(containes images not sutable for the young)think hard ..very hard

2 posters

Go down

(containes images not sutable for the young)think hard ..very hard Empty (containes images not sutable for the young)think hard ..very hard

Post by markeB Mon Dec 06 2010, 15:34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG3r3wH1vNk&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itiC07dKSsU&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIheXFBhQls&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qpg6G58_YQ&feature=fvw
markeB
markeB
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ellie and Leo
Dog Gender(s) : Ellie bitch leo dog
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

(containes images not sutable for the young)think hard ..very hard Empty Re: (containes images not sutable for the young)think hard ..very hard

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06 2010, 16:42

some very sad vids there mark seen them before as there already on the forum but usefull all the same.
but please remember this is a family friendly site so please put some kind of warning about how distressing they are as the last thing we want is for a child to get trumatised by images like that.
i can see that your a avide campainer against all breeding becouse of all the staffys in shelters infact your two are great examples of shelter dogs.
but if the word gets round and takin in by breeders the number of staffys in shelters will drop and the staffy breed will be no more .

Back to top Go down

(containes images not sutable for the young)think hard ..very hard Empty Re: (containes images not sutable for the young)think hard ..very hard

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06 2010, 19:04

Just purchased1 of the singers albums

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06 2010, 19:06

Seen a couple of these before on here, but they still bring a tear to the eye. Very sad videos.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06 2010, 19:08

Ano it's true and this will always be the case but there isnt really anything we can do to stop them been put in care .. it's upto other people or something to stop dogs been bread for money or fighting

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Dec 06 2010, 19:37

Its sad and we are making a difference by raising awareness. I think its dreadfull how many unwanted Staffords there are, having a rescue myself and visiting Battersea was a very traumatic experience, Its not something thats gonna change straight away but if there is any way of educating people then its good in my books x
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06 2010, 19:38

Suppose but we cant rehome them all.. and far to many people think staffys are for fighting at least 4 times a week a meet sumone and they arre scared of kuma .. am like get a grip !! shes a pup and staffys are not going to kill you !

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Dec 06 2010, 19:42

seany boy wrote:Suppose but we cant rehome them all.. and far to many people think staffys are for fighting at least 4 times a week a meet sumone and they arre scared of kuma .. am like get a grip !! shes a pup and staffys are not going to kill you !

I agree, hence why we need to educate people on all aspects!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06 2010, 19:45

Not just less breeding of unregisted dogs, we could do with more responsible owners. Over breeding is one problem but treating dogs badly and then shipping them to some rescue centre with issues is a bigger problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06 2010, 19:48

Think alose it should be highlighted that its not just staffys .. altho there is alot of staffs in shettering Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06 2010, 19:59

I agree and people like me on here who have a dog thats rescued have all choose to rescue a staffy rather than another breed, so there is still some sort of demand for them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 10:10

BlueStaffBlue wrote:Not just less breeding of unregisted dogs, we could do with more responsible owners. Over breeding is one problem but treating dogs badly and then shipping them to some rescue centre with issues is a bigger problem.

Better owners will come with less dogs being bred i reckon kc reg or not! Big Grin x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 10:14

Yes, we need to breed less dogs, but the ones who listen to the likes of us are not the problem - they come to places like this for help & advice, and LISTEN. The problem ones are the ones who breed cause they want to make a bit of money on the side. The back yard breeders who know nothing about breeding and perpetuate hereditary problems & don't find good forever homes for their pups.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 10:37

The problem is that are just to many staffords about full stop and not just from people who dont health test there dogs etc but from people who want to carry on there dogs line or just want one litter the list goes on....
But we can only do what we can do and educate people and give them the awful facts of the crisis the breed is in, they will do what they want anyway but we can only try lol Big Grin x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 11:57

yeah ye seem to have a big problem in England with unwanted staffs, as caryll said its all down to the backyard breeders who haven't go a clue when it comes to dogs their just in it for the money, these are the kind of people ye would you want to go after, would solve a lot of yer problems, you dont see any of the top staff breeders dogs in pound's in England or Ireland for that matter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 11:59

I suppose some of the top breeders' dogs must find their way into rescue, but the ones I've spoken to will move heaven & earth to get them back & either re-home them themselves, or retire them gracefully in their own kennels.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 12:02

exactly my point these people are called responsible breeders.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 12:09

yea but the point is that they DO find there way into rescue and its only beacause the kc ones breeders can be contacted that they take them back not due to the breeders finding good homes in the first place. It swings in roundabouts really, conterary (spelling?) to how i come across i am not against breeding full stop, just at the moment when the breed is just so so over bred x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 12:11

maybe its over bred in England, but thats not the case here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 12:12

so u say....lol im not so sure myself though Tongues x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 12:12

The lady who owns Dempsey's dad (a really top breeder of several champions both here & abroad) has just taken back a 2 year old bitch who had ended up in a rescue after being found wandering the streets. She was microchipped & that's how they knew where to find the breeder. She's going to have her spayed & then, once she's calm & recovered, she'll try to find a good home for her. If not, then she'll stay put.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 12:15

blaze666 wrote: conterary (spelling?) to how i come across i am not against breeding full stop, just at the moment when the breed is just so so over bred x

No, I know you're not against breeding as such, and I can understand your point of view (and in part I agree with it), but if you stop the responsible ones breeding, the demand will still be there & that will increase the irresponsible. It's a catch 22 situation.

