Does your dog really really hate the rain????

+10
Taryn
Buster's_Mum
EvilGenius
StaffyBull-T
Kathy
StuW
Gazagem
sid_wolf
Steve
Pollyanna
14 posters

Go down

Does your dog really really hate the rain???? Empty Does your dog really really hate the rain????

Post by Pollyanna Wed May 09 2012, 19:26

Do all staffies hate the rain? I can't get Lily to go outside for love nor money - she hasn't been for hours now, how long can she actually last? worried
Pollyanna
Pollyanna
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Does your dog really really hate the rain???? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Lily
Dog(s) Ages : 2?
Dog Gender(s) : Girlie
Support total : 39

Back to top Go down

Does your dog really really hate the rain???? Empty Re: Does your dog really really hate the rain????

Post by Steve Wed May 09 2012, 19:33

yea my hate the rain but they get drag out

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Does your dog really really hate the rain???? Empty Re: Does your dog really really hate the rain????

Post by Guest Wed May 09 2012, 19:45

Mine doesn't seem to mind it one bit. But she will not walk through a puddle, but would walk into a river up to her chest. Weird dog i have..

Back to top Go down

Post by sid_wolf Wed May 09 2012, 19:54

Diesel doesnt care, but to be fair he doesnt have much of a choice lol
sid_wolf
sid_wolf
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Wed May 09 2012, 19:59

Both mine hate the rain and will hold all day and yes they walk round puddles in the road but love the river and pond which apears in the park when it's been raining for ages
Skye will also jump in the bath she loves it although I think it's all the fuss she gets buster will put up with a bath but prefers not to have one
Very strange dogs lol
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Wed May 09 2012, 20:07

Equi wrote:Mine doesn't seem to mind it one bit. But she will not walk through a puddle, but would walk into a river up to her chest. Weird dog i have..

Bailey's the exact same lmao! If it's a big puddle, it looks as if he tip toes through it Laughing
StuW
StuW

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey, Sierra
Dog(s) Ages : 8th Sep 2011, 12th Sept 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 09 2012, 20:21

Oh, i'm not the only one then! good good Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed May 09 2012, 20:24

At our local park there is a giant puddle that I have named Mowsbury Lake it is huge. We have to drive through this at speed for Rocky so the car makes a huge splash he absolutely loves it. Even as we get close to the park he starts to get so excited he make that excited yappy sound.

Then we go for a walk but only after we have been to the lake to splash about in it. Then when we leave we have to drive through it again because it is sooo exciting.

Sometimes I think I have a 4 year old son not a 2 year old dog, easy mistake to make obviously. Laughing
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Wed May 09 2012, 22:15

Scared to ask but does anyone use a waterproof jacket - on the dog I mean Laughing
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 09 2012, 22:20

Dempsey likes the rain - jumps around in it like a pup! But try to walk him through a small puddle & he digs his heels in & won't budge! Laughing

Pollyanna wrote:Scared to ask but does anyone use a waterproof jacket - on the dog I mean Laughing

I've got a raincoat for Dempsey but I only use it if I'm going to work (he comes with me) because otherwise there's a terrible smell of wet dog in my office!

Back to top Go down

Post by StaffyBull-T Wed May 09 2012, 22:33

Honestly, my old dogs were all fearless.
My last lad didn't mind, but didn't have a choice either.
StaffyBull-T
StaffyBull-T
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 09 2012, 23:53

Pollyanna wrote:Scared to ask but does anyone use a waterproof jacket - on the dog I mean Laughing

We've got a rain jacket for Suki which keeps her mostly dry until she jumps into a puddle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Thu May 10 2012, 07:53

Finally got her to do a wee after her going for hours without - just got up and had the same battle getting her out again - its getting to be a bl**dy ordeal. So I picked her up and plonked her outisde then had a mad dash to make sure I got in first - just. She was not happy dog Sad

Definitely getting a jacket for walks though, I notice there is a we.bsite that makes staffie coats to order from the dogs own measurements. She only looks 12" from the ground but wide (still not cinvinced she's not a pot bellied pig!) so not sure if I could get one to fit just taking pot luck. Smile

p.s. Don't believe it - rain just gone off!
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 10 2012, 08:20

billy hates the rain and will hold it for ages, we bought him a waterproof jacket thinking we would crack it, well he just stands there in it and wont budge and inch

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Thu May 10 2012, 08:26

Thanks Lynne - I thought I had a plan. Oh joy!! Rolling Eyes
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilGenius Thu May 10 2012, 08:44

Thomas is the same .. HATES the rain. We got him a coat for walking though. He looks ridiculous but is much happier.
Its by a company called 3Peaks. Really lightweight, windproof, waterproof, nice fleecy lining.. Cost less than a tenner. BOOM!

bounce
EvilGenius
EvilGenius

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Thomas
Dog(s) Ages : 1
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Buster's_Mum Thu May 10 2012, 09:25

Buster doesn't mind the rain, I think that may be down to him being brought up outside though so he is used to it. He's not so keen on hailstones! Lol. We got caught out in a really heavy hailstorm a few weeks ago and he kept walking, but was also looking up at me with a sad face. I tried to sheild him from it the best I could till we found some shelter to wait for it to pass. He will run around and splash in puddles and has had a bit of a paddle in the river but not very deep, but he hates the bath or shower! I end up as wet as him.

LuLu hates the rain and will put off going out in it for as long as possible (we have to watch her when the weather is bad as she will go in the house if she thinks we're not looking) I have got her a coat and everything but it doesn't make any difference, I don't think she likes it on her face. She also hates bath time which you would think she would be used to as she's had one every week for the last 3 years
Buster's_Mum
Buster's_Mum

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Buster, LuLu (chinese crested)
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months, 3 1/2 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Fri May 11 2012, 11:56

Romeo hates rain with a PASSION!
He cries when i try to drag him out, tucks his tail up and walks hunched with his head down. he avoids all puddles. he will try and take shelter under... ANYTHING and the whole time we walk he practically walks ontop of me and trying to get me to pick him up... he is shocking! and we have the rainy season here now.... joy
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pollyanna Fri May 11 2012, 12:21

OMG, poor Romeo - and you Sad
Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Taryn Fri May 11 2012, 12:30

i love him.. but some days...i'm like what is wrong with you Laughing
Taryn
Taryn

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Romeo
Dog(s) Ages : 27.09.2011
Support total : 207

http://tehotassundynamiitti.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxien78 Fri May 11 2012, 13:34

Sapphire hated it at first, but over her 9 months of life she has gotten used to it. She would still prefer not to go out in it though. BUT going out in the rain has helped us when it comes to bathing her. We use the shower head rather than fill the bath up. she used to crawl up the walls and howl and cry when we bathed her, but now she just gets a little nervous and goes along with it.
Maxien78
Maxien78
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Sapphire
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by micheled Fri May 11 2012, 18:01

Callie will not potty in the rain. She looks at us reproachfully until we go back in, even takes her lead in her mouth and starts walking back torward the door, then promptly pees in the house Crying or Very sad Little coat helps but still a problem.

Of COURSE, she loves the shower, our little water fountain in the yard, and the sprinkler.
micheled
micheled

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Fri May 11 2012, 18:18

Ledger also hates the rain and avoids puddles if it rains while we were out he will just turn to go home or sit and refuse to go any further. He too has one of the cheap 3peaks coats from P@H and he is much happier to go out in the rain with it on
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee Sat May 12 2012, 09:00

Troy doesn't like he rain, he would sit in the porch and not come out. Just had to drag him out to be honest and now though he probably still doesn't like the rain he will come out when it's raining now.

Gee

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down