Guesses on what will be Hiccup's adult shoulder width!

Go down

Guesses on what will be Hiccup's adult shoulder width! Empty Guesses on what will be Hiccup's adult shoulder width!

Post by munschk Sun May 06 2012, 07:12

Another very random question but I am having a kennel made for Hiccup but as I know he will be a rather stocky instead of tall dog, I've asked them to custom make the entrance for me.

So what I need from you guys if you don't mind is the width of your adult male Staffie's shoulders. Hiccup is currently 11.4kg at just over 5 months of age. We think he should mature to around 20-25kg, judging by his current growth and the size of his father.

Pretty please, won't all you male Staffie owners give me an estimate =)
munschk
munschk
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Hiccup
Dog(s) Ages : 24 November 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 51

Back to top Go down

Guesses on what will be Hiccup's adult shoulder width! Empty Re: Guesses on what will be Hiccup's adult shoulder width!

Post by Guest Sun May 06 2012, 07:57

Im not 2 sure, kenny is a year old and still growing, I think he's hit his height, but aparently will get a little stockyer. I'd make it a wide entrance, it's allways difficult to predict, as they grow until their about 18 months i think, if im wrong tho, im sure some1 will correct me. x

Back to top Go down

Guesses on what will be Hiccup's adult shoulder width! Empty Re: Guesses on what will be Hiccup's adult shoulder width!

Post by Guest Sun May 06 2012, 08:56

They carry on growing wider till they are 3 years old, so someone with an older dog should ne able to measure as Billy is only 18 months

Back to top Go down

Post by munschk Sun May 06 2012, 09:15

The guy who makes the kennels says that 30cm covers most dogs but he can make it up to 40cm, 40cm sounds like it should be fine, doesnt it? Worst case scenario and he gets too big, we can do either get a new kennel or make the entrance wider ourselves.
munschk
munschk

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 06 2012, 13:16

40cm ??? he'd still get through their with shoulder pads on unless you decide to give him some steroids Smile He's a beauty BTW and really love the name Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by munschk Sun May 06 2012, 14:05

davemck3834 wrote:40cm ??? he'd still get through their with shoulder pads on unless you decide to give him some steroids Smile He's a beauty BTW and really love the name Love Struck

Hahaha, am I over-compensating now? Do you think the standard 30cm will be fine? Thanks for the compliments on Hiccup, he is my everything XD
munschk
munschk

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down