Free Neutering London for Bull Breeds

5 posters

Go down

Free Neutering London for Bull Breeds Empty Free Neutering London for Bull Breeds

Post by Radiantpaper Sun Mar 11 2012, 23:23

This information was taken from the The Mayhew Animal Home website.

At The Mayhew, we offer Bull Breed Neutering free of charge. Please note that to be eligible for the free Bull Breed neutering, your dog must have the physical characteristics of a Bull Breed. If your dog is not deemed to be a Bull Breed type you will be charged for the procedure and our Animal Care Managers decision is final on this subject.

For more information: http://www.mayhewanimalhome.org/dogs/ourservices/index.php
Radiantpaper
Radiantpaper
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2

http://www.zestlifecoaching.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Free Neutering London for Bull Breeds Empty Re: Free Neutering London for Bull Breeds

Post by shakespearesdog Sun Mar 11 2012, 23:36

They neutar at 12 weeks? Not to mention that neutaring male dogs is extremely detrimental to their health anyway but 12 weeks is just dangerous.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Free Neutering London for Bull Breeds Empty Re: Free Neutering London for Bull Breeds

Post by Radiantpaper Sun Mar 11 2012, 23:40

Thats not really the point of the post. Bella is 11 months and not done just thought it may help those that wish to get it done and lack the funds, then there is an option for them.

I have no opinion on it personally.
Radiantpaper
Radiantpaper

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Mar 11 2012, 23:42

Thanks for the link, all rescues will promote neutering. There the ones picking up the pieces of unwanted litters Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiantpaper Sun Mar 11 2012, 23:45

It does say this on the site though.

'The Mayhew Animal Home neuters from 12 weeks for dogs, making an assessment before the procedure in each case. We will not proceed with an early-age neuter if we believe the procedure to be detrimental to a dog's wellbeing and future development, and instead will wait until a later stage to neuter.'
Radiantpaper
Radiantpaper

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Mon Mar 12 2012, 02:44

Different for bitches but they should still all have a first season. The sex hormones play an important role in skeletal, organ and mental development. Neutering and spaying before one year old should be outlawed.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:32

Radiantpaper wrote:It does say this on the site though.

'The Mayhew Animal Home neuters from 12 weeks for dogs, making an assessment before the procedure in each case. We will not proceed with an early-age neuter if we believe the procedure to be detrimental to a dog's wellbeing and future development, and instead will wait until a later stage to neuter.'

I don't like this at all! Are there no other breeds in rescue? Why only bull breeds?

And as for neutering at 12 weeks unless detrimental to the health, of course it's detrimental to their health! That's plain disgusting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 13:41

12 weeks is too early yes but in general its fantastic they are doing this! And i would guess its only bull breeds as these are the dogs that are being way over bred by morons using there dogs as a status symbol. Its just a fact caryll that more staff types are in rescue than any other breed.
I think its great, thanks for posting! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 13:43

shakespearesdog wrote:They neutar at 12 weeks? Not to mention that neutaring male dogs is extremely detrimental to their health anyway but 12 weeks is just dangerous.
12 weeks is too early but what are u saying exactly......that getting a male done in general at whatever age is bad for them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiantpaper Mon Mar 12 2012, 14:58

Dont shoot the messenger, I dont work for them jus saw it and thought I would post it up. Crying or Very sad
Radiantpaper
Radiantpaper

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Mar 12 2012, 15:08

Radiantpaper wrote:Dont shoot the messenger, I dont work for them jus saw it and thought I would post it up. Crying or Very sad

Don't worry, thank you for posting, neutering is a very controversial subject! Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiantpaper Mon Mar 12 2012, 15:14

So I see hypnotised
Radiantpaper
Radiantpaper

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 16:30

Really glad u posted it thanks thumbs up lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Radiantpaper Mon Mar 12 2012, 19:42

blaze wrote:Really glad u posted it thanks thumbs up lol

Big Grin
Radiantpaper
Radiantpaper

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 23:43

blaze wrote:12 weeks is too early yes but in general its fantastic they are doing this! And i would guess its only bull breeds as these are the dogs that are being way over bred by morons using there dogs as a status symbol. Its just a fact caryll that more staff types are in rescue than any other breed.

I know that, but surely they are not the only breed in rescue? Not the only breed that is over-bred? Sad

Radiantpaper wrote:Dont shoot the messenger, I dont work for them jus saw it and thought I would post it up. Crying or Very sad

Sorry! Just makes me cringe when I see things like this about early neutering.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Mar 12 2012, 23:53

Caryll wrote:
blaze wrote:12 weeks is too early yes but in general its fantastic they are doing this! And i would guess its only bull breeds as these are the dogs that are being way over bred by morons using there dogs as a status symbol. Its just a fact caryll that more staff types are in rescue than any other breed.

