Head Convulsions

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Head Convulsions - Page 2 Empty Head Convulsions

Post by Guest Sun Dec 12 2010, 07:28

First topic message reminder :

I always found Cassie to be a little slow at everything really but i took it as her being stubbern.
Recently she's been having head convulsions. I took her to the vets thursday they took blood etc i told her that she shakes alot but only before walks and feeding took it more of a excitment kind of shake. the vet asked me to video it which i have now but the one i recorded isn't so violent as other iv seen her do.she doesn't whine but when it is violent she looks confused and dazed. placing my hand on her head doesn't stop it so i know she isn't doing it conciousely when i applied preasure thinking it might just be a muscle spasm it didn't stop it. so now i just have to wait until next thursday for the results. sick with worry i'v not slept in days i hope its not genetic the pups, taz and their sister. I don't think it is genetic because when i first had her and her sister they had the full vet works done but i can't seem to shake this nagging feeling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHKwxivogrI

Back to top Go down

Head Convulsions - Page 2 Empty Re: Head Convulsions

Post by Guest Mon Dec 20 2010, 04:34

Denise wrote:Her Mum may be a carrier so wouldn't display signs of L2hga.

Ok if her sires a JR there may be a slim chance its not L2hga ..... but this condition may not of yet been discovered if this breed suffers with this condition too.

Her sire must of been a big JR if he tied with a stafford bitch ... unless he stood on a few yellow pages giggle

Her sire isn't actually that tall so its odd where Taz got his lengh from but i have witnessed a male JRT take a run and jump on a neapolitan mastiff bitch and he aimed perfectly but his handler pulled him off. also seen a pomeranian go for a Labrador bitch perfectly as part of a study.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Dec 29 2010, 11:49

Caryll wrote:A lot of toy breeds suffer from this type of shaking - I'm not well up on the toys so I can't say what it was, but parkinsons could well have been it. I think missrogue's dog's shaking is a little different, though - it sounds like it's all over. In staffords, the shaking often looks like it starts from the head, I think it's cause the head's so big!lol!

I've got a chihuahua cross JRT and she has this, weve taken her to the verts about 5/6 times in regard to the trembling/shaking and they have come back with a variety of answers. Originally they thought it was a liver shunt, then something to do with her protein intake, then they thought it could be diabetes or something else similar. We never really came to a conclusion but I've found when/where she begins to shake seems to conincide with her diet. If she hasn't eaten anything for about 10 hours she will start to tremble and all her muscles seem to lock up for about 3-4 minutes then shes fine again. It does not look like shes in pain and the vets have been able to give me little help.

Any ideas? Just thought I would add to this post since shes a toy dog too and it seems a similar topic!
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Wed Dec 29 2010, 15:47

I think there are loads of genetic faults out there and we are learning all the time about more and more.I think you have to remember vets are a buisness and they are not always up to scratch on heditary diseases
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content