm set

jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20 2012, 11:03

Why do they have to make it so diffiucult? Does anybody out there know what anybody else is doing? Did the post below help you at all?

Denise wrote:I have exported Stafford pups to France before, the last one being 11 mths ago.
I can tell you what was required if it helps.

The pup needed its full puppy jabs ( so make sure your dogs upto date)
Wormed and front lined for ticks and fleas.
Microchipped
Passport
Rabies vaccination and could leave 21 days after this jab.
Plus a fit too travel from the vet 24 hrs before departing.
A young pup out the nest ( so to speak) only needs the 1st rabies jab, but for an older thats returning to the UK then a blood test is needed to check the dogs rabies antibodies before traveling.
These pups are fully KC registered, but pedigrees were not asked for when entering France via the Eurostarr.
One new puppy owner of mine was just waved though with the pup in the car, they did'nt even check all the paper work Surprised

Traveling out of the uk you wont get much problems with the dog, its when you re enter the UK you may hit a brick wall if all that is required by the UK is not met.

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Wed Jun 20 2012, 11:05

IT did Caryll,I'm going to that plus letter from the vet and health check 24 h before dep.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20 2012, 11:08

It's an absolute minefield. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by janesmart16 Sun Jul 29 2012, 18:32

Its all very confusing isn't it i have just gave up on trying to find out if i can take my Lab x staff to France then into Germany.It just done my head in on one web site i would read one thing then on another something else.I know read today that the ban has been taken away i n Holland so you can take them there also it looks as though Belgium will except them.Good luck.

janesmart16
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rosie
Dog(s) Ages : 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by jola139 Sun Jul 29 2012, 20:18

Thanks,will tell everything on 10th of August.
jola139
jola139

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29 2012, 20:44

Good luck with your trip hope it all goes well and have a great time

Back to top Go down

Post by TS06 Thu Jan 17 2013, 02:24

Someone asked about the regulations for non pedigree Staffies and why they would encounter problems.

It's because they could be classed as pitbulls. In France, the generic term "pitbull" can be applied under the following conditions:

http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTexte.do;jsessionid=66440731AC0EFCE71D8D9B030977ABEC.tpdjo14v_3?cidTexte=LEGITEXT000005627880&dateTexte=vig

I don't intend to translate it all, but here is a relevant except:

"Dogs group-labelled "pit-bulls" who belong to the 1st category (attack dogs) bear a strong resemblance to the following description:

- small dog of variable colour having a chest circumference of between 60cm (corresponding to a weight of around 18kg) and 80cm (corresponding to a weight of around 40kg). The height of the shoulder blades can go from 35 to 50cm."

French version:

"Les chiens communément appelés "pit-bulls" qui appartiennent à la 1re catégorie présentent une large ressemblance avec la description suivante :

- petit dogue de couleur variable ayant un périmètre thoracique mesurant environ entre 60 cm (ce qui correspond à un poids d'environ 18 kg) et 80 cm (ce qui correspond à un poids d'environ 40 kg). La hauteur au garrot peut aller de 35 à 50 cm"

Because this could be problematic, the bully breeds associations in France do not advise import or even adoption in France, of a non pedigree bully breed dog.

TS06
TS06
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2