Embarrassment in public

2 posters

Go down

Embarrassment in public Empty Embarrassment in public

Post by Rebecca Sat May 19 2012, 21:40

Let me start by saying Cali is in his teenage years, and on average is is a fairly well behaved dog, He is amazing in the house and on walks he has his off days but don't we all but on average he is good 70% of the time.
My problem is my partner and I love to go to a bar terrace after Cali's walk and have a beer (our little reward after his 1 and 1/2 to 3 hour trek depending on the day) now this is when the drama starts he will not chill, cali lunges at people, eat leaves or whatever else is on the floor, nearly knocks the table over, pulls me out of my chair and worst of all he whines and then it escalates into this sound like he is being strangled....... so our after walk beer turns into a punishment rather than a reward... What can i do?
We have tried ignoring him (little hard when you being dragged after anything in sight), treats, he sits for them but as soon as he has got them he is off again, we have played ball before so he is more tired ... still no result, and the most embarrassing of all i actually caught someone videoing us and Cali's antics today so if you see crazy dog on a bar terrace on youtube its me! HELP! angry
Rebecca
Rebecca
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Cali
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Embarrassment in public Empty Re: Embarrassment in public

Post by Floyd1138 Sat May 19 2012, 21:49

Perhaps he is tired after his 1 - 3 hour walks. I assume you carry water for him? Maybe he just wants to go home and chill on the sofa and sleep lol Big Grin
Floyd1138
Floyd1138
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 20 2012, 00:32

Hasn't he just been neutered?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebecca Sun May 20 2012, 13:41

Hi Caryll,
Yes he has just been neutered, and we are obviously following the vets advice, they told us to carry on his walks as normal but no strenuous exercise, yesterday we took him for a 40 min slow walk then stopped, We live in an apartment so we try to get him out as much as possible. but the incident i have described with him is an ongoing occurrence in fact ever since we got him, be it a park bench, a bar terrace, the beach if we sit down to chill he is having none of it, He is always taken care of with treats water on walks, he doesn't want for anything when we go out, just sometimes i would like him to settle and watch the world go by with me.
Rebecca
Rebecca

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Cali
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content