5 month staffy with insatiable thirst

Go down

5 month staffy with insatiable thirst Empty 5 month staffy with insatiable thirst

Post by keeper1980 Sat Apr 28 2012, 21:35

I have a 5 month staffy that has an insatiable thirst. I cant take him out for a walk in the rain because he will lick the ground dry. he seems to sense where there is puddles and will make dashes for drains at the side of the road. We set bowls of water down for him in the house and he licks them dry every time. I have become worried so he was checked out by our vet and has been cleared of any diabetes or kidney problems.

Any ideas ???

keeper1980
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

5 month staffy with insatiable thirst Empty Re: 5 month staffy with insatiable thirst

Post by Guest Sun Apr 29 2012, 00:41

Hi & welcome to the forum.

Has he always been like this or is it recent?

Back to top Go down

5 month staffy with insatiable thirst Empty Re: 5 month staffy with insatiable thirst

Post by Guest Sun Apr 29 2012, 02:06

Hi and welcome from us and Suki. If this is a recent behaviour change I would pop into the vets just to be safe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 29 2012, 09:46

If he has access to water at all times it really isn't normal to be drinking so much , I would ask the Vet to take another look into it and if you are not happy get all the information you can regarding tests etc already done with your Vet and take him to another for a second opinion voicing your concerns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down