how much should i bet feeding my puppy?

Go down

how much should i bet feeding my puppy? Empty how much should i bet feeding my puppy?

Post by raverhayley Fri Dec 17 2010, 15:36

hi i have a 10 week old male called Bruiser, he is quite big for hes age!
how much should i be feeding him? im getting told different by people! im stressing im not giving him enough or over feeding!

he has 1 1/2 weetabix with goats milk for brekkie, bowl of bakers puppy dry food at lunch and usually a chicken breast with a few treats for dinner

is this enough?
raverhayley
raverhayley
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

how much should i bet feeding my puppy? Empty Re: how much should i bet feeding my puppy?

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17 2010, 16:12

Well, I wouldn't recommend either the wheatabix or the baker's, but if that's what you're feeding him, ok.

Is your pup lively? Does he have bright eyes & a glossy coat? Can you feel his ribs with just a gentle pressure, but not see the? If yes to all of these, then your feeding him enough!

Back to top Go down

how much should i bet feeding my puppy? Empty Re: how much should i bet feeding my puppy?

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17 2010, 16:15

Hiya. Bakers is not a great choice. It has more additives in than nutrients. I too have a 10 week old puppy, he has 2 small handfuls of wainwrights dry food 4 times a day. I put a raw egg in his breakfast once a week and he's also eating tripe and chicken wings cos I want to get him on a raw diet. When I give him the meat, I decrease the amount of dry food he has at that meal. Please rethink your choice of dry food tho, Bakers really isnt good for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17 2010, 16:15

Forgot to say, my pup is also very big for his age Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17 2010, 18:36

it is recommended that pups weaned to 3 months should be fed 4 times a day, if your pups weight is .5kg his daily calorie in take should be 125-334, if he is 1.5kg it should be 334-574. if hes 2.7kgs it should be 574-943, if hes 5.5kg it should be 943-1384. some things to bear in mind with regard to your dogs feeding regimen.a nutritional balance, provided by many commercial dog foods, is vital, avoid feeding a one sided all meat diet. Variety in the kinds of meat, (beef lamb, chicken, liver) or cereal grains wheat oats, corn that you offer your dog is of secondary importance compared to the balance or completeness of dietary components

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 17 2010, 18:49

as i have said above feed your pup 4 times day,

8am. milky meal. the milk should be at blood heat and can be served on cereal- weetabix and similar, the baby food far-ex is excellent and so is light porridge.

12noon. meat meal, good quality lean meat- shin of beef, chopped small or shredded, but not minced as this does not allow the stomach juices full play, make some warm gravy with oxo or similar and pour it over the meat which have been mixed with biscuit meal such as rusks, or bread that has been baked in an oven. boiled vegetable liquid can replace the gravy at times. never feed vegetables themselves to a pup under 6 months of age.

4.30pm warm milk or gravy over rusks.

8pm. repeat as for the noon meal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 19 2010, 15:33

It should say on the packaging of the food you buy how much is accurate for what ever your dogs weighs, at such a young a pup he should be on good puppy brand three/four times a day and then you can treat with weatabix/goats milk along side his daily "DOG food" blunt but he may be bigger than normal because he on quite a fatty diet by the sounds of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 19 2010, 16:08

MissRogue wrote:It should say on the packaging of the food you buy how much is accurate for what ever your dogs weighs, at such a young a pup he should be on good puppy brand three/four times a day and then you can treat with weatabix/goats milk along side his daily "DOG food" blunt but he may be bigger than normal because he on quite a fatty diet by the sounds of it.
Not necessarily. My pup is the same age and is big and its nothing to do with his diet. He was the biggest in the litter by quite a large margin and has just been getting bigger and stronger ever since.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 19 2010, 18:44

Shontelle wrote:
MissRogue wrote:It should say on the packaging of the food you buy how much is accurate for what ever your dogs weighs, at such a young a pup he should be on good puppy brand three/four times a day and then you can treat with weatabix/goats milk along side his daily "DOG food" blunt but he may be bigger than normal because he on quite a fatty diet by the sounds of it.
Not necessarily. My pup is the same age and is big and its nothing to do with his diet. He was the biggest in the litter by quite a large margin and has just been getting bigger and stronger ever since.

Thats why i said may be

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down