Pit Bull Refuses to Leave the Side of His Dead Companion

+2
Kathy
Ben
6 posters

Go down

Pit Bull Refuses to Leave the Side of His Dead Companion Empty Pit Bull Refuses to Leave the Side of His Dead Companion

Post by Guest Tue May 22 2012, 21:43

This one is a real tear jerker!!

Click the link for a video: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/18577506/2012/05/21/dog-refuses-to-leave-side-of-dead-companion

Pit Bull Refuses to Leave the Side of His Dead Companion

Pit Bull Refuses to Leave the Side of His Dead Companion 292274_10150898776878887_818718886_9729199_1898524679_n

Posted: May 21, 2012 8:47 PM EDT
Updated: May 21, 2012 8:47 PM EDT
By Linda Williams, FOX 10 News

PHOENIX - A picture of two pit bulls posted on Facebook has causing quite a stir, especially among animal lovers. One of the dogs is dead, and the other refuses to leave her side.

The female pit bull was hit sometime Friday night, and lay dead on the side of a Phoenix road. The male pit bull wouldn't leave her, so a nearby business set out food and water.

This is the heartbreaking picture that was shared over 200 times on Facebook over the weekend.

He stayed with there nuzzling her and lying nearby until the city came to remove her Saturday morning. It was 14 and half hours.

The story moved one Facebook user in Chicago to tears.

"I was really upset," said Karyn Aspan by phone.

Aspan heard about the story from a friend in Phoenix and has been on a crusade on Facebook ever since. Her major complaint was that the two dogs were left by the side of the street for 14 hours. They deserve better, she says.

"I was so outraged I even called the mayor's office and had posted on Facebook in hopes that the mayor's office would be bombarded with calls."

Animal Care and Control believes the dog has an owner because of the harness on it.

"We picked up this other dog and took him to our east valley shelter where he will stay until the 23rd," said Rodrigo Silva of Animal Care and Control. "Right now it doesn't look like he has any behavioral or health problems."

The male pit bull will be put up for adoption in 72 hours if it doesn't show any health or behavioral problems.

Karyn Aspan continues her crusade all the way from Chicago. She wants to make sure that pit bull gets a good home.

He's a very handsome man and I hope he finds a suitable home soon!! Sad
Pit Bull Refuses to Leave the Side of His Dead Companion Screenshot2012-05-22at43926PM
Pit Bull Refuses to Leave the Side of His Dead Companion Screenshot2012-05-22at43730PM

Back to top Go down

Pit Bull Refuses to Leave the Side of His Dead Companion Empty Re: Pit Bull Refuses to Leave the Side of His Dead Companion

Post by Guest Tue May 22 2012, 21:48

Aw he looks lke he is crying in the second pic! Animals bond so deeply Sad RIP little doggy

Back to top Go down

Pit Bull Refuses to Leave the Side of His Dead Companion Empty Re: Pit Bull Refuses to Leave the Side of His Dead Companion

Post by Ben Tue May 22 2012, 21:57

Makes me want to pick him up. I was just in AZ too...
Ben
Ben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22 2012, 21:59

Sad Poor boy
R.I.P little girly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue May 22 2012, 22:28

Shame I don't live closer, poor girl, sorry couldn't read the link well bring myself to really hope they find him a good home.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 22 2012, 23:41

That is very sad. I hope he finds a good home

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 23 2012, 08:16

Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Wed May 23 2012, 08:19

Crying or Very sad couldnt bring myself to watch the vid Sad

true love that is right there.

RIP sweet girl
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 25 2012, 04:00

He is safe and happy in a foster home now!!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.367442153312111.80434.117645211625141&type=1
Pit Bull Refuses to Leave the Side of His Dead Companion 319838_367442589978734_117645211625141_955308_1576864145_n
Pit Bull Refuses to Leave the Side of His Dead Companion 385581_367442573312069_117645211625141_955307_384728703_n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 25 2012, 06:29

greta news Cat , thanks for the update

Back to top Go down

Post by louloukk Sat May 26 2012, 18:14

He is completely gorgeous so pleased he is safe now in foster home! Smile R.I.P to the female Sad so so sad
louloukk
louloukk
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Charlie - Lola - Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 11 years - 15 months - 8 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male - Female - Female
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sat May 26 2012, 21:20

That really made me happy to hear he was safe in a foster home. Hope they have other dogs for him to play with Love Struck

He certainly is a gorgeous dog xxx cannot understand the original owner not claiming him ?? very odd

Last edited by kathytake2 on Sat May 26 2012, 21:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added further info.)
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by aussiechick Tue Jun 05 2012, 06:51

what a great end to such a sad story... applause
aussiechick
aussiechick
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : junior...and tulip and daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 4 months..12 years and 10 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : male and 2 females
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05 2012, 08:44

Arr poor thing...hope he has got the best home a dog can get
R.I.P to the female
Is strange why the owner didn't come forward

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Mon Jun 25 2012, 18:09

Okay, I have only just read this, I reckon, both dogs belonged to the same owner, and they were both dumped there, the handsome boy with harness on, so to give him a chance. This made me so sad.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down