Strange behaviour

3 posters

Go down

Strange behaviour Empty Strange behaviour

Post by Kylie&Lola Mon Apr 02 2012, 09:05

Morning all Smile

Lolas been acting strangly the last few days Shes off her food - Shes gone from being feed twice a day to once & shes not even eating it straight away or all at once.

Last night I was in the kitchen eating strawberries & I gave her one... to sniff I wouldnt of let her eat it but she took it off me ran to her bed & placed it there running back for more... she done 6 strawberrie trips in total...

This morning - First thing normally pees & poops in the garden but nothing... Shes got a very rumbly tummy & keeps gagging as if shes gong to be sick?

Whats the matter with her...? & what can i give her to make her better...

Thank yiu
Kylie&Lola
Kylie&Lola
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Strange behaviour Empty Re: Strange behaviour

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02 2012, 09:51

I don't want to worry you but what you have described are typical symptoms of bloat. The only thing that makes me think it isn't is that it's been going on for a couple of days already.

Is she spayed? I just wondered if she could be coming into season?

TBH I'd take her to the vet, as she's trying to be sick & can't. She might have eaten something that has disagreed with her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02 2012, 10:08

I'd advise a trip to the vet as well. She could also have eaten something that has caused an obstruction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02 2012, 12:18

jstaff wrote:I'd advise a trip to the vet as well. She could also have eaten something that has caused an obstruction.

That too!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylie&Lola Mon Apr 02 2012, 12:44

She still hasnt eaten but shes been to the toilet & the gumblings stopped.

Shes not spayed - Shes booked in for wednesday & I think shes due to come into season

we have had her just over a month & she was at the kennels for 5 months apparently - shes seems swollen for the past few weeks but theres been no mess no not sure if shes been or due.

Will take her to vets if she doesnt eat by tomorrow. Im not sure what bloat is so ill look it up

Thank you
Kylie&Lola
Kylie&Lola

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylie&Lola Mon Apr 02 2012, 12:50

Just read up on bloat - I dont think its that...

I spoke to my OH & apparently she ate grass - I think she would have been sick if she hadnt of smelt the cat that was hiding in the corner lol I will keep an eye on her though

I have a feeling shes not keen on her food - shes fed complete wagg

Thats what she had at the shelter with tinned meat - 1st few weeks we continued with meat & biscuits of which shes munch down the meat & keep coming back to the biscuits. now she just has biscuits & you can tell shes just like 'ah man, that stuffs boring'

Ill pop over the shop & get her new food for dinner & see if that temts her in too
Kylie&Lola
Kylie&Lola

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 2 Mon Apr 02 2012, 21:16

i don't know anything about the dog food on your side of the pond, but just because the kennel had her on it doesn't neccisarily mean it's the best choice. in the U.S. kennel's sometimes can only afford basic food. Lola's long-term dietary needs may be very different.

Matt 2
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02 2012, 22:33

Kylie&Lola wrote:Shes not spayed - Shes booked in for wednesday & I think shes due to come into season

Oh dear, if she's coming into season, the vet probably won't go ahead with the spay. You might need to wait another 3 months. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kylie&Lola Wed Apr 04 2012, 15:48

Hey guys Smile Just so you all know Lola is fine -

Got real scared after I read up about bloat & just after I posted 'Lolas fine, nothing to worry about' she woke up & couldnt stand up as she was shaking so much & then when she was up she couldnt get back down. That lasted about 5 mins but returned to her normal self - went in the garden & she was running around like a loony wagging her tail - Took her to vets & shes perfectly happy.

Lola did find a bone in the garden the day before that we took off her but the vet said there might have been some bacteria on it that didnt agree with her.

& shes in the vets right now getting a tubes tied or whatever it is that they do - Miss her sooooo much

Its funny how when shes here & being a little annoying sometimes & I shhh her but now I just want her home to make as much noise as she wants Smile got her a pigs ear to nibble on too when she returns.
Kylie&Lola
Kylie&Lola

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Gabbiadini Thu Apr 05 2012, 20:35

Ahh glad she's ok, I worry about Gabbi all the time and i've only had her 4 weeks lol
Gabbiadini
Gabbiadini

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down