+3
shakespearesdog
Staffy lover
janey
7 posters

Go down

Rubbish all over Empty Rubbish all over

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20 2012, 10:12

took these 2 for their usual walk around the reservoir this morning. the rubbish people throw gets right on my nerves. theres a mcdonalds at the other end and i have just had to stop lottie eating someones left over fries and a half cup of coffee. there are bins why cant people use them. i think the council should charge these shops for the amount of rubbish they have to clear up. then theres the no fishing signs that are clear for all to see and last week there was a dead duck caught in some line. its a lovely place right in the middle of the built up area nice for a walk and to feed the birds and some people are using it like a dumping ground theres even a wheelie bin in it at wits end

Back to top Go down

Rubbish all over Empty Re: Rubbish all over

Post by janey Tue Mar 20 2012, 10:25

Thats one of my pet hates also, there are some benches just before I get onto the river and all the kids/familys have BBQ'S there and they leave everyting on the tables, the bbq, empty bottles and cans, its disgusting!

Learn to use a bin there are enough of them there angry
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20 2012, 10:35

can't stand litterers! makes me sick!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20 2012, 10:38

i'm with you on this one, litter is one of my pet hates

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20 2012, 10:41

I hate litter bugs... well dirty people in general annoy the hell out of me! There is absolutely no excuse! That poor duck Sad My husband puts anything he thinks might hurt an animal (or human) in his pocket when he's walking Vlad... The only thing that annoys me with this is checking his pockets before washing! It's mainly bits of fishing wire and plastic ring things from beer six packs etc... nothing bad like needles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Tue Mar 20 2012, 10:47

I am with you on this too. We are lucky to have the canal on our door step, and just on the other side is a nice pinic area, and lots of bins about, but no, people still leave BBQs on the tables, rubbish on the floors. the times I have to stop pixee eating left overs!
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Tue Mar 20 2012, 10:53

The worse thing is the broken glass everywhere. Romeo walked right into a whole patch yesterday, he's so lucky he's never cut himself.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Tue Mar 20 2012, 10:53

grates me the wrong way too, the local park can be bad with trash all over. i dont undertand peoples mindset as its like they eat/drink whatever and just leave! fed up of navigating him around half eaten fast food or broken glass. the car park can be the worst as they just drop everything out the window. if there too lazy to walk to a bin why not take it home with them? its no effort.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Mar 20 2012, 12:46

at wits end you got me too, I cant stand it when people leave rubbish. There is no excuse when there are bins provided to put it in.

Maybe email your local council or even better your mayor. We have found in the past that the mayor usually gets things sorted quicker than anyone else. There really do not like to hear about this kind of thing and will get it sorted out.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20 2012, 13:02

Don't have this problem here even with out trash cans everyone picks up after themselves almost all the time

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20 2012, 13:04

I don't always side with local councils, but the mcdonalds in town was made to get a street cleaner by our local council. If they don't use it every morning & every evening, they've been threatened with the withdrawal of their licence to open 24 hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20 2012, 13:06

Hate it too.Some ** threw a kfc box on the floor with chicken bones in.Cairo was too quick and got to it before i knew what it was.She was sick soon after. angry All because some tramp couldnt be bothered to go to the bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20 2012, 13:15

Lisa & Cairo wrote:Hate it too.Some ** threw a kfc box on the floor with chicken bones in.Cairo was too quick and got to it before i knew what it was.She was sick soon after. angry All because some tramp couldnt be bothered to go to the bin

We did go through tis a few months ago. She got a chicken bone left over at the park and there was a trash can not 20 meters away. I hate lazy people

Back to top Go down

Post by roxyrocket Tue Mar 20 2012, 13:24

angry I hate litter bugs too!! angry
roxyrocket
roxyrocket

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20 2012, 13:33

kathytake2 wrote: at wits end you got me too, I cant stand it when people leave rubbish. There is no excuse when there are bins provided to put it in.

Maybe email your local council or even better your mayor. We have found in the past that the mayor usually gets things sorted quicker than anyone else. There really do not like to hear about this kind of thing and will get it sorted out.

i took the dogs out one day and it annoyed me so much because all this is harmful to the birds. there are geese ducks gulls and other species of water birds theyre lovely and the dogs like going to feed them all. i took my camera one day and took pictures and emailed them to the council and was sent a reply saying that this that and the other partof land is for different people and the water is someone else but they never said any contact details or that they would sort it. am sick of it its alovely walk why do people have to do this

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20 2012, 13:41

I agree Julie. Coincidently, this morning on our walk, I came accross a pile of MacDonalds debris and there is not one within 5km. Someone had stopped their car on the side of the road and simply turfed the stuff out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20 2012, 13:52

Ty wrote:I agree Julie. Coincidently, this morning on our walk, I came accross a pile of MacDonalds debris and there is not one within 5km. Someone had stopped their car on the side of the road and simply turfed the stuff out.

seen that done and ash trays from cars too just emptied where they like

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Tue Mar 20 2012, 13:55

There is a clump of trees in the middle of a nice nature area along a river walk where a group of alkies drink. It is littered with their empties etc, Sisko retrieved a can of lager the other day. People even carry washing machines etc along and dump them, it is only just down the road from the council recycling site.
stiofan
stiofan
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Rubbish all over Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20 2012, 14:19

went to ilkley moore with them last weekend and there was picnic rubbish left there. its beautiful country side with footpaths and walks and some people just dont care

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Tue Mar 20 2012, 19:55

_julie_ wrote:went to ilkley moore with them last weekend and there was picnic rubbish left there. its beautiful country side with footpaths and walks and some people just dont care

I dont get people like that either, they have gone to a scenic place so I would assume they were there to admire it but then they destroy the view for everyone else! selfish or what.
Chicken bone's are a pet hate as well as otheres have mentioned, also I nearly had to give up on getting over a pedestrian crossing once as someone had dropped a large ammount of kebab meat and the lill git was literally dragging his * along the ground in stubbourn defiance at walking past it.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down