Escapology

2 posters

Go down

Escapology Empty Escapology

Post by jshrew Thu Mar 29 2012, 20:02

Well in order to prevent Ledger from running through the flower beds chasing birds away from the bread on the bird table and also to contain Lucky (springer/collie cross) who at 13 has been suffering with strokes and is losing her sight and balance my parents decided to fence off a section of their garden.

Well Ledger has been with them during the day while I have been at work and within seconds had found the small gap that my dad had yet to fence, temporary blocks had been put up and re-inforced and still when I got home I found him 'the other side' of the fence looking longingly at the gate to be let back through. He is also already checking it for weak spots I caught him walking along the fence line tapping at sections with his paw Laughing

It got me wondering whos dog has had the most elaborate escape?
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Escapology Empty Re: Escapology

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30 2012, 01:36

Suki has gotten loose while outside twice. The first time we just had bushes and a little wooden fence only about 1/2 meter high. We then swithced to a little bigger fence and figured we would just keep an eye on her. One time the landlord caught her for us and the next time my better half brought her back.

We now how a 2.5 meter chicken wire fence and watch her constantly. They are very Houdini like if they see something they want

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30 2012, 05:04

Russell has never really tried to get out. I think he is pretty content in our yard. I did catch him on the neighbours side of the fence one day after he dug a hole to go through.

When our friends looked after him while we were away, he ate through the chicken wire, jumped the fence, ate the lead when they tried tying him up, and at my parents house he climbed their 1.5 metre wire fence... so there is no doubt he would find away out of our yard if he really wanted to

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30 2012, 08:27

i remember a story on here once about a nop. someones dog had taken quite a while making his hole at the back of the shed untill one day it was big enough to drag next doors mop through. if she's still on maybe she will remember and tell you that was funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30 2012, 19:16

I loved that one. Strength, courage, determination, perseverance I think it was about? I'll see if I can find it and post a link.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30 2012, 19:27

_julie_ wrote:i remember a story on here once about a nop. someones dog had taken quite a while making his hole at the back of the shed untill one day it was big enough to drag next doors mop through. if she's still on maybe she will remember and tell you that was funny.

That was me Julie , she never dug a hole , she used to go under the shed into the back of next door and over a few days she stole the mop to bring it home to kill

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t9472-a-little-story-about-courage-planning-determination-intelligence-and-greed?highlight=greed+courage+determination

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30 2012, 19:44

Dave! I just spent the last 15 minutes trying to find your post, found it, copied it ready to paste here, then come back to paste it and you've already done it!!!!

It is a fab story though Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30 2012, 19:47

shontelle wrote:Dave! I just spent the last 15 minutes trying to find your post, found it, copied it ready to paste here, then come back to paste it and you've already done it!!!!

It is a fab story though Big Grin

Sorry Shontelle I was just skipping through the forum and saw this one and was thinking about that straight away Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 30 2012, 19:50

Lol, you're forgiven. As soon as I saw the original post, I thought of yours, then saw that Julie thought of it too so wanted to share it again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by dazza Fri Mar 30 2012, 22:14

we had a dog stay with us for a while who came with a cage we would put her in it to go out and when we got back the dog would be on the outside and the cage intact we never did find out how she would get out and she was a doberman so not a small dog
dazza
dazza
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : harley and solar
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years/ 11 months
Dog Gender(s) : male and female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 31 2012, 00:48

oooh teleporting dog!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 31 2012, 01:24

Lexi pulled a metal gate pole out of the concrete, somehow. Gate opened and way she went! She went to the field and round to the front of the house and sat looking all happy with herself at te front door. We put the pole back and tied the gate to it with ropes. She untied the ropes with her mouth and pulled at the gate until the pole turned aroun enough to get the gate open again and once again sat all happy with herself at the front. Have had to put a panel up so she can't get the rope lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum