4 Month Set Backs PLEASE ADVISE

Go down

4 Month Set Backs PLEASE ADVISE Empty 4 Month Set Backs PLEASE ADVISE

Post by head Tue May 08 2012, 22:23

So, Milos 4 months now. Training going well, got Milo into puppy school (top of the class in my opinion), heel and walking off lead perfect and starting to see the bond with Milo and my wee boy Aidan (see Staffy vs Baby video). Problem i have is that Milo has started peeing in his crate, on his everyday bed and any blankets put down for him. Its only little amounts and very frequent and he doesn't mind lying on it. Wondering if he's scent marking because it doesn't matter if he's only just walked in the door from a walk or if he's been sitting chewing his bone for half an hour. Do hormones affect male dogs aswell and at this age?
head
head
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Milo
Dog(s) Ages : 12 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

4 Month Set Backs PLEASE ADVISE Empty Re: 4 Month Set Backs PLEASE ADVISE

Post by Guest Tue May 08 2012, 23:43

He should be teething at that age and the behaviour could be attributed to pain. Make sure he has plenty of frozen treats like sliced carrots, sweet potatos or a frozen kong to help with the pain.

He is also scent marking so you need to remove the smell completly to discourage the behaviour.

It's also possible he either needs a little more exercise or mental stimulation such as an extra training session or a game of find the hidden treat to tire him out.

Back to top Go down