food obsessed

4 posters

Go down

food obsessed Empty food obsessed

Post by Taryn Mon May 14 2012, 13:35

Romeo is shocking about food. he is obsessed. it doesnt matter what you are eating... he watches you like a HAWK! He sits on your feet and drools and licks his lips, it can be very off putting for some people. I'm used to it but still. He will eat.. anything, JUST ANYTHING. he trys to eat bottle lids (i have found strange platic in his poo some days) and chewed up OLD HARD bubble gum, gum is the worst... as there is so much on the ground in the city. Any little thing on the ground must be inspected to see if he can eat it, even if he has just been fed.
I can have a pen in my hand and he needs to see if its eatable.
I often wonder, if i was to just keep feeding him, how much it would take to make him completely full.. or if he would just exsplode!

Please tell me your dog is a food-aholic too, because none of romeos siblings are this obsessed

food obsessed _MG_2185-1
Taryn
Taryn
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

food obsessed Empty Re: food obsessed

Post by Buster's_Mum Mon May 14 2012, 13:41

Laughing I like the picture! Buster isn't too bad, although he will watch the children for any dropped crumbs if they are eating, but LuLu is a nightmare. You would think that a little dog would be fussy, but no one has told LuLu that. She will eat ANYTHING, and if you're eating she will sit and stare at you shaking with anticipation. She has never been fed from our plates, and I have taught her to go on her bed while we eat as I hate being watched while eating, but she still lies there, staring and shaking! lol. She is three years old now, and hasn't improved at all since getting her as a pup.
Buster's_Mum
Buster's_Mum
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
food obsessed Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Buster, LuLu (chinese crested)
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months, 3 1/2 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14 2012, 13:43

Laughing

billy is a bit, but we tell him to go in his bed and if he looks we click our fingers seems to work, dont know if the right thing to do, but if it bothers you, you need to nip it in the bud and stop it

Back to top Go down

Post by eogh Mon May 14 2012, 13:44

Love it Big Grin
eogh
eogh
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Mimi and Penny
Dog(s) Ages : 2 years old and 10months
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Mon May 14 2012, 13:44

by the time your finished eating, your shoes have just had a bath from Romeos drool!, his eyes get so big and he licks his face, you cant escape him. he will climb over people and any thing in his way to get to some one if he hears even paper or platic russle
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Mon May 14 2012, 13:45

we try shooing him, scolding him, even putting him away, doesnt stop him. And when he is waiting for his own food... oh god does he whine like i'm killing him.
It doesnt bother me really, bothers some of my friends though XD
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14 2012, 14:08

Mine used to be bad for it but we put a stop 2 it as i found it extremley irritating! Espeacially when the kids were eating.....
They have gone completley the opposite now, as soon as we get something to eat they completley ignore us or take themselves out of the room, they know they will get treats that way! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14 2012, 14:50

I don't let dogs stare at me when I'm eating. It doesn't bother me, but it isn't polite. I make them go & lie down elsewhere!

My Border Collies used to go & lie down & if they lifted their heads up I used to say "head" and they'de put their heads down again! Big Grin

Dempsey is told to lay down, away from people's feet. If he gets up I put him out of the room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 14 2012, 23:49

Suki was exactly like that when we got her. She even used to try to snatch our food from us. Than she would look over the back of the couch and stare at us but now she will go lie down.

Now if we leave a plate of food unattended where she can reach it she will still help herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Tue May 15 2012, 09:53

romeo has snatched food before, it was VERY EMBARESSING as he at a whole GARLIC ROLL! snatched the whole roll from his hands as we were opening it and ate it in two mouthfulls. it was like watchinga snake eat!
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Tue May 15 2012, 10:09

Ledger is obsessed you wouldn't believe the random places where he has found slices of bread in the park and he loves hoovering haribo, one day he came trotting back to me with a tube of love heart sweets and while still out of reach he subsequently unwrapped them ate the sweets and dropped the wrapper on my feet

I always eat on the sofa infront of the TV at home and he will curl up and sleep next to me when I do he doesn't fuss but when I'm at my parents he will rest his head on my arm and will try and take from the plate he is then banished to the floor and he he keeps on then he is shut out in the conservatory I guess that this is because he believes he has competition from my parents dog but neither get anything from plates
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Tue May 15 2012, 13:23

Romeo trys to eat the dried up nasty bread crumbs for duck... and old chewed bubble gum, its disgusting
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 15 2012, 13:27

Romeo wrote:romeo has snatched food before, it was VERY EMBARESSING as he at a whole GARLIC ROLL! snatched the whole roll from his hands as we were opening it and ate it in two mouthfulls. it was like watchinga snake eat!

Don't feel bad Suki got an entire spahgetti dinner once. She knew she was bad but saw her opportunity and went for it. She went right to her crate afterwards though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down