muzzels....

Go down

muzzels.... Empty muzzels....

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 11:48

I was just wondering everyones opinions on muzzels for extremely DA dogs.....
Its just the other day my neighbour was walking his extremley DA dog in the field on lead near our house. We all no how bad his staff x ridgeback is so if we see him with her then we all tend 2 keep away. To be fair he is very good with her and very sensible if u get what i mean, she is also pretty human aggresive as well to be fair with strangers etc and is constantly trying to protect her imeadiate family ie) mum dad and 2 kids.
Anyway he was walking her in the field when i came in with my 2 also on lead, i didnt notice him to start with but fortunatley didnt let the dogs off the lead straight away like usual, he didnt see me either but Kia did and lunged forward and my neighbour dropped the lead, this is also out of character for my neighbour as he so up to together with handling his bitch etc, anyway she ran straight over and rolled kaos, ty then rolled her and pinned her and it was all a bit of a mess to be honest anyway i grabbed my dogs and he sprinted over and pulled kia away as well. The point im trying to make though is that unless kia had a muzzel on i have absolutley no doubt what so ever she would have seriously injured my dogs and then in turn she may of got bitten her self.

He always walks her with a muzzel on even though she doesnt like it much...i always thought it was a bit cruel espeacially as he never let her off lead but now i no why he does. He also says u never no when an irresponsible owner who doesnt have control of there dogs will let it come bounding up to her without asking first, he said countless times he's had to pull kia behind him and litterally kick the other dog away because the owner is no where to be seen.

What are your opinions...? x

Back to top Go down

muzzels.... Empty Re: muzzels....

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 13:48

I think he is being extremely responsible.

If your dog is that dog agressive (and human agressive especially) then you have to do anything in your power to avoid a catastrophe. A mildly dog agressive dog, though, may not need to be muzzled, especially if it is human friendly, and the owner is responsible.

My own dog can be a complete b****r with other dogs, but only if they are not submissive to him (ie quite a few of them!). I won't muzzle him because I know I can handle/control him. Also there are very few muzzles that properly fit a Bull Terrier's head! If someone allows their dog to approach & I don't know them, then I politely ask them to take the dog away as Dempsey may not be friendly. Then it's up to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 13:55

Yea well i agree, i really cant stress what a good owner this bloke is lol, kia has soooo many serious issues and if it want for him rescuing her she would of been put to sleep. I no his wife finds her hard work she has talked to be a few times about she should of never of let him get her. Dont get me wrong she loves kia as well when they are all in the house to together, its just the second she gets outside shes in proctive and attack mode and she finds it so hard to walk her with the baby in the pushchair as well. She cant have anyone over the house at all beacuse it gets kia so upset. I didnt believe how bad she was at first till i went over and it really was awful kia was crated and she just got herself in such a state no amount of ignoring or treats was gonna work.
I just think its nice to post about a really good staffy owner for a change! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 13:59

There are plenty about, but you only hear about the bad ones! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 16:20

My last staffy as most of ya know was a rescue .. he was highly aggressive towards other dogs let alone random cats walking around the street, however never aggressive towards a person.
Purely for his own welfare aswell as the welfare of other peoples dogs, everytime we took him out for a walk he had a muzzle, strong harness and short lead, he was never allowed to be of the lead either .. purely for the safety of other peoples dogs and to cover our own backs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 16:50

See, told you there were responsible owners out there!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 17:37

Caryll wrote:See, told you there were responsible owners out there!!

Thankyou! Smile .. i remember getting told it was cruel doh lol whats cruel is letting my dog attack another, that dog getting seriously injured if not killed and my dog having to have been put to sleep, Some people aye!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 19:01

I have one for Blue but haven't used it yet Blushing
I think they are good but as you all know too many people cross over to the other side, for some reason people feel more threatened if they see a dog in a muzzel walking towards them.
I don't think it's cruel, just makes the dog look more aggressive. I will have to try Blue with it one day soon to see if it helps. He is only male dog aggressive. Maybe with a muzzle on it might try and approach a male dog in a more friendly manner

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Thu Dec 23 2010, 21:50

I think he is being very responsible too. We have a guy on our fields that walks his boxer cross she is really friendly but he just lets her run up to anybodys dog as if its alright makes no attempt to get her and finds it funny i avoid him like the plague because u get stuck with his dog following u everywhere i dont mind dogs coming up to kaiser but when the owner makes no attempt to get it it is generally annoying when u want to get back home.Anyway to me he is an irresponsibly owner to me but that guy near u sounds like he is very responsible
youngkaiser
youngkaiser
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content