3 Days and counting

4 posters

Go down

3 Days and counting Empty 3 Days and counting

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20 2010, 21:33

So i only have 3 more sleepless night till I pick up Holly...... Love Struck Love Struck Love Struck Tongues

Then another 4 months of sleepless nights ~angry ~angry Laughing

I have had the cat vet checked and jabbed to ensure he is all up to date and healthy.... given him his flea top spot treatment and all is set.

Clock, warming pad and radio on the ready...
chew toys, crate and collar, tag and treats.....

ANYTHING else peeps.... I only have 1 day off, Friday to get anythign else you can think of .
xxx

I soooooo want to go visit her and have a cuddle but i have the kids with me 24/7 now....

Back to top Go down

3 Days and counting Empty Re: 3 Days and counting

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20 2010, 21:43

To be honest, all you need now is LOADS of love!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20 2010, 21:56

omg how quick has it come I cannot wait for you. Got Milly her christmas stocking cannot wait to see her christmas morning she will be mental Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20 2010, 22:05

I doubt I'll be allowed to come on here on Christmas day, but if I don't, then I hope it goes really well for you & HOLLY settles in nicely!

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon Dec 20 2010, 22:30

Bet your really excited im excited for u Big Grin
youngkaiser
youngkaiser
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21 2010, 09:17

Thanks , Yes i am super excited.
The breeder text me today and said "" 3 more sleeps, not long now"...
she askee me to phone her when the kids went to bed... I was totally stressing out...
She just wanted to let me know that 4 other people who viewed the pups wanted Holly... and even tried to bribe her!!! OMG..
she said that Holly's mum had taught her to go to the toilet on the grass and that she has not messed in the laundry room for over a week Big Grin
She also said that she has a pink baby blanket that she has been putting in her bed with her mums scent on it.. and she is giving that to me...
Holly has been wormed and chipped and looks healthy. She is their Fav so she has been spending time inside with her kids ( 4 and 1 )
I will be on here christmas day or boxing day to post all my pics Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21 2010, 10:09

Oh, she sounds so perfect! Nearly there............

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21 2010, 10:26

Sounds like yr very well prepared! I'm soooo excited for you, I know how I felt, waiting for Charlie. Its worth it in the end! Very hard work at first but it soon settles down. Hope she settles in well for you. She is absolutely adorable Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21 2010, 10:49

Just thought - how are you going to explain you going out early to pick Holly up? Or are you picking her up on Christmas eve after they've gone to bed?

You've probably already said, but I'm too lazy to look through all the posts!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21 2010, 19:49

Awwww! hope all goes well for you! sounds like a fab mommy toilet training her own pup haha cute! ..
i have got vinnies first stocking aswell haha and santa paws has been Surprised haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21 2010, 20:16

Caryll wrote:Just thought - how are you going to explain you going out early to pick Holly up? Or are you picking her up on Christmas eve after they've gone to bed?

You've probably already said, but I'm too lazy to look through all the posts!

I am picking her up at 10pm xmas eve. Breeder is about a 12 min drive so not to far.Our shops are open till midnight!!!! crazy i know.. so if they ask I am just going to say I forgot the apple sauce for the Pork... they know how nan and pop go mental for apple sauce lol....
we have rear access ( no Marty not for latex) to our yard.. so there will be alot of traffic in the back reserve lol.
Their new bikes are being deleivered about pm and locked in the shed and then i will bring Holly thru that way after 10pm when Dan tells me the cost is clear Smile

I cant explaine how exciting it is....

Nor can i thank you all enough for helping me prepare... I am so pleased that i prepared for a puppy this time... not just bought one home on the spare of the moment and thought "crap now what".....
Brandan asked SANTA yesterday for a puppy and I told him "no bloody way, SANTA doesnt bring live stock... end of story."... his poor little face was crushed.... i cant wait to see it christmas morning.

Today I am printing out signs to stick to the floor from their bed rooms.... SHHHHHhhhhhh keep very quiet... there is a special suprise but you must be calm and very very quiet so you dont scare her away Wink... that should do the trick i would think...

2 more sleeps...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21 2010, 21:40

You'll have to stay up with her so she doesn't cry all night & wake the kids! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 05:17

Caryll wrote:You'll have to stay up with her so she doesn't cry all night & wake the kids! Laughing

That is what I am affaird of lol...
Wonder what Dan will say when I toss him out and let her have his side Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 08:49

He's a man.........he'll do as he's told!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 20:44

Caryll wrote:He's a man.........he'll do as he's told!!