I know that, but surely they are not the only breed in rescue? Not the only breed that is over-bred? Sad

They make up the percentage of the population in rescues sadly
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 23:55

It just adds to the discrimination. Sad

......and 12 weeks! Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Mar 13 2012, 00:02

12 weeks I agree is too young, but I don't think it is adding to discrimination. There is a huge problem out there, blame it on society or whatever you want, Staffs are being overbreed. You no it as well.

Education is key, and its not going to happen over night but every person that can be educated over neutering/buying/breeding/colour/temperment/DNA/health test etc is a must.

The reason for a rescue to promote neutering is because scarily the % of dogs there are staffs and staff x!

janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13 2012, 11:58

janey wrote:

12 weeks I agree is too young, but I don't think it is adding to discrimination. There is a huge problem out there, blame it on society or whatever you want, Staffs are being overbreed. You no it as well.

Education is key, and its not going to happen over night but every person that can be educated over neutering/buying/breeding/colour/temperment/DNA/health test etc is a must.

The reason for a rescue to promote neutering is because scarily the % of dogs there are staffs and staff x!

Yes, I know what you mean, but there aren't only staffs or bull breeds in rescue! Aren't any of the others important? Don't any of the others add to the problems? Yes, staffs are over bred, but neutering dogs at 12 weeks will not stop the problem! The ones that breed (too many) litters won't have their dogs neutered anyway! It mat stop an 'accidental' mating, but very few matings are 'accidental'.

What about the real health risks of neutering a tiny puppy so young? Anaesthesia is very dangerous for a young pup for a start! Incontinence is rife in very young-neutered dogs. Urinary burn from the sexual organs not forming properly is common in young-neutered bitches.

12 weeks. Criminal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13 2012, 12:41

Caryll i think you will find actually that hell of alot of matings are accidental. Put your self on a council estate in london single parent tiny flat on the doll kids etc etc with a staff. No money really 2 take care of a dog but u find out of a place neturing for free.....ideal and it could mean the difference of a litter of pups being born. I think some times caryll u give people to much credit and think people are more like you, they're not! In your life an accidental mating extremley unlikely beacuse u are a good educated owner but alot of the people who own staffs and staff crosses or "bully types" are not they are chavs who want a dog to make them look hard or earn them a bit of cash but arnt prepared to spend any money on the dog themselves.

No one is saying that 12 weeks is the right age to do it and we all no what early neutering "can" cause and we also no the problems in some cases not neutering can cause but i think in general the scheme is a great one!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Mar 13 2012, 12:49

I totally agree that 12 weeks is far too young but instead on concentrating on that aspect, have a look at the wider picture.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1299528/Rescue-dogs-slaughtered-irresponsible-owners.html

If promoting free neutering in Bully breeds, which is over half the intake to shelters every year it has to be a positive thing, hasn't it?
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13 2012, 13:00

thank you for the post, do not take it personal, its one of those things that we agree to disagree

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Tue Mar 13 2012, 13:21

Free neutaring is a great idea especially for poorer folk like myself but no dog/bitch should be neutared under the age of one year.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Tue Mar 13 2012, 13:26

Caryll i think you will find actually that hell of alot of matings are accidental. Put your self on a council estate in london single parent tiny flat on the doll kids etc etc with a staff. No money really 2 take care of a dog but u find out of a place neturing for free.....ideal and it could mean the difference of a litter of pups being born. I think some times caryll u give people to much credit and think people are more like you, they're not! In your life an accidental mating extremley unlikely beacuse u are a good educated owner but alot of the people who own staffs and staff crosses or "bully types" are not they are chavs who want a dog to make them look hard or earn them a bit of cash but arnt prepared to spend any money on the dog themselves.
That's a very good point and I understand where your coming from. I wish people like that wouldn't own dogs though. I still think dog liciences would help the situation immensley. 'Power' breeds -including staffies and their crosses- would cost more to licience then toy/small breeds.
Please excuse my terrible spelling I don't have spell check on this IE.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13 2012, 13:29

Carly & Janey, I know where you're coming from - it's terrible taht so many bull breeds are in rescue, but most of the so-called 'accidental' matings aren't accidental at all! They're either quite deliberate, or happen because of people not caring what their in season bitch gets up to! That's what I mean - these matings will still happen because so many of those peope, who have 'accidental' matings wouldn't get their dogs neutered if you paid them!

blaze wrote:No one is saying that 12 weeks is the right age to do it and we all no what early neutering "can" cause and we also no the problems in some cases not neutering can cause but i think in general the scheme is a great one!

I would have been a bit happier had they said 6 months. But I'm sorry, I could never promote an offer from somewhere that says they are prepared to neuter at 12 weeks. Nobody will persuade me that's right or healthy.

