Disgusting!

2 posters

Go down

Disgusting! Empty Disgusting!

Post by lmjc90 Mon Apr 23 2012, 09:24

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4273000/I-hid-camera-and-caught-this-care-home-thug-beating-up-my-mum.html

how could you do that to a poor old woman!!!!! the saying "Respect Your Elders" comes to mind .... they really need to look into this a hell of alot been seeing more story about poor elder woman and men being beat up and moved about like a ragdoll! I used to look after my nana with my dad who had alzhemiers and no matter how bad it got i never once felt like doing anything like these t**ts do!
lmjc90
lmjc90
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Scarlett
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 20

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001801581232  More and

Back to top Go down

Disgusting! Empty Re: Disgusting!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23 2012, 10:08

i know all to well about this type of thing as we actually had this happen top us with my nanna.
she started getting bruises on her arms and legs and once even a black eye
and a care worker said she falls and bumps into a lot of things(she had moter nuiron desiese at the time )and we knew this not to be true as she was very good at communication with her eyes we challenged the care home staff with this and they had an investigation into the matter and he was found not to be at fault but still let go from his job(covered up)we tried with a civil case but had no hard facts as my nanna had passed away

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Mon Apr 23 2012, 10:12

Sorry to hear that warren Sad my nana passed away a few years back but we never put her into care or got a carer because we didn't trust them she had a nurse that stopped by everyday but it was mainly
Me and my dad who cared for her Smile
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23 2012, 10:17

I think some of the 'care' homes are disgusting - they ought to be ashamed of themselves. The vulnerable in our society should be looked after, not treated as though they are a bloody nuisance!

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Mon Apr 23 2012, 10:26

Totally agree Caryll! Hate reading it my grandmother who is 78 actually fought a are worker lol he went to hit her and she floored him before he got the chance and she told the hospital she no longer wanted a carer in her home and she's been fine ever since yeah she need reminding every now and then but she is perfectly capable of looking after herself Smile
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 23 2012, 16:14

I'm a carer in a Korsakoff Unit and we have also had residents with varying degrees of dementia or psychiatric disorders and I find it shocking that things like that happen. I know that in Scotland within the next couple of years carers will all have to be registered and complete at least 70 hours of training a year. I don't know if it's the same for the whole UK. Hopefully that will have an effect on things like this but there are trained carers and nurses who are involved in these cases so sadly I doubt it's going to stop it completely. It can be a frustrating job at times but you walk away, get someone else to assist, it's common sense and also part of the training. There is no excuse for mistreatment. Anyone who's family member is going into care I would advise to be as involved as you can, ask questions, don't worry about being a pain, if there is something you want in regards to their care then demand it Smile Thankfully I haven't witnessed anything like that where I work but there has recently been a case in another local care home Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by lmjc90 Mon Apr 23 2012, 16:34

yeah caroline my aunties a carer / fully qualified nurse and she said no matter how bad it got you never ever lifted a finger to the patients you simply walk away and ask for help Smile
lmjc90
lmjc90

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Apr 23 2012, 16:46

I thought this story sounded familiar to me, it was also covered on the Jeremy Vine radio show today.

What a very sad state of affairs when people have to video their relatives in care, my goodness good job she did though. How many more of these stories are there out there???
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down