A history lesson from someone that lived on a different planet ???

2 posters

Go down

A history lesson from someone that lived on a different planet ??? Empty A history lesson from someone that lived on a different planet ???

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 08:27

Found this randomly whilst looking for bandanas Smile
A girl had made a comment on Staffies and why are they shunned and how hers would never hurt a fly (like we all know) this turned into a conversation about PitBulls and this person who owns PitBulls decides to give a history lesson , so apparently the staffy is an american descendent of the pitbull , have I missed something along the way or do we have 2 parallel planets where everything is different ?? Also don't like his negative comments on Pitbulls either !!

"it is what it is whether you like it nor not pits are one of the most hated breeds in america and i will tell you why. Pits are unpredictable. Pits are very powerful. Pits are scary looking. Pits are protective. especially protective of children. I have two pit bulls of my own and no i would still never approach anybody Else's pits because the breed is unpredictable and they do not display the same body language as other dogs. I will NEVER approach a pit who is with their child family member due to their instinct to protect children. There are two types of pits in this world and you never know which type is bred into the particular pit in question. A pit with bad breeding or "sporting blood lines" may have an extreme high prey drive and be unpredictable. As a pit bull owner you have decided to live with all the stereotypes, special treatment, dirty looks and you have decided to take on more responsibility then if you owned a golden retriever. basically it is what it is so learn to live with it or get a labrador.

back in 1900 there were two strains of these dogs developed from the Staffordshire, a "registrable show strain" and a "fighting dog strain". The show strain was labeled the "American Staffordshire", while the fighting dog strain was labeled the "American Pit Bull Terrier". The "pit bull" is the same breed strain as "staffies". Think about the quarter horse and the paint horse. They are the same yet different. You can register a staffie as a pit bull through a pit bull registry. why? because they from the same strain. and just so everyone knows the pit bull is not recognized by akc or ukc because it was started as a fighting dog and they dont have the physical characteristics set by the akc or ukc for the breed standards. the "pit bull" registries were started by the 'godfather of dog fighting" and the registries were started as a place where dog fighters would list their "fight stats" and "sell" and "breed" this fighting strain of staffies known now as pit bulls. when fighting was banned in the Uniteded states in early 1900's these "fight records" became a "breed registry" to cover it up and still keep track of the fighting blood lined such as 'colby, jeep and zebo" are some of the bloods lines created by the godfather of dog fighting and these lines were created for fighting and fighting only. there is a lot of history behind the staffie and pit bull so please educate through the "history of the breed" before owning one and you will know what to expect from others and the breed.
The AKC did register pit bulls in 1936. They changed the name to Staffordshire Terrier, and later, when they divided the breed again into two separate breeds, they changed it to American Staffordshire terrier and Staffordshire bull terrier."

Hmmm... yet from Wikipedia I quote "The breed attained recognition to The Kennel Club on 25 May 1935. The Staffordshire Bull Terrier Club was formed in June 1935" Interesting time slip there !!

Back to top Go down

A history lesson from someone that lived on a different planet ??? Empty Re: A history lesson from someone that lived on a different planet ???

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 09:37

What a whole load of absolute crap. Is there no hope that people will eventually get facts right?: Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

A history lesson from someone that lived on a different planet ??? Empty Re: A history lesson from someone that lived on a different planet ???

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 09:46

AKC his referring to the American Kennel club, not our English one.
I have no idea what dates they were registered in the USA.

But i do know the pit came from the original old type UK stafford.

Amstaffs ( American Staffordshire bull terriers) as far as i'm aware can carry duel registrations in the USA.
An Amstaff is just the show version to a Pit bull. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Fri May 11 2012, 09:49

pits was from bull and terrier Tongues and when people move over to american they didn't enough stock so they crossbreed their lines with other terriers to make the american pitbull terrier.

yes some amstaffy can be registered under american staffordshire terrier and pitbulls but i think ben said AKC are trying to stop it

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 11:05

I will assume it was an american who gave that lesson. Somehow even though america is only about 400 years old, they invented basicallly everything since bacteria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Fri May 11 2012, 11:50

oh god... epic eye roll at that one.
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 12:02

Denise wrote:AKC his referring to the American Kennel club, not our English one.
I have no idea what dates they were registered in the USA.

But i do know the pit came from the original old type UK stafford.

Amstaffs ( American Staffordshire bull terriers) as far as i'm aware can carry duel registrations in the USA.
An Amstaff is just the show version to a Pit bull. Smile

The pit bull can be registered with the UKC but not the AKC. The AKC registers American Staffordshire Terriers. Some dogs are registered as APBTs with the UKC and as ASTs with the AKC.

The APBT (and therefore the AST) originated from the Bull & Terrier dogs that were taken to the USA by British immigrants. However, they weren't Staffordshire Bull Terriers as the breed (as such) wasn't around at that time. These Bull & Terriers were then crossed with fighting dogs already in the USA to create the APBT.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 11 2012, 20:42

at wits end

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 13 2012, 10:13

Good summary there Caryll. I just wish people would do research for themselves then would be able to know crap when the read it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down