A short while ago there was a post on here about the RSPCA wanting to neuter at 8 weeks & everybody was up in arms about it. I really don't see the difference between that one & this one - 4 weeks is nothing at that age.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13 2012, 15:57

Asolutley agree 100% 6 months would be soooo much better! But i still find it a good cause to support as janey said looking at the wider picture Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Mar 13 2012, 18:29

Caryll wrote:Carly & Janey, I know where you're coming from - it's terrible taht so many bull breeds are in rescue, but most of the so-called 'accidental' matings aren't accidental at all! They're either quite deliberate, or happen because of people not caring what their in season bitch gets up to! That's what I mean - these matings will still happen because so many of those peope, who have 'accidental' matings wouldn't get their dogs neutered if you paid them!

100% right we have soecty problem they not going care if there is free to get their dogs done.

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13 2012, 19:10

blaze wrote:Asolutley agree 100% 6 months would be soooo much better! But i still find it a good cause to support as janey said looking at the wider picture Big Grin

There's no 'wider' picture for a 12 week old pup.

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Tue Mar 13 2012, 19:21

Ok let the puppy get pregnant at it's first season , dumped on the street or maybe end up like the staffy bitch shot and buried , she had recently given birth. I think sometimes the wider picture needs looking at .
stiofan
stiofan
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Free Neutering London for Bull Breeds Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Mar 13 2012, 19:22

Caryll wrote:
blaze wrote:Asolutley agree 100% 6 months would be soooo much better! But i still find it a good cause to support as janey said looking at the wider picture Big Grin

There's no 'wider' picture for a 12 week old pup.

You'll find that we are all agreeing that 12 weeks is far too young!

The wider picture is if this helps to promote neutering, which helps the amount of homeless dogs, and allows people to have the choice, I can see nothing but a positive.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Mar 13 2012, 19:28

i cant see any positivers really becasue the people who making the dogs problem just dont care. i think it time to change becasue all this get your dog done as failed for the last 10 years

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13 2012, 22:28

stiofan wrote:Ok let the puppy get pregnant at it's first season , dumped on the street or maybe end up like the staffy bitch shot and buried , she had recently given birth. I think sometimes the wider picture needs looking at .

So you're ok with neutering a 12 week old pup? I've never heard of a puppy getting pregnant at 12 weeks.

janey wrote:You'll find that we are all agreeing that 12 weeks is far too young!

The wider picture is if this helps to promote neutering, which helps the amount of homeless dogs, and allows people to have the choice, I can see nothing but a positive.

No, Janey. If they want to promote neutering, then they should be offering to neuter older dogs, not 12 week old pups. 12 week old pups can't have accidental matings or accidental litters of pups to be dumped on the rescue services!

If they don't mean 12 weeks is ok, then why advertise it?

I'm sorry, I cannot support this in any way. It doesn't help the rescue problem by butchering 12 week old pups, because that's all it is at that age.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Mar 13 2012, 22:31

Agree to disagree, although I do agree that 12 weeks is too young Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Mar 13 2012, 22:34

stiofan wrote:Ok let the puppy get pregnant at it's first season , dumped on the street or maybe end up like the staffy bitch shot and buried , she had recently given birth. I think sometimes the wider picture needs looking at .

the wider picuture is we have soceity problem, there no way a bad owners is going get their dog done instead of campaigning for neutering lets have a campaign to demand the goverment to fix broken britian becasue that is the only way of fixing the problem.

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Mar 13 2012, 22:35

janey wrote:

Agree to disagree, although I do agree that 12 weeks is too young Smile

why as neutering campaign failed for the last 10/15 years?

time to change the record

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Tue Mar 13 2012, 23:35

Steve wrote:

the wider picuture is we have soceity problem, there no way a bad owners is going get their dog done instead of campaigning for neutering lets have a campaign to demand the goverment to fix broken britian becasue that is the only way of fixing the problem.

Prime minister Margaret Thatcher, talking to Women's Own magazine, October 31 1987
"I think we've been through a period where too many people have been given to understand that if they have a problem, it's the government's job to cope with it. 'I have a problem, I'll get a grant.' 'I'm homeless, the government must house me.' They're casting their problem on society. And, you know, there is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first. It's our duty to look after ourselves and then, also to look after our neighbour. People have got the entitlements too much in mind, without the obligations. There's no such thing as entitlement, unless someone has first met an obligation." Holy * i just quoted Thatcher !!

I agree that 12 weeks is too young , they are not offering it as a standard procedure though are they, If you get a pup from the dog pound here you sign a contract to let them take it to their vet after it is past 6 months.
stiofan
stiofan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Mar 14 2012, 07:20

soceity is the main reason will have a huge dog problem and nothing will change till we fixed it that just a fact most of our problem to day is becasue of it, offering free neutering or spaying isn't going to change it, this campaign as failed the last 10 plus years what the point in carrying it on when its not doing it job?