PROLLY easier to train a dog i would think! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 22:21

Mel Skora wrote:
Caryll wrote:He's a man.........he'll do as he's told!!

PROLLY easier to train a dog i would think! Big Grin

Hmmmm whats happening? Why has my selective male hearing been turned off?

Im so excited for you. Your kids are gonna be soo made up. What a great xmas present. Your kids will grow up with some of their best memories with your dog being part of so many. thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 22:23

All kids should get the chance to be friends with a dog - and what better dog than a staffy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 22:29

I will never forget the dogs I grew up with. They will always share a special place in my heart. I agree Caryll. My childhood would have been no way near as good if I never had dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Dec 22 2010, 22:31

Caryll wrote:All kids should get the chance to be friends with a dog - and what better dog than a staffy?

I never did, but wouldn't be without now. Proper welling up, its that time of year!! Just let us have (especially me) pics, pics and more pics x
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 22:33

Oh, yes, loads and loads of them! Especially the kids' reaction to her!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 22:36

BlueStaffBlue wrote:I will never forget the dogs I grew up with. They will always share a special place in my heart. I agree Caryll. My childhood would have been no way near as good if I never had dogs

I totally agree We always had dogs as kids but got my best mate Sabre GS when i was 15 he watched me cry over my first love, celebrated all my achivements and even helped me to bed when i had ad one to many we lost him when he was 14 I still have is collar and lead and will never part with them they are priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 22:39

I didn't have a dog till I was nearly 14, though I'd badgered my parents for one since i was about 3 or 4! She was my best friend - I learnt so much from her & got bitten by the 'obedience bug' for many years! Like you, she saw me cry over my first lost love & helped me more than once when I'd had one over the eight!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 22:51

My favorite was a GSD called Blue. My mum got him a week before I was born. My mum said he used to share his bone with me when I was a baby Laughing
He dies when I was 15. Don't think I've ever cried as long and hard as when I lost him.
Got our staffy in Aug this year and nipped the shop, when I got back the kids had named him Blue and asked if it was ok. My kids don't know about my first dog so how could I turn down such a great name

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 22:53

Aw, that's so sweet!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 22:58

BlueStaffBlue wrote:My favorite was a GSD called Blue. My mum got him a week before I was born. My mum said he used to share his bone with me when I was a baby Laughing
He dies when I was 15. Don't think I've ever cried as long and hard as when I lost him.
Got our staffy in Aug this year and nipped the shop, when I got back the kids had named him Blue and asked if it was ok. My kids don't know about my first dog so how could I turn down such a great name

I belive in fate that was Blues way of sending you a message that he is fine and that your new dog was fine to, well that what I think sad old me Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 23:01

Im a sado too then cos I thought it was a little message. Think I had a big smile on my face when they said can we call him Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 22 2010, 23:14

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Im a sado too then cos I thought it was a little message. Think I had a big smile on my face when they said can we call him Blue

I would have had a smile to dont think I would ov got away with calling Milly Sabre tho tbh Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23 2010, 03:51

Yep I think kids learn alot from dogs.

1...... 1.......1 more sleep to go... and then i guess a long long day till 10pm when i go get her..
Bought her some puppy food today. not cheap but who cares.
I think it worked out more than my meat and veg for the holidays pmsl

Bought the naughty little kitty some chicken necks too... rascal he is shreading the christmas paper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23 2010, 07:47

Mel Skora wrote:Yep I think kids learn alot from dogs.

1...... 1.......1 more sleep to go... and then i guess a long long day till 10pm when i go get her..
Bought her some puppy food today. not cheap but who cares.
I think it worked out more than my meat and veg for the holidays pmsl

Bought the naughty little kitty some chicken necks too... rascal he is shreading the christmas paper

They dont come cheap do they Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23 2010, 10:39

No they don't. But it is very important to give her the best start. How long till I can give her some chicken necks etc? I bought some for Archie and he won't eat them !!!
I won't sleep a wink tonight
Can't believe it is almost time
Thanks everyone for putting up with me Smile
I will be sure to upload a small video on Xmas eve Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23 2010, 10:46

Re: the chicken necks. Wait till she's settled & make sure she's happy with people around her when she eats, so she doesn't try to bolt it down in one! I'd say once she's around 10-12 weeks old you can safely give them to her. For a while you'll have to watch her to make sure she chews them properly. Once she has her adult teeth coming through you can give her bones such as lamb nechk/spine/ribs which will help her to loosen the puppy teeth.