I still think that the way forward is to educate the buying public so that they are careful who they go to for a pup, and what they should be asking/looking for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 12:18

Sad i hate to think of these dogs roaming the steets lonely and scared, and with the weather at the mo..... cold x

Oh yea i completely agree about that, if a reg dog is what ur after then defo lots of advice to choose most importantly the right breeder! x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 12:20

And of course, there is ALWAYS the option of a rescue dog if that's what you want - maybe even a companion to the puppy once it's a little older.

Education, education, education.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 12:23

HAHA your right there caryll, a rescue is an excellent option! Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 12:25

blaze666 wrote:so u say....lol im not so sure myself though Tongues x

over here you would be lucky to find one in ten staffs in dog pounds, there are more greyhounds and Alsatians and mongrels than staffs in pounds

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 12:29

Yes, I think the problem's slightly less in Ireland. The UK definitely does have a problem though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08 2010, 13:27

That was some really hard viewing. I may get shot down for this, but I am wary of rescue dogs because you can never know their full history. I rescued an English Mastiff last year, he was a lovely boy in the kennels but when I got him home, completely different. He humped all of us constantly, (not fun being humped by a fullgrown male mastiff!!) had seious food aggression issues, and everytime I told him no for somehting, he stood there growling and snarling at me. He finally went for me when I had told him no, and it was in front of my children (he never showed any aggression whatsoever to them) they were terrified. I literally grabbed him round the scruff and pulled him down to the ground and made him stay there til he stopped gowling and snapping. |I then phond the Mastiff rescue and said I couldn't have him after that cos I was worried about my kids. He was picked up a couple of days later by a lovely welsh couple who had previously expressed interest in him.they had no children to worry about. It made me cautious of rescue dogs because you just don't know what they're going to be like. That's why I got a pup. I would definitely onside a escue again, but not until my kids are bigger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08 2010, 13:45

+we have had it said on the forum before a rescue dog is not as easy as you would think to get hold of, resues centrers have a list of criteria you must pass on so there are a lot of good owners that can not infact get the approval to adopt a dog ie no children, 6 foot fencing round the property, a large excersise area,must be castratade or spayed at 6 months,someone must be at home 24hrs of the day

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08 2010, 13:49

That must have been so frightening! However, most rescue dogs are meticulously assessed & are very safe to have around - I think that either you were unlucky, or the mastiff rescue didn't do their job properly in this instance.

As I've said before, I would gladly give a home to a rescue dog if only they would accept me (I have been refused because my front door is on the 1st floor) & not insist that I neuter (if the dog hasn't already been neutered - if it has, I have no problems with that).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08 2010, 13:50

Yea your right u never no what a rescue dog as gone through in his life and how he has been treated or what will scare him etc but that is why rescues (most) have so many rules and tests etc in place. In the one i work out they wont let strays go 2 ppl with kids under 12 for example even if they seem the most loving dogs ever. At the same time though all dogs are different we never really no how any of them will turn out. My sister in law recently had a litter of jrt's and all 6 of them were completey different, willow the one she kept was the runt and this little quiet scared shy thing whilst dolly was a right little bu**er and kept attacking the others/the cat/the kids etc! They were all raised the same and all completley different.

Although some of the rules rescues have in place are a bit ott sometimes they are all in place for the benifit of the new owners and the dog to make sure the dog is suitable to the home so the poor dog isnt returned again.

Also like ive said time and time again at the moment in enland u will spend less time waiting for a pup/litter of pups or pregnant bitch to get dumped into rescue than waiting for a kc reg good quality litter of pups to be planned then whelped.
Big Grin x

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08 2010, 13:55

Also like ive said time and time again at the moment in enland u will spend less time waiting for a pup/litter of pups or pregnant bitch to get dumped into rescue than waiting for a kc reg good quality litter of pups to be planned then whelped.
Big Grin x[/quote]

this i can sadly agree is true Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08 2010, 13:56

Luckily dogs dont scare me at all (except rotties, dobies and gsd's!) and I'm not intimidated by a snarling dog but my children were and my blood ran cold at the thought of him challenging one of them. I do not back down to dogs and they will eventually back down to me but obviously my kids would've had no chance. As I said tho, I will definitely consider rescue again, but not for a few years yet. It sucks that you cant get approval Caryll cos you have so much knowledge and experience. They're just depriving the dogs of a loving forever home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down