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Wed Mar 14 2012, 09:03

Prime minister Margaret Thatcher, talking to Women's Own magazine, October 31 1987
"I think we've been through a period where too many people have been given to understand that if they have a problem, it's the government's job to cope with it. 'I have a problem, I'll get a grant.' 'I'm homeless, the government must house me.' They're casting their problem on society. And, you know, there is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first. It's our duty to look after ourselves and then, also to look after our neighbour. People have got the entitlements too much in mind, without the obligations. There's no such thing as entitlement, unless someone has first met an obligation."
I effing love that quote, more people should listen to it.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Wed Mar 14 2012, 09:15

the facts are we have a huge soceity problem doing quick fixes aint going to works you have to get to root of the problem.

we have to many bad families, to many problems kids, to many bad parents and far to many foreigners gangstars in the country till all these get sorted out nothing is going to changes

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14 2012, 09:31

Until we have a perfect society, it is good that there are places where you can get neutering done for free. But the age should be raised, 12 weeks if far too early and could cause a flux of behavioural probelms down the line. Even if it only stops 1 + bitches getting unwanted pregnancies it has surely worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14 2012, 11:42

stiofan wrote: they are not offering it as a standard procedure though are they,

Are they not?

The Mayhew Animal Home neuters from 12 weeks for dogs, making an assessment before the procedure in each case. We will not proceed with an early-age neuter if we believe the procedure to be detrimental to a dog's wellbeing and future development, and instead will wait until a later stage to neuter.

So what does that statement say to you? To most decent minded people neutering at 12 weeks is detrimental to wellbeing & future development, so when will they say it is or isn't?

I still say it's disgusting & I cannot and will not support it in any way.

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Wed Mar 14 2012, 12:56

Caryll wrote:
stiofan wrote: they are not offering it as a standard procedure though are they,

Are they not?

The Mayhew Animal Home neuters from 12 weeks for dogs, making an assessment before the procedure in each case. We will not proceed with an early-age neuter if we believe the procedure to be detrimental to a dog's wellbeing and future development, and instead will wait until a later stage to neuter.

So what does that statement say to you? To most decent minded people neutering at 12 weeks is detrimental to wellbeing & future development, so when will they say it is or isn't?

I still say it's disgusting & I cannot and will not support it in any way.

We won't know how often they neuter at 12 weeks unless they give details.I agree with you it is not something to be encouraged .I have seen mobile clinics on the american rescue programmes doing it to try and improve animals and peoples lives in horrible situations.I think there are times when you have to choose the lesser of two evils or do nothing? hopefully it won't become their normal procedure but they are the ones dealing with it and i'm sure they thing they are decent minded people.
stiofan
stiofan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14 2012, 22:22

stiofan wrote:We won't know how often they neuter at 12 weeks unless they give details.I agree with you it is not something to be encouraged .I have seen mobile clinics on the american rescue programmes doing it to try and improve animals and peoples lives in horrible situations.I think there are times when you have to choose the lesser of two evils or do nothing? hopefully it won't become their normal procedure but they are the ones dealing with it and i'm sure they thing they are decent minded people.

Someone in a previous post said something like...if it stops one unwanted pregnancy then it's worth it. What about the health problems that will crop up in the vast majority of puppies neutered at this age? Incontinence, urinary burn, nervous aggression, increased risk of bone cancer etc etc? One unwanted pregnancy saved but a hundred puppies live ruined?

My last post on the subject - it's disgusting, cruel, and people who approve of neutering at 12 weeks are the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Wed Mar 14 2012, 23:52

Caryll wrote:
stiofan wrote:We won't know how often they neuter at 12 weeks unless they give details.I agree with you it is not something to be encouraged .I have seen mobile clinics on the american rescue programmes doing it to try and improve animals and peoples lives in horrible situations.I think there are times when you have to choose the lesser of two evils or do nothing? hopefully it won't become their normal procedure but they are the ones dealing with it and i'm sure they thing they are decent minded people.

Someone in a previous post said something like...if it stops one unwanted pregnancy then it's worth it. What about the health problems that will crop up in the vast majority of puppies neutered at this age? Incontinence, urinary burn, nervous aggression, increased risk of bone cancer etc etc? One unwanted pregnancy saved but a hundred puppies live ruined?

My last post on the subject - it's disgusting, cruel, and people who approve of neutering at 12 weeks are the same.

My last post on the subject - incase i'm tempted to stick defamatory labels on people who don't share my exact opinion.
stiofan
stiofan

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down