I take it you're not considering feeding her raw? If not, then the bones can be an occasional treat, if you are, then they'll form an important part of her daily food.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23 2010, 12:53

Mel I'm soooo excited for you! You're gonna love having a puppy around. It'll be completely crazy of course but its the best. Your kids are gonna flip when they see her. Wish I could be a fly on your wall on xmas morning! We want lots of pics. I've been slack and havent put any recent ones on of Charlie cos my youngest daughter's been poorly but I'll get some on soon. Love puppy pics Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by burties35 Thu Dec 23 2010, 14:47

Ooo i've just read all the posts and I got very emotional.

I wasn't allowed a dog at home but as soon as I moved out (21) I had my first staff Ally she died at the age of 1 though of heart failure not sure why but vet reckoned it must have been weak from birth crying Then Biddy and now Bodhi collecting 3rd Jan. Wouldn't be without now correction Couldn't be without now.

Good luck with Holly the kids will be so so pleased just the sight of their faces will make it all worth while.

xxxx
burties35
burties35
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
3 Days and counting Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bodhi
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23 2010, 21:05

TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23 2010, 21:34

TODAY!!!!!!!! 10 hours to be exact.... man finally it is here...
now i just have to get thru the day and dinner with the inlaws ( woudl rather give birth)
and then at 10pm i get to go get here....

OK Q's time....

Will she be ok in the cat carrier? cause i cant leave the kids home alone for that long?.....
Should i take my sister with me ( she is the dog whisperer) to hold her instead?

STUPID STUPID breeder let her eat wet food!!!!!!!! not happy jan....

DO they need puppy milk? cause i didnt buy any???

Thanks Guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23 2010, 21:38

Actually, Mel, to us in the UK it's still TOMORROW you pick her up!lol!

A lot of people give puppy milk, but you don't need to. I'd be more inclined to get a little goats milk - it's cheaper & that's basically what puppy milk is, anyway!

The cat carrier should be fine as long as she can turn around & get comfortable. She won't be in it that long anyway!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23 2010, 21:44

oh yeah My son had to have goats milk cause it was easier for his little body to digest.. so i can buy some of that.

Yeah i keep forgettign that you guys are behind us.. Tongues

I am having an easy day today... just chillin and cleaning.. my kids are going to a friends place for an hour while i do last min things like go finalise their bikes etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Thu Dec 23 2010, 21:44

Aww this is really nice what a suprise for your kids we all wish we could be there when they find her. There is nothing nicer than a dog and children the bond is amazing. My 2 love my youngest son hes 22 now hes away a lot and when he comes home they go mental Big Grin
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23 2010, 21:47

Yes, my son, who never wanted a dog (especially one whose head looked like a sheep!) is totally inseperable from Dempsey now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 23 2010, 23:45

Mel dont forget the pics Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24 2010, 08:54

Have you got her yet Mel? How is she? Hope she hasn't woken your kids up! Pics please!! You're prob asleep by now. Its almost 9am here now, not sure what time that makes it in Oz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24 2010, 10:32

Mel's getting a dog?????
No one tells me anything anymore!!!! banghead

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24 2010, 10:49

Lol Blue. Typical male, never pays attention! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24 2010, 12:16

Shontelle wrote:Have you got her yet Mel? How is she? Hope she hasn't woken your kids up! Pics please!! You're prob asleep by now. Its almost 9am here now, not sure what time that makes it in Oz.

11 hours in front of us, so it's Christmas night now!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24 2010, 13:05

Aw bless, I wonder what Mel's kids made of Holly. Bet they loved her! Hope you've had a lovely day Mel and you and your family are enjoying your new addition!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24 2010, 13:09

Hello,
it is midmight here.. all presents are wrapped and under the tree.
pics to follow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 24 2010, 13:14

Caryll wrote:
Shontelle wrote:Have you got her yet Mel? How is she? Hope she hasn't woken your kids up! Pics please!! You're prob asleep by now. Its almost 9am here now, not sure what time that makes it in Oz.

11 hours in front of us, so it's Christmas night now!!

Ooops, I can't add up, it was only Christmas EVE night!!!

Mel Skora wrote:Hello,
it is midmight here.. all presents are wrapped and under the tree.
pics to follow

Don't forget to let us know how you get on!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25 2010, 13:15

Hey ALL...... Everythign went so well... I have posted 1000000 pics and many more to come lol
She is really a great little